New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

Guest Pud Whacker
Not true. You didn't know me then! I didn't like the single, but did fall in love with the album not too long after its release.

oh sorry, you were already a jaded ho in '03. :rotfl:

Guest nothingfails0603

I'm just curious, what do people expect from the woman? I was not a HC fan but I love the 20 seconds that leaked. Yet it seemed like a lot of people who hated HC are hating what they've heard of this as well. If you don't like her doing either hip hop OR dance, what do you expect from her? are you hoping for a return to the Something To Remember ballads?

I'm just curious, what do people expect from the woman? I was not a HC fan but I love the 20 seconds that leaked. Yet it seemed like a lot of people who hated HC are hating what they've heard of this as well. If you don't like her doing either hip hop OR dance, what do you expect from her? are you hoping for a return to the Something To Remember ballads?

Dude... come on... this sounds like some generic dance shit. The people who want her to dance, I would assume, expect more Confessions-like songs from her, or something that is genuinely good.

Guest BytheBay
I don't get it, either. It's like what Suedehead said. We're ridiculous for not immediately attaching ourselves to and falling in love with anything that's new Maodnna. That's so fucking stupid. If it's shit, it's shit.

I just hope this isn't.

Or maybe the people who are trying to enjoy the song are sick of being reminded by the same five or six people how much they dislike it. If it bothers them so much (and I'm not directing this at you) then stop coming into the thread and ruining it for the people who are excited by it. Everytime someone posts a positive response the same few people haul out their "witty" comments about how lame it is. That's why it gets old. If it was new comments from people not liking it would be one thing but its not.

Guest BytheBay
Dude... come on... this sounds like some generic dance shit. The people who want her to dance, I would assume, expect more Confessions-like songs from her, or something that is genuinely good.

And then they would complain that she is repeating herself. The people complaining are the same few that always complain.

Or maybe the people who are trying to enjoy the song are sick of being reminded by the same five or six people how much they dislike it. If it bothers them so much (and I'm not directing this at you) then stop coming into the thread and ruining it for the people who are excited by it. Everytime someone posts a positive response the same few people haul out their "witty" comments about how lame it is. That's why it gets old. If it was new comments from people not liking it would be one thing but its not.

Well, I know this isn't directed towards me. I'm one of the biggest M supporters around here.

Guest nothingfails0603

Well, we've only heard 18 seconds of the song. I am sure if only the 18 seconds of the chorus of HU had leaked first, people would've thought it's generic gay shit too.

Guest Pud Whacker

would you law low on it until you hear more than 20 seconds already? :lol: and dont pretend you dont love this song...

Well, we've only heard 18 seconds of the song. I am sure if only the 18 seconds of the chorus of HU had leaked first, people would've thought it's generic gay shit too.

I have a feeling this won't be a HU. :lol: Still... they are only going to leak a hot part of the song, right? Come on, man.

would you law low on it until you hear more than 20 seconds already? :lol: and dont pretend you dont love this song...

AHHHH. :rotfl:

You know I have a hard time shutting my mouth/stop typing. I'm not a hater, at all. But if people keep responding, then I'm certainly not going to stop talking.

Guest Pud Whacker

i know youre not a hater and i also know that youll love the song. I KNOW IT. how can you not? ITS MADONNA!!!!

Dude, when I first heard the Hung Up clip, I went INSANE. It was so good.

Don't call us who don't like the clip non-fans. We adore Madonna. God damn... when is this thing going to leak?!?

It's not a matter of calling people who don't like the clip "non-fans". It's the fact that a number of fans (???) have made up their mind base on a 19 second clip. Not only that, it's usually the same people who bitch about what she is doing anymore. It's like they are never satisfied with what she does which brings to question... "are you a fan anymore??"

Does that mean you weren't a fan or still not a fan just because you don't like it?? No. But if you spend the majority of your time disliking what she does, I would say your appreciation for Madonna is lost.

For me, I've been a fan pretty much since the mid 80's. I love her stuff even before I was a fan, yet have accepted that she's never going to be the same entertainer she was in the 80's, nor the 90's. I will agree that over time, there are songs I dislike of hers, but there still isn't one album I totally dislike. Over all, she's still a great entertainer. I'm still in awe of most of the music she produces no matter who helps her produce it.

I would be a bit more accepting to the criticism of this track if people were hearing the full thing, but the fact is, no one here has heard the full track. I certainly understand if it's not hitting a home run for you, but some have taken a 19 second clip and dissected it and judged it before it's been heard in it's full context. I don't think that is fair.

I really can't say 19 seconds really is enough time to judge if it's "dated" or not my cup of tea. All I can say it sounds promising and I am enjoying the clip so far.

As for the statements/opinions of it being dated... again, I don't think it's fair to make that judgment at this time. However, let's say it does sound dated? What does it matter? There are plenty of great songs I love that sound dated. And honestly, this is for a collection of the past 25 years. Even if it is dated, I would think the song would fit well in the context of the album, don't you think?

In the end, I just find it silly and ridiculous to carry on about the things I dislike when there is so much more to Madonna that I do like. Again, there are a few songs I just can't stand to listen of Madonna's. And the moment that she makes an album full of tracks I can't listen to, I will consider maybe my appreciation for her is no more. But I suspect that since she's produce 25 plus years of music that I've enjoyed, there is hardly a chance of her recording an album I dislike. She's pretty much stayed pretty true to what I've enjoyed all along.

The problem I am seeing more and more as the years go on at a many of these fan forums is that I detest participating in them more and more because the fans are sounding more like (if not worse than) the anti-Madonna fans/forums. It's depressing and I think that is why some fans are annoyed by all these negative comments. It's not that someone has a different or negative opinion of Madonna or her latest track or what not. It's the fact that it's usually the same fans who overwhelming are always negative about everything she does anymore. But for me, she's outlasted most entertainers and have kept me entertained through it all. I know that all good things usually fall. Madonna has many great years of producing great music. But for many entertainers, they cannot sustain the popularity and keep evolving as Madonna has in the past. Eventually, I suspect there will come a time that her ideas and entertainment will not be as interesting as in the past, but that's because like anything...all good things do come to an end. But I feel Madonna has a number of great years still ahead of her. This is why you won't see me carrying on about the things I dislike as much as what I do like.

"Celebrate" may not be her best work, but it does sound like a fun track. And being Madonna is most noted for producing the most fun dance/party music than many other artists, I'd think this track from what I've heard so far seems to fit quite well in the context of the GH's set coming out.

i know youre not a hater and i also know that youll love the song. I KNOW IT. how can you not? ITS MADONNA!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The final version is so much better. This one lacks energy.

I saw the first 5 words, and was over it. This guy needs to understand how to condense his words.

And why am I not surprised that an appreciation post for Madonna gets attacked? Pardon me if you haven't the comprehension or patience to read my lengthy response, yet have all the time in the world to read a 32 page thread and respond many times within it.

I'm betting if we added up all your replies in this thread to my very few replies in this thread, I bet you've probably said more than me!! Please do fuck off if you're going to attack me. I'm not here to play these little juvenile shitty games some of you like to play here!! :wacko:

LOL I don't believe it, at work today, (i work at Asda/Wal-Mart) they announced that they were gonna play Madonna's new 'summer tune' very soon right after they played Jump! I can't believe it, i was serving a customer at the time and totally lost the plot! lol This is great news, word is picking up so quickly. Also radio 1 early this morning played the 20 second clip, awesome, i really hope this gives her a 14th British #1 :)

Guest ursaminorjim
...It's not that someone has a different or negative opinion of Madonna or her latest track or what not. It's the fact that it's usually the same fans who overwhelming are always negative about everything she does anymore.

Like who? I can't think of anyone who's so overwhelmingly negative that isn't a "joke" poster, like Ijustfuctmadonna, or...actually, that's it.

And I gotta say - despite some very valid points, for someone who won't be seen "carrying on about the things I dislike as much as what I do like," you do seem to spend the lion's share of a number of your posts complaining about people who hold Madonna in lesser esteem than you. I don't think you realize that.

Just spoke to my bud at Warners

He said the cover of the Greatest hits is a tight head shot, that is amazing! He said she looks Fantastic and he hasen't actually loved everything by her lately but he said the cover is

FANTASTIC!