SÃO PAULO - December 18/20/21 - PRESS Reports/Reviews/Pics

Bitch

2 Madonna fans were the "first in line" and already camping outside Morumbi Stadium, 2 weeks before the concert. They are Vinicius Braz (21) and Maicon Juliano (19), from the Santa Catarina state in Southern Brazil. THey are only carrying a backpack each, and will be taking showers at a friend's house. Also camping are Ricardo Vieira (28) and Marta Takashi (52).

06/12/2008 - -- 08h11 (googleTranslator)

Madonna starts tour in South America with impeccable show

IVAN FINOTTI

Envoy of the Folha de S. Paulo to Buenos Aires

She is coming. And brings her factory pirulitos, the tour "Sweet & Sticky" (sticky and sweet) from the album "Hard Candy" (hard candy), for five concerts in Brazil starting in a week: Sunday (14) and second (15) No Maracanã in Rio de Janeiro; fifth (18), Saturday (20) and Sunday (21) at Morumbi in Sao Paulo.

Two days ago, made a show professional and irreproachable. And predictable, as a presentation "Sweet & Sticky" is a show with minimally roadmap planned, more like a piece of theater that for a show of rock. They are always 24 songs - nine of them last album. Always the same dances and always in the same order.

Evita moment

Having said this, Madonna broke the rule in Buenos Aires the hook "Do not Cry for Me Argentina" to the song "You Must Love Me" (both of the soundtrack from "Evita"). And did so without any shame, stamping the Argentine flag on all screens of the stadium. It was one of the rare times when the public reaction outlined Aires and applauded.

Soon after, the sound of a video "Get Stupid" (excerpt from the song "Give It 2 Me," the last album), with scenes of dead people, of armies, dictators, wars, starving children, Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela , John Kennedy, ending with frozen image of Barack Obama.

If these moments were somewhat politicized obvious, there was euphoria in the final songs: "Like a Prayer," "Ray of Light" and "Hung Up." Then, yes, the Argentines fell in dance and seemed to be in a stadium watching a show. Otherwise, the public seemed to be watching a DVD in the living room of the house, motionless.

Madonna proves it is more a show-woman as a singer, to disagree on some occasions, notably in "Borderline", which won a hard rock version supported largely in the voice.

But the rest of the show was impeccable. The structure is huge, the sound is excellent, the look is ultracolorido, the video chat with the songs in different ways, including holding special Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and producer Timbaland and Pharrel Williams.

A screen in cylindrical form, going down and involves the singer, is the biggest highlight of the stage. And, despite relying increasingly on technology, Madonna does not assume its 50 years and up to jump rope during "Into the Groove."

Both Argentina and Brazil, the preparation of the public is in charge of Paul Oakenfold. TIt is a London DJ of trance and house that already played for the Brazilians. He had, indeed, his week of 'best in the world. " Oakenfold is a set of 40 minutes and like the majority of the public.

Cancellation

The first of four concerts in Buenos Aires, scheduled for Wednesday was postponed due to the non-arrival of a container of clothes. ""When I heard that piece of equipment did not arrive in time, cried," Madonna wrote in the memo distributed Wednesday. ""Luckily, I am able to reprogram that show and I apologize for the inconvenience caused."

The artist was referring to rows of fans camped near the stadium that were harmed by the cancellation. The problem is that the show was rescheduled from Wednesday to yesterday, keeping unchanged from Thursday. Many fans, who had traveled specially to the presentation, which had not stay in the capital.

The physical wear caused by the show forced the production to move also on subsequent dates. To not do four shows in a row, the presentation today was also postponed to Monday. In tomorrow's still the same.

Madonna in Brazil

When: 14 (Sunday) and 15 (second), in Rio; 18 (Thursday), 20 (Saturday) and 21 (Sunday), in Sao Paulo, at 20h

Onde: estádios do Maracanã (Rio) e do Morumbi (SP) Where: stages of the Red (River) and the Morumbi (SP)

How much: there are still tickets for every day, of $ 160 to U.S. $ 300

Classification: from 12 years with officials, or people over 14

Rate (show in Buenos Aires):excellent

Guest dicktracy
06/12/2008 - -- 08h11 (googleTranslator)

Madonna starts tour in South America with impeccable show

IVAN FINOTTI

Envoy of the Folha de S. Paulo to Buenos Aires

She is coming. And brings her factory pirulitos, the tour "Sweet & Sticky" (sticky and sweet) from the album "Hard Candy" (hard candy), for five concerts in Brazil starting in a week: Sunday (14) and second (15) No Maracanã in Rio de Janeiro; fifth (18), Saturday (20) and Sunday (21) at Morumbi in Sao Paulo.

Two days ago, made a show professional and irreproachable. And predictable, as a presentation "Sweet & Sticky" is a show with minimally roadmap planned, more like a piece of theater that for a show of rock. They are always 24 songs - nine of them last album. Always the same dances and always in the same order.

Evita moment

Having said this, Madonna broke the rule in Buenos Aires the hook "Do not Cry for Me Argentina" to the song "You Must Love Me" (both of the soundtrack from "Evita"). And did so without any shame, stamping the Argentine flag on all screens of the stadium. It was one of the rare times when the public reaction outlined Aires and applauded.

Soon after, the sound of a video "Get Stupid" (excerpt from the song "Give It 2 Me," the last album), with scenes of dead people, of armies, dictators, wars, starving children, Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela , John Kennedy, ending with frozen image of Barack Obama.

If these moments were somewhat politicized obvious, there was euphoria in the final songs: "Like a Prayer," "Ray of Light" and "Hung Up." Then, yes, the Argentines fell in dance and seemed to be in a stadium watching a show. Otherwise, the public seemed to be watching a DVD in the living room of the house, motionless.

Madonna proves it is more a show-woman as a singer, to disagree on some occasions, notably in "Borderline", which won a hard rock version supported largely in the voice.

But the rest of the show was impeccable. The structure is huge, the sound is excellent, the look is ultracolorido, the video chat with the songs in different ways, including holding special Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and producer Timbaland and Pharrel Williams.

A screen in cylindrical form, going down and involves the singer, is the biggest highlight of the stage. And, despite relying increasingly on technology, Madonna does not assume its 50 years and up to jump rope during "Into the Groove."

Both Argentina and Brazil, the preparation of the public is in charge of Paul Oakenfold. TIt is a London DJ of trance and house that already played for the Brazilians. He had, indeed, his week of 'best in the world. " Oakenfold is a set of 40 minutes and like the majority of the public.

Cancellation

The first of four concerts in Buenos Aires, scheduled for Wednesday was postponed due to the non-arrival of a container of clothes. ""When I heard that piece of equipment did not arrive in time, cried," Madonna wrote in the memo distributed Wednesday. ""Luckily, I am able to reprogram that show and I apologize for the inconvenience caused."

The artist was referring to rows of fans camped near the stadium that were harmed by the cancellation. The problem is that the show was rescheduled from Wednesday to yesterday, keeping unchanged from Thursday. Many fans, who had traveled specially to the presentation, which had not stay in the capital.

The physical wear caused by the show forced the production to move also on subsequent dates. To not do four shows in a row, the presentation today was also postponed to Monday. In tomorrow's still the same.

Madonna in Brazil

When: 14 (Sunday) and 15 (second), in Rio; 18 (Thursday), 20 (Saturday) and 21 (Sunday), in Sao Paulo, at 20h

Onde: estádios do Maracanã (Rio) e do Morumbi (SP) Where: stages of the Red (River) and the Morumbi (SP)

How much: there are still tickets for every day, of $ 160 to U.S. $ 300

Classification: from 12 years with officials, or people over 14

Rate (show in Buenos Aires):excellent

Proof that auto-translators leave much to be desired. By the way, the headline reads "Madonna puts on impeccable and predictable show." Predictable?? Really??

Proof that auto-translators leave much to be desired. By the way, the headline reads "Madonna puts on impeccable and predictable show." Predictable?? Really??

while most people consider DCFMA predictable in argentina, we fans know she barely adds/changes anything in her shows, so it wasnt that predictable after all

while most people consider DCFMA predictable in argentina, we fans know she barely adds/changes anything in her shows, so it wasnt that predictable after all

yes, it was a sweet thing to do, an impredictable sweet thing to do

In 1990 in madrid they were expecting her to sing La isla bonita...

Guys, this is the strangest Madonna related news ever in Brasil. Today we have the final games for the Brazilian soccer 2008 league and Madonna is ALL OVER the news because the team São Paulo, the runner up to be the champion and owner of Morumbi Stadium where Madona will perform, apparently tried to manipulate the results today sending the referee tickets for Madonna concerts. Brazilian Soccer Federation decided to replace him from the decisive match. Quite funny.

I will use Google Translator again so you can get the main picture, don't have time to translate everything, sorry!

Sao paulo explains relationship of Madonna concert with "case Tardelli"

Once the change of arbitration for the "decision" between Sao Paulo and Goiás was announced, rumors emerged indicating that the referee Wagner Tardelli, withdrawn by the CBF's scale, had its name included on a list of special guests for the show by singer Madonna , that will happen in the Morumbi stadium, on 18 and Dec. 20. Wagner Tardelli has been replaced and will not referee the decisive game of São Paulo x Goias.

The Morumbi club's vehemently denied any attempt to please the judge. This week, including a letter sent by sao-paulinos to the CBF asking for Tardelli who was not placed in the draw of the game this Sunday in Bezerrao stadium, which can set the Campeonato Brasileiro.

"Some people requested tickets [to show] on behalf of the Paulista Federation, and according to my information, our secretary called for the federation to verify all that. She asked [the secretary of the body] is Tardelli was the leader of the federation, but we determine not to give a little news substantiated, "said the vice president of football tricolor, Carlos Augusto de Barros e Silva, the channel Sportv.

The manager even found absurd the idea of the Sao Paulo trying to "buy" with the referee calls for the show. " Madonna still do before [day on December 14] a show in Rio de Janeiro, which is the city where the referee [Tardelli] lives. This news is absurd, a joke."

The director of football tricolor, Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes, also spoke on the topic."The news did not have any consistency, it was not something concrete."

Sao Paulo Federation councilors admit that there is a common practice in Sao Paulo to offer invitations to guests of the FPF, and, before releasing the entries, the club comes into contact with the body to confirm the names on the list.

The controversy surrounding the name of Wagner Tardelli appeared in this Saturday, when the CBF announced its withdrawal from the referee of the game between Sao Paulo and Goiás. According to the arbitrator, the prosecutor reported that a person was using the name of Tardelli to try to sell the result of the departure of Sunday, suggesting manipulation.

"No envelope and I have not denounced anything, was a person who improperly used my name," said the referee to Sportv, discarding it received an envelope with money.

Sao Paulo needs a tie with Goiás to ensure the title independently of the outcome of Grêmio, which in turn needs to win the Atletico-MG at home and still wring a defeat of Sao Paulo.

Madonna live in Coverage in Brasil -Hotsites

IG

http://musica.ig.com.br/tempo_real/

Terra

http://musica.terra.com.br/madonna/turne/stickysweet/

Uol

http://musica.uol.com.br/madonna/

O Globo (Rio de Janeiro)

http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/madonna/twitter.asp

Edited by axisvor

Guest heartmadonna.

i love madonna, but i would never camp out to wait for her concert. seems a lil bit like no lifes. its not like there gonna see her any sooner, in front of there friends house.

i love madonna, but i would never camp out to wait for her concert. seems a lil bit like no lifes. its not like there gonna see her any sooner, in front of there friends house.

I agree, but there´s a huge expectation about the concert in Brazil and people have been waiting for this for 15 years now, it´s a drem coming true to a lot of die-hard fans

its not staged! belive me her fans in Brazil are really insane and most of them are under the age of 20yo

this will without a doubt be her best crowd ever

its not staged! belive me her fans in Brazil are really insane and most of them are under the age of 20yo

this will without a doubt be her best crowd ever

right, it's a totally different crowd here...much more younger fans than US or europe

it's obviously not for the cameras...

Edited by axisvor

Well, they are not camping since last year...so I believe they have a life.

Going to every concert like that australian guy from Icon is another thing (he did the whole Europena leg and now is doing the Latin America leg).