New Madonna book: the 80s *looks grrreat*

Guest seancannon

Guest Pud Whacker
that looks so cool

too expensive tho :(

so expensive coco!!! lets pitch in and we can share it various times of the year. :lol:

Cover pic is absolutely stunning. Those eyes are mesmerizing!

I always hated that The First Album cover, Madonna was sooo much nicer. Before the remasters came around I made sure I ordered the US version off CDNow.

That book looks nice. I'm hoping there are some rare shots and not the same old reused chesnuts. It would be like having an HQ version of Madonnashots you could skim through.

I always hated that The First Album cover, Madonna was sooo much nicer. Before the remasters came around I made sure I ordered the US version off CDNow.

That book looks nice. I'm hoping there are some rare shots and not the same old reused chesnuts. It would be like having an HQ version of Madonnashots you could skim through.

The remaster of "Madonna" has the original cover.

lol cosmic_system I think he means that 'before the remasters came around' (before 2001 - maybe 1990, 1994 or 1997 for example) he 'made sure (he) ordered the US version off CDNow' because he 'always hated that The First Album cover, Madonna was sooo much nicer'

• 2 weeks later...

It's crap and boring, it features bootlegs marketed as official such as the German 12" YCD Promo Picture Disc listed with a picture of the bootleg and the LAV 7" single from Peru with the fake cover listed as a promo

Nothing amazing or rare, better pictures can be found online of rare items, lucky I didn't order it ha ha

There has never been a Madonna book free of mistakes. All of the best resources still have a few errors. Hell, even Sex has typos (that is to say nothing of the oddly fused ass cracks.) :lol:

Still waiting for my copy of The Eighties to arrive, but from all I've read, the book is exactly what I was wanting. A near-comprehensive discography organized by album and single. Obviously a book for a very specific sect of Madonna fans... probably not for those who care very little or for those who care too much about her music releases.

Apparently there is a full page, 12x12 photo for every single and album, and the few I've seen have all been gorgeous. So, they accidentally displayed the back of a bootleg picture disc of You Can Dance in one of the entries instead of the real one. I'd imagine that other than the maybe five examples mentioned on Tribe that the majority of the information is correct this and this book will make for a nice resource.

More importantly, it will be a fun book to flip through for people like me interested in seeing all of the various international pressings of her music releases and some big, beautiful photos from throughout the eighties.

It's crap and boring, it features bootlegs marketed as official such as the German 12" YCD Promo Picture Disc listed with a picture of the bootleg and the LAV 7" single from Peru with the fake cover listed as a promo

Nothing amazing or rare, better pictures can be found online of rare items, lucky I didn't order it ha ha

Seeing as you "didn't order it ha ha," have you actually looked at the entire book? Sounds more like you're regurgitating posts from the Tribe forum and my guess would be that you've only seen the same few images as the rest of us. Perhaps you should reserve reviewing it for after you've actually held it in your hands. Thanks.

If it's "crap and boring" I will let you know once my copy arrives.

That was my initial thought, but they didn't go with the obvious and use Like A Virgin for this volume. I'd love one of Patrick Demarchelier's Bedtime Stories outtake photos to grace the cover...