Madonna's UK tour dates sell out

markm

Madonna's UK tour dates sell out

Sticky & Sweet is Madonna's eighth world tour

Both UK dates on Madonna's Sticky & Sweet world tour have sold out.

Tickets to the gigs, at London's 02 Arena on 4 July and Manchester's MEN Arena on 7 July, were snapped up by fans just minutes after going on sale.

The tour, to promote her album Hard Candy, is the biggest grossing in history for a solo artist.

Madonna has visited Europe and both North and South America since kicking off the tour at Cardiff's Millennium stadium in August last year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7874929.stm

Strange they haven't added extra shows. Will she do 2 London shows back to back?

Doesn't she usually take a day off after opening night?

AS OF NOW, tickets are still available at the official O2 website for Block B... But I'm surprised additional dates have yet to be announced. There's space on the 5th as well right before Manchester on the 7th. And I'm sure they could push forward and open the show there a little earlier too.

I tried at around 10 o'clock and was offered Block E at the MEN so I didn't bother. If they release good seats nearer the time, I'll get them but I'm not getting sucked in by ticketmaster again - this shit ain't really worth it but I would like to check it out in an arena setting.

Guest bluejean

:lol: Oh I see.

Not as bad as the Milan site. That one offered me gold circle, then after I selected it wouldn't let me process the order then they dissapeared out of the basket. Twice.

Guest ConfessionsOfAGayboi

I couldn't get any good manchester seats in the end either :( I wish she was just doing general admission standing with the Golden Circle - would have been so much easier!! Oh well, doesn't like I'll be seeing her this time but at least I saw her in Cardiff on Opening Night from front row of General Admission so I'm still happy :)....i'll see ya next time M. lol

M Tribe and Icon are reporting July 5th at O2 Arena will be added shortly. Some fans have already won tickets for the 5th in s competition give way by Capital

Radio. Livenation have also confirmed to a number of people who they owe refunds or discounts for the Hot Ticket "mess up" at Wembley that they are reserving Packages for them on the 5th.

The centuries of inbreeding have led to a certain "look" and "culture" of the Brit. Whether that makes them a race though, I'm unsure.

At least we didn't vote in President Bush. Twice! I'd clean your own gene pool up before you criticise ours.

The British are one of the least inbred races in Europe but I don't think Americans know much about history.

I'm glad LiveNation are making up for their utter balls up of last year though. They were very unprofessional.

Guest bluejean
The Brits here will ALWAYS bitch and moan and complain.

Of course people are going to complain when sites crash and good tickets offered get taken away as a result.

It has nothing to do with being British, since I'm not even British anyway.

The centuries of inbreeding have led to a certain "look" and "culture" of the Brit. Whether that makes them a race though, I'm unsure.

Go take a pole and ram it up your ass

Madonna shows at O2 sell out in minutes 7/02/2009

It's not like Madonna needs the money, but selling out her two UK tour dates in minutes will certainly take the sting out of her £20million divorce payout to ex Guy Ritchie.

The Manchester and London O2 dates sold out in no time at all and we hear rumblings that she may be planning a few other special gigs. She's still a Material Girl at heart.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/3am/2009/02...15875-21103419/

Madonna fans frozen out

Dean Kirby

February 07, 2009

RICHARD GAYNOR was so determined to get a front-row seat to see his idol Madonna that he spent 18 hours in freezing temperatures outside the M.E.N. Arena box office.

The 38-year-old should have suspected something when he saw there were only 35 others in the queue.

It was only when the ticket office opened at 9am that he realised the best seats for the concert in July had been snapped up by fans online.

"It was torture in the night," said Richard, from Rusholme, after getting a ticket.

"I felt like an icicle in the morning. I'm a little disappointed. I'd like to have been at the front of the stage. I just think that some seats should be given to the venue for those people who queue up like this.

"I thought there would be more people in the queue when I arrived.

"The last time I saw Madonna there were already lots of people queuing by 9pm the night before the box office opened."

Madonna will bring her Sticky and Sweet world tour to Manchester on July 7 - her third appearance in the city in 25 years.

Hacienda

She first played Manchester at the Hacienda in 1984 - her British debut - which was filmed for Channel 4 music show The Tube.

She returned in 2004 with her sell-out Re-Invention tour.

The Sticky and Sweet tour came to Europe last year but did not stop in Manchester.

It was the highest-grossing tour in history for a solo artist and featured tracks from her latest No 1 album, Hard Candy, as well as older classics.

Tickets priced up to £175 went on sale at 9am yesterday. Fan club members were able to buy tickets beforehand. Dale Speight, 18, from Bury, queued for more than 12 hours. He said: "I arrived at 8.30pm the night before and was second in the queue. It was freezing. I was expecting more people there. It was very cold, but it was worth it.

"You never know if this will be her last tour. She may retire from touring, but at least I'll be able to tell my grandchildren I was there."

Julie McKnight, 36, from Droylsden, arrived at the arena at 3pm on Thursday, but decided to see a show there when she realised the queue was so small.

She then returned at 9.30pm and spent a cold night waiting for the box office to open.

Julie said: "I'm taking my daughter to the show. She's seven, so it will be a real treat for her. It was definitely worth queuing overnight to see her. Madonna seems to have got better with age.

"But I think some seats at the front should have been allocated for those who queued."

A spokesman for the M.E.N. Arena said ticketing arrangements were a matter for the promoters, Live Nation. Live Nation declined to comment.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new...fans_frozen_out

YEs, i dont like all this VIP package either, cos thats blatanly where all the best seats are gong, and then general sale day there is nothing left...it wasnt like this for me on Confessions or Reinvention, i got great seatsboth time, but after my experience for Wembley, Cardiff and now 02, it seems there are only shitty seats left come general release

IM NOT HAPPY...THIS WAY

I demand extra dates for this FLOP TOUR

Guest Pud Whacker

Tickets to Madonna's UK tour sell out within minutes

London, Feb 7 : Both UK dates on Madonna's forthcoming Sticky and Sweet tour sold out within minutes after going on sale.

The shows at London's O2 Arena on July 4th and the MEN Arena in Manchester on July 7th are part of an additional European leg to the tour, reports the BBC.

Despite prices starting at 110pounds, tickets for the shows were still in high demand.

The 16-date jaunt will see the singer perform in cities left off the first leg of the tour.

The tour, to promote her album Hard Candy, is the biggest grossing in history for a solo artist. --- ANI

Someone on Icon says they spoke to someone at Ticketmaster today apparently an extra date at the 02 on 5th July will announced on Monday.

They will go on sale next week. No word on a presale.