Official MILES AWAY video

Madonna does not own the rights, she won't own it for "Revolver" either, because it was recorded for a Warner project. I don't know why the demo is still everywhere, I guess Warner has no control over that, they can't claim copyright for it. Also, only the fans know about "Revolver", it was never even officially confirmed! And latest rumour is that it won't even be the first single of GH.

"MA" is removed because Warner pulls anything Madonna related these days from YouTube, except audience recordings of live performances. It's just weird that if the video was put together by Nathan and Guy, then Warner doesn't have to do anything with it and won't release it anyway, so it's like they are now going against Madonna... :confused:

Well my point is that, Warner has involvement with Revolver and she could care they could make less profit cause its everywhere and it is all over youtube which they are famous for pulling stuff off of. And Madonna has recored a version of Revolver, thats 100% true!! Its just not sure how it will be used, if used at all at this point.

And warners going against Madonna is absoutly correct, this is just my theory but Won't doubt warners leaked Revolver, just to spite Madonna and ruin her single release, hence why we are hearing rumors Madonna's changing her plans about her first single release.

Guest Danny86
Well my point is that, Warner has involvement with Revolver and she could care they could make less profit cause its everywhere and it is all over youtube which they are famous for pulling stuff off of. And Madonna has recored a version of Revolver, thats 100% true!! Its just not sure how it will be used, if used at all at this point.

And warners going against Madonna is absoutly correct, this is just my theory but Won't doubt warners leaked Revolver, just to spite Madonna and ruin her single release, hence why we are hearing rumors Madonna's changing her plans about her first single release.

I totally understand your point, I'm just saying that Warner can't pull "Revolver" demo only because Madonna recorded the same song and it kills buzz, they need to claim copyright, and it's unlikely that they own the non-Madonna version. If the M version leaked, they would be able to pull it, I think that's how it works.

I meant that we do know Madonna recorded the song, but we only know it because Anna and others with insider info confirmed it, not even DJ Frank E said the name of the song, even though many fans kept asking it from him. So in a way, if Warner decided to pull the demo, it would be the first official confirmation...

I totally understand your point, I'm just saying that Warner can't pull "Revolver" demo only because Madonna recorded the same song and it kills buzz, they need to claim copyright, and it's unlikely that they own the non-Madonna version. If the M version leaked, they would be able to pull it, I think that's how it works.

I meant that we do know Madonna recorded the song, but we only know it because Anna and others with insider info confirmed it, not even DJ Frank E said the name of the song, even though many fans kept asking it from him. So in a way, if Warner decided to pull the demo, it would be the first official confirmation...

Cool get your point, its the non Madonna version that leaked but I do believe thats still a warner song Madonna on it or not, I just feel they are trying to ruin her efforts as the example with this Miles Away video.

I don't think it is, actually.

She's so shoddy with her legacy it's maddening. I mean, you can spout the whole "I'm only interested in moving forward, the past is the past" line all you want, but her lack of any kind of attention to detail is reducing her work to mere ephemera. You wanna be taken seriously as an artist? Then stop acting like a fucking celebrity. Get your catalog in shape, woman! There's absolutely no excuse why there hasn't been a massive overhaul before leaving WB. This GH is kind-of her last chance - there needs to be a proper 2-disc DVD set of ALL her videos. Quit wasting money on "will this do?" videos like this and "Jump." It's totally unbecoming.

Rant over.

agree agree agree :bow:

too late for a video, though, a video which could have been much better :( still, the concept for the video (live footage mixed with bits of backstage clips, screaming fans, the idea of traveling and all that shit) is really cool and fits the song perfectly

Warner's are still at odds with youtube over payments for videos. It's not just Madonna - they are removing all their artists work as they don't think youtube is paying them enough royalities.

The video is pleasant enough but too little too late. I don't think we will ever find out why the release was so badly managed.