Bedtime Stories Appreciation Thread!

hesser

Guest Pud Whacker
*ahem* And the award for "Best recreation of the Bedtime Stories album cover by a latter-day Madonna incarnation" goes to...

winner.png

Scene from "Me Against The Music"

:clap:

Damn near uncanny. :D

c0ad745a.jpg

FIRST THING I THOUGHT OF when watching that madonna had done a video with britney spears. oh, what a horrible day that was. i got over it. kind of. at least madonna was great.

Guest Pud Whacker

Part two.

oh, i loved all the parts!!! there is a maturity here but still connected with the brat. good time.

MORE MORE MORE!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

Dear lord. She handles it well though. :confused:

oh, yes, she handles it great - good way to put it. that lady was so awful. shes such a serious european feminist. ugh. maybe liz was mad at madonna during this time and sat her down with all these women. :rotfl:

shes much better with men.

oh, yes, she handles it great - good way to put it. that lady was so awful. shes such a serious european feminist. ugh. maybe liz was mad at madonna during this time and sat her down with all these women. :rotfl:

shes much better with men.

Yes, but imagine John Norris asking that question during last years' press junket.

:rotfl:

Guest Pud Whacker
Yes, but imagine John Norris asking that question during last years' press junket.

:rotfl:

i said MEN. :demonic:

Another one of the things that makes me benevolently chuckle about the Bedtime Stories era is how much her quest to have a baby was played up in the media at the time. Anyone who can remember that period knows that this was like a sub plot to many of her interviews. And in retrospect it was very foreshadowing.

Guest Pud Whacker
Another one of the things that makes me benevolently chuckle about the Bedtime Stories era is how much her quest to have a baby was played up in the media at the time. Anyone who can remember that period knows that this was like a sub plot to many of her interviews. And in retrospect it was very foreshadowing.

the media was OBSESSED with it. she couldnt get through an interview without them bringing it up.

Guest Pud Whacker
Bitch, I said imagine it.

I'm waiting.

(Carlton: She's getting pissed...)

:demonic:

:rotfl: ok, i imagined - RIT style and it was just as awful as i imagined. :ass:

Guest blueferris

in retrospect the BS era was a eerie calm before several storms!

the video for TAB directly led to her getting the role in EVITA . . .

the "bedtime story" song seemed to plant the seed for the ROL album. . .

and lola was on the other side of all those baby questions she was hit with in interviews.

bs = best madonna era!

in retrospect the BS era was a eerie calm before several storms!

the video for TAB directly led to her getting the role in EVITA . . .

the "bedtime story" song seemed to plant the seed for the ROL album. . .

and lola was on the other side of all those baby questions she was hit with in interviews.

bs = best madonna era!

I love bedtime stories , it was one of the first M albums i listened to ( i only started listening to M's albums last year , and the first ones i listened to were the 90s ones , i'm a baby fan , i know :tongue: )

let me review the songs

survival:

from the first second i listened to the beat at the beginning , i fell in love with this song , one of her best :thumbsup:

secret:

great song accompanied by an equally great video and one of my favorite M songs

I'd Rather Be Your Lover

for me it's one of the weaker songs on the album , but i still love it anyway

Don't Stop

filler song (but good filler) , my least favorite

Inside Of Me

sometimes i don't care for it much but other times i almost cry , singing about her mother makes me emotional and i can definitely relate

Human Nature

love this song , mainly because madonna is not apologizing for SEX , i love that about her

Forbidden Love

from this song the album becomes a bit sad , which i LOVE

the second part of the album is amazing :dramatic:

Love Tried To Welcome Me

wow is all i can say about this song , amazing in every way , and the lyrics are simply great :thumbsup:

sancturay

i love the dark mood in this one , the lyrics are amazing too

bedtime story

one of the best songs ever!! and the video is incredible :dramatic:

take a bow

BS should've been the album closer , other than that the TaB is great

BEST SONGS

survival

secret

bedtime story

love tried to welcome me

forbidden love

M's look for the era is one of her best , and the best 90s look IMO :thumbsup:

Guest Danny86
bs2.jpg

Interesting to read that she started to film the "Bedtime Story" video on the same day when "Take A Bow" was released (Dec. 5)and only a few weeks after "TAB" video filming. Back then Warner really pushed her to do all those videos, but the floppage of "BS" must have pissed them off, as it was one of the most expensive videos ever.

I think on the mailing list, they say that Madonna wanted "Bedtime Story" to be the first single. I think it's entirely possible, but would have been so weird, because not even "TAB" could have saved the album with a start like that.

*ahem* And the award for "Best recreation of the Bedtime Stories album cover by a latter-day Madonna incarnation" goes to...

winner.png

Scene from "Me Against The Music"

Damn near uncanny. :D

Yes! I remember when I saw the video for the first time, I said this little Bedtime Stories-esque shot was the only redeeming thing about that 'project'.

c0ad745a.jpg

FIRST THING I THOUGHT OF when watching that madonna had done a video with britney spears. oh, what a horrible day that was. i got over it. kind of. at least madonna was great.

Okay someone tell me what upside down cover is the original cuz I've only ever seen one..

since day one..& it's upside down facing up :chuckle:

BEDTIME STORIES in FRANCE :french: :french: :french:

This is what the look was all about :wow:

The Ultimate 1994 Promo Appearance

There are some good songs on this record, I must admit.. I find that some of the songs are overwhelmingly sad, like "Love Tried To Welcome Me" and "Forbidden Love", and it has some solid melodies, but it's not often I listen to it because it's an album I have to be in the mood to listen to, I've always been that way with it. I now realize the strength of this album though. :)

There are some good songs on this record, I must admit.. I find that some of the songs are overwhelmingly sad, like "Love Tried To Welcome Me" and "Forbidden Love", and it has some solid melodies, but it's not often I listen to it because it's an album I have to be in the mood to listen to, I've always been that way with it. I now realize the strength of this album though. :)

I agree..it's all about the mood.

But I'd say it contains the one song that should b a proper Madonna classic but seems largely forgotten:

But I'd say it contains the one song that should b a proper Madonna classic but seems largely forgotten

It's ALL about Secret. I don't get why it's not a stadium-singalong-classic..."my baby's got a secret" needs to be sung by 70,000 people.