A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music (Part 2)

Mightycomfort

Don't know if this was posted before.

Accoding to Warner Spain, this is the tracklist:

CD1 FIRST YEARS

1- Everybody

2- Holiday

3- Lucky Star

4- Dress You up

5- Material Girl

6- Like a Virgin

7- Into The Groove

8- Who´s That Girl

9- Crazy For You

10- Open Your Heart

11- Papa Don´t Preach

12- La Isla Bonita

13- Live To Tell

14- Like a Prayer

15- Express Yourself

16- Hanky Panky

17- Vogue

18- Celebration(New Song)

CD2 NEW YEARS

1- Erotica

2- Deeper and Deeper

3- Rain

4- Take a Bow

5- Bedtime Story

6- You Must Love Me

7- Ray of Light

8- Frozen

9- Music

10-Dont Tell Me

11-American Life

12-Die Another Day

13-Hung Up

14-Get Together

15-Miles Away

16- Give it 2 Me

17- 4 minutes

18- Revolver (New Song)

Look at some of the guessed tracklistings here :nocomment: - http://absolutemadonna.com/?p=3261

I love the tracklisting posted by "Rhama" here - http://allaboutmadonna.com/2009/08/rumour-celebration-2-cd-japanese-edition-tracklisting.php

Were "You'll See" and "I'll Remember" gold in the US, btw? I presume the latter was.

Yes, both gold singles according to Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits.

Guest Danny86

"You'll See" becoming Gold in spite of being released as a single *after* STR came out in the US is quite an achievement I guess. Wonder why radio did not spin it more though, it was one of her safest ever singles.

YS did pretty decently in airplay- No. 7 peak on mainstream top 40, No. 21 top 40/rhythm-crossover, No. 5 AC and top 20 at Hot AC. Should it be on a Madonan career-spanner? Could go either way- it's not one of her defining singles or anything.

Guest Danny86

^Yeah but only #10 on Hot 100 Airplay, that's quite far from the 9 week reign #1 of "TAB". ;) And if I'm not wrong, even TLC's 4th single outpeaked it on the Hot 100.

Once we discussed that "TAB" was a bit different from Babyface's usual stuff, I guess "YS" was a bit too ordinary from Foster to gain bigger attention?

I don't think it should be on the GH, it's kinda dated, unlike "Rain" or "Secret" or "TAB", not fresh at all. Some fans are convinced it should be there since it was ignored on GHV2 and that it's "classic Madonna" but I never thought of it as anything essential or remembered.

I didn't get I'll remember at the time. In the uk it made the top ten but was at a time when being an M fan wasn't the in thing. It just felt an anti climax after Rain - which I adored. Now tho I really like it and hope it makes celebration! It did do good things for her in the USA tho and went gold as I've just read! Good stuff! Something to celebrate ;)

I didn't get I'll remember at the time. In the uk it made the top ten but was at a time when being an M fan wasn't the in thing. It just felt an anti climax after Rain - which I adored. Now tho I really like it and hope it makes celebration! It did do good things for her in the USA tho and went gold as I've just read! Good stuff! Something to celebrate ;)

And was #02 on Billboard Hot 100 during 4 weeks!!! ("I Swear" was the #01 during all those weeks)

Guest Danny86

^I really can't see it happening before September. Unless Tribe or Anna start to leak it so Madonna.com will be forced to post it like Rama did with AL. :p

Supposedly the tracklist is not finalized, but what exactly are they debating in it? Maybe the versions used, remasters, remixes? Surely not something like "should TB be on it?"...

Guest Danny86

^Guess you're right, soon they will start pressing the CDs and all. But I really don't think it's Madonna.com's interest to reveal the tracklist 7 weeks before the release... And when it happens, I can imagine them first revealing the single CD, then the double CD and the DVDs saved for the last..

YS wasn't a big-event single, either- remember M wanted the music to speak for itself, with no controversy or anything (though she got some slack from PETA about the bulls, but that carried over from TAB. hehe)

Wonder if the the single CD will be out after the double one.

For all the hubub about new tracks, lack of chart success, whatnot- like any hits compilation, in the long run, it's the classic body of work- not new tracks- that are going to fuel this release.

YS wasn't a big-event single, either- remember M wanted the music to speak for itself, with no controversy or anything (though she got some slack from PETA about the bulls, but that carried over from TAB. hehe)

Wonder if the the single CD will be out after the double one.

For all the hubub about new tracks, lack of chart success, whatnot- like any hits compilation, in the long run, it's the classic body of work- not new tracks- that are going to fuel this release.

Yes I was talking to a friend today who is not an M fan and she was keen to buy the cd. I told her that it was a 1 or 2 cd set and she said she'd need the double for all the hits.

I reckon this body of work will tempt millions of casual buyers!

^Yeah but only #10 on Hot 100 Airplay, that's quite far from the 9 week reign #1 of "TAB". ;) And if I'm not wrong, even TLC's 4th single outpeaked it on the Hot 100.

Once we discussed that "TAB" was a bit different from Babyface's usual stuff, I guess "YS" was a bit too ordinary from Foster to gain bigger attention?

I don't think it should be on the GH, it's kinda dated, unlike "Rain" or "Secret" or "TAB", not fresh at all. Some fans are convinced it should be there since it was ignored on GHV2 and that it's "classic Madonna" but I never thought of it as anything essential or remembered.

You're a fool. YS is one of M's better ballads. You really think crap from this decade is "essential"...yeah maybe Music, Hung Up, 4 Minutes BUT COME ON...NO NON FAN CAN NAME 5 or more M singles from this decade. YS outshines almost every single released since Music. FACT! Deal. With. It.

Stupid Madonna sheep......

"Rain" is dull as dirt...seek help, immediately!

Guest bluejean

You're a fool. YS is one of M's better ballads. You really think crap from this decade is "essential"...yeah maybe Music, Hung Up, 4 Minutes BUT COME ON...NO NON FAN CAN NAME 5 or more M singles from this decade. YS outshines almost every single released since Music. FACT! Deal. With. It.

It's just his opinion, why we so rude about it?

Anyway, I would like to see 'You'll See' included because I think it's one of her most beautiful and powerful ballads and it was very much a hit. But I do agree its inclusion is not essential.

I really don't mind what is included as long as everything on it was an actual hit. I hate the thought of Madonna/Warner trying to rewrite history and slap Miles Away on there but exclude a big hit. If she wants to squeeze in minor recent hits to make it more reflective of her newer stuff, fair enough, but including major worldwide flops and not including a US or UK #1 is silly.

Guest bluejean

It's just his opinion, why we so rude about it?

Anyway, I would like to see 'You'll See' included because I think it's one of her most beautiful and powerful ballads and it was very much a hit. But I do agree its inclusion is not essential.

I really don't mind what is included as long as everything on it was an actual hit. I hate the thought of Madonna/Warner trying to rewrite history and slap Miles Away on there but exclude a big hit. If she wants to squeeze in minor recent hits to make it more reflective of her newer stuff, fair enough, but including major worldwide flops and not including a US or UK #1 is silly.

Guest dicktracy

Don't know if this was posted before.

Accoding to Warner Spain, this is the tracklist:

CD1 FIRST YEARS

1- Everybody

2- Holiday

3- Lucky Star

4- Dress You up

5- Material Girl

6- Like a Virgin

7- Into The Groove

8- Who´s That Girl

9- Crazy For You

10- Open Your Heart

11- Papa Don´t Preach

12- La Isla Bonita

13- Live To Tell

14- Like a Prayer

15- Express Yourself

16- Hanky Panky

17- Vogue

18- Celebration(New Song)

CD2 NEW YEARS

1- Erotica

2- Deeper and Deeper

3- Rain

4- Take a Bow

5- Bedtime Story

6- You Must Love Me

7- Ray of Light

8- Frozen

9- Music

10-Dont Tell Me

11-American Life

12-Die Another Day

13-Hung Up

14-Get Together

15-Miles Away

16- Give it 2 Me

17- 4 minutes

18- Revolver (New Song)

After the other tracklist that starts with Celebration and ends with Revolver, this looks like crap. YMLM between BS and ROL is just ridiculous.

We need the tracklisting for the DVD and Double CD like now. We'll all complain as usual for the glaring

ommisions and WB fucking everything up once again.

I have no worries about the exciting Patty release. This was a long time coming....

I just hope CD1 isn't the same as TIC. Think Cherish, LIB, LTT and RM should be left out. Would be good if they inc DYU, Everybody, WTG, TB and CAC.

Think CD2 should inc TUTBMP, YS, AP, B'Stranger and IR.

UPDATE: The new release date for Mariahs new album is now September 29th in the US.

It looks like ..."Madonna vs Mariah" part II.

10g9yxl-1.gif

Mariah did this so she can brag about beating Madonna on the US album chart... she's obsessed with Madonna..

anyway offcourse a studio album (no matter how bad it is) will win over a GH in these times... sales are down, especially when it comes to GH:s and in the US there's even no boost what so ever for Madonna yet for this GH release