LONDON - September 11 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

Dr Lecter

Madonna was amazing, including acustics and the whole setting.

I was dissappointed to see that boring Paul Oakenfold. IMO bring a proper supporting act or noone at all, I dont wanna hear some idiot DJing in a concert, I can listen to a DJ and dance in a club. I thought that Robyn was going to be the supporting act....

I also noticed the crowd was too quiet in the floor area (I understand those who are quiet in the seats), for fuck sake, that was a Madonna concert, I expected people jumping... Only a group of sexy brazilians were giving some atmpsphere and good vibes.

I remember in the Drowned World tour in barcelona I was located in the seats area, and everyone around me were standing and jumping.

Someone else on Tribe who was seated in one of the lower priced seats was also complaining about the awful sound in those areas. He got so fed up that he walked out during the show.

Thats the same guy who made a thread about it here - jonski43 :lol:

Guest Stefanos

Contrasting reviews for sure! Here's mine:

I did not enjoy the concert and the reason for that is both Madonna and the venue itself.

Wembley is appalling for music concerts (so much for the zillions spent on a new stadium). The sound/acoustics are pretty awful. I've been to open stadiums many times before but this one was the worst by far. Never again at Wembley – unless I turn to football.

And then Madonna. I don't want to share the newspapers' excitement because Madonna can still skip at 50. For me, Madonna is there to give amazing concerts like The Drowned World and Confessions – and the one last night did not come anywhere close. I found the concert 'thoughtless', lacking soul and felt as if it was put together in a rush. Some of the song versions were truly bad, especially Hung Up. The opening song (Candy Shop) did not have the wow factor of an opening number and Madonna sounded flat. The same goes for the closing Give It 2 Me which was a messy mix of the original that never got the crowd going. Don't get me started on Spanish Lesson – it's beyond me as to why she included one of her worst recordings ever.

She managed to excite the crowd three times: La Isla Bonita, Like a Prayer, and 4 Minutes. And these were the only highlights of the show.

All in all, Madonna's shows don't suit big venues because the audience cannot really see what's going on stage. Reduce the revenues and up the quality (which is never going to happen). The guy behind me said at some point 'this is shit' and I know where he was coming from. Somehow it felt as if Madonna was there because she had to not because she was truly enjoying herself – and that was obvious

Edited by Stefanos

I find it hilarious how some people project their opinions onto someone else. Just because YOU find a performance cold, lacking soul and didn't enjoy yourself DOES NOT MEAN Madonna feels the same way.

The same goes for the closing Give It 2 Me which was a messy mix of the original that never got the crowd going

She managed to excite the crowd three times: La Isla Bonita, Like a Prayer, and 4 Minutes. And these were the only highlights of the show.

For you.

In Rome people were crazy since Candy shop and Madonna felt this energy , probably her best performance for S&S to date. The crowd has an important rule on the show.

The same goes for the closing Give It 2 Me which was a messy mix of the original that never got the crowd going.

She managed to excite the crowd three times: La Isla Bonita, Like a Prayer, and 4 Minutes.

I don't have a problem with your opinion differing from mine, but these statements are flat out false. 'Give It 2 Me' has absolutely everyone singing and dancing along. Quite a few of my casual fan friends commented on how it brought the house down. And 'Vogue', 'Borderline', 'Hung Up' and 'Into The Groove' had everyone I could see and hear going mental. A few people also commented on how much she personally seemed to be enjoying herself.

Guest Stefanos
I don't have a problem with your opinion differing from mine, but these statements are flat out false. 'Give It 2 Me' has absolutely everyone singing and dancing along. Quite a few of my casual fan friends commented on how it brought the house down. And 'Vogue', 'Borderline', 'Hung Up' and 'Into The Groove' had everyone I could see and hear going mental. A few people also commented on how much she personally seemed to be enjoying herself.

Maybe different seats/sections offer different experiences. And mine was not good. I saw London crowds bringing the house down before and 'Hung Up' or 'Give It 2 Me' wasn't it.

Anyway, I'm glad I went because I had great time with my friends and I hope when I see her in Paris it'll be better. I keep the faith!

x

Edited by Stefanos

Well I was standing and as far as I could see and hear everyone around me was dancing and singing along. I'm quite sure plenty of people right at the back or sitting far up weren't doing anything, but that's the case in absolutely every large gig I've ever been to. Some people wouldn't move even if Madonna was dancing in their lap.

With the ongoing complaints about the sound in some sections I was wondering how the sound is transferred within the stadium? Is it only coming from the speakers next to the stage or are they using the internal audio system in addition as well? But obviously there is something wrong with Wembley in that case. If they use the internal system then this must be a substandard one. If not, it´s all about the architecture. Any ideas?

Only a group of sexy brazilians were giving some atmpsphere and good vibes.

Were you in the Golden Cirlcle? I was next to a group of sexy Brazilians, assuming that's who you mean? We had a great night. We were in the golden circle and every performance was a singalong but there was something especially joyous about Borderline and Into The Groove. And, despite the bitching, La Isla and Ray of Light were firm favourites. Here are some photos I took (pretty rubbish but the best I could get in a "stick your hands over your head, press the button and hope for the best" way. Feel free to tell me how to resize the photos so they don't take up the whole page.

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4114.jpg

IMG_4125.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4157.jpg

IMG_4161.jpg

I was at Wembley last night, and the only low of the show for me was the crowd. I am Spanish, I have been living in London for 4 years now and every single time I attend a concert I feel dissapointed because they always lack atmosphere.

We were in the Golden Circle dancing, singing and jumping like mad for the whole show, and people around were just standing still (and looking at us as if we were part of the show). Come on Brittish people, I really like you but you need to show that you have blood running through your veins!!!

I've said this in another thread, but the problem with the sound was because Paul Oakenfold's set blew out a whole bank of speakers. Madonna's technicians tried to fix them for ages (causing the show to start 40 minutes late), but they couldn't, so the show had to go on without the speakers functioning properly. The only other option was to cancel the show (i.e. she had no other option but to solider on!).

I was at Wembley last night, and the only low of the show for me was the crowd. I am Spanish, I have been living in London for 4 years now and every single time I attend a concert I feel dissapointed because they always lack atmosphere.

We were in the Golden Circle dancing, singing and jumping like mad for the whole show, and people around were just standing still (and looking at us as if we were part of the show). Come on Brittish people, I really like you but you need to show that you have blood running through your veins!!!

well no wonder about that

i attended the RIT in London and it was just the same. i was singing (screaming) all my heart out jumping like crazy shouting her name loud and everyone around was like WTF to me :|

i lost my voice at that show and didnt recover till 2 days after

the britsh are the worst really! thank god i will attend the SS tour in Bazil and here everyone is mental at concerts :D

A few complainers sent emails to perez and now he's making a big deal out of it...

http://perezhilton.com/2008-09-12-madonnas...ucified-by-fans

Its really annoying how that cunt says she mimed 98% of the show. :gross: Bitch please.

And that wonderful picture of her. People are bitching how gross it looks. Of course it does, there is a spotlight on the muscle highlighting the whole area which makes it look completely unreal. Or maybe it was even altered. Wouldn´t be the first time. Anyway, you can´t take anyone on Perez seriously. I suppose most of them are mentally challenged or 10-year olds. Otherwise I have no explanation why there is a comment about the Jonas brothers show in there.

Were you in the Golden Cirlcle? I was next to a group of sexy Brazilians, assuming that's who you mean? We had a great night. We were in the golden circle and every performance was a singalong but there was something especially joyous about Borderline and Into The Groove. And, despite the bitching, La Isla and Ray of Light were firm favourites.

I was outside the golden circle but very close to it, more towards the right side. It definetely lacked atmosphere, at least where I was located. I wish I could go to see the concert in Seville, Greece or Brazil... people werent jumping even when Madonna was singinf Ray of Light!!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics btw

:lmao:

So true, although to be fair, there were lot of foreigners who were very quiet to...

I was outside the golden circle but very close to it, more towards the right side. It definetely lacked atmosphere, at least where I was located. I wish I could go to see the concert in Seville, Greece or Brazil... people werent jumping even when Madonna was singinf Ray of Light!!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics btw

You're welcome. I was to the left of the catwalk in the golden circle and promise that I was jumping during Ray of Light! I was also having a gloriously tuneless singalong (I think I had a loony beatific smile on my face during Into The Groove's "know I know your mines" and Borderline :inlove: ). There was one very tall man in front of me though, hogging my view and standing still throughout, I was this far from giving him a big gay shove.

Wembley Stadium Ticket and Wristband

Here is a look at a gold circle ticket, and gold circle wristband for Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour date at London's Wembley Stadium last night.

Also below is a madonnalicious shot 'arty' picture showing the giant 'M' and the illuminated Wembley arch!

Please can fans keep submitting their tour reports and pictures to madonnalicious@gmail.com

stickyandsweet_london_ticket_news.jpg

stickyandsweet_london_wristband_news.jpg

stickyandsweet_london_arch_news.jpg

Guest boytoyville

Here is video which is of decent quality taken from the upper back tier of Wembley. You can really tell how far away the person is when they zoom out. It contains the whole into/candy shop & half of beat goes on. The sound on this video is really great actually so it just have been that one section or two on the side of the stadium where the sound was crappy.

Sticky & Sweet Tour: Wembley Speech

Here is a clip filmed by madonnalicious reader Alejandro of Madonna's speech and acapella Express Yourself during the show at London's Wembley Stadium on Thursday night.

Madonna said: 'I would like to thank God and all my friends because it didn't f*cking rain! And you can take that 1%(?) chance of rain and stick it up your arse!'

Many fans attempted to get Madonna to sing Gambler instead of Express Yourself. A4 pieces of paper with GAMBLER printed on them were handed round the gold circle and lots of fans held them high - Madonna even acknowledged them when she saw them by saying: 'You see I can't even remember the words to that one....I can't even remember the words to my new ones you may have noticed!'

Madonna good, Wembley not so good....

madonnalicious has received many fan reports from the Thursday night show at Wembley Stadium - and it seems a case of how much you enjoyed the show depended where you sat (or stood) - and how successful you were on getting onto public transport to get home.

We had glowing reviews from fans in the gold circle (madonnalicious was in the gold circle and the sound was fine there), but those seated on the sides or at the back had trouble hearing and/or seeing the full staging of the show. It seems that this problem has just been distinct to Wembley Stadium as other Sticky & Sweet Tour stadium shows had great reviews.

Here are a selection of fan reports - to read the full reviews and more visit the London Fan Reviews section:

From Adam:

The sound check ran late, so we didn't go in until almost six. They told us we would be let in twenty minutes before everyone else in the stadium, then wait at the gates before going onto the pitch.

For us, there was never a moment of confusion. Staff were so helpful, they even told us EXACTLY how long we had to wait inside and directed us to the bars and toilets for our 'last go' before we were let in.

It was just an amazing experience....until the train station closed but that is just poor planning by transport not having enough services.

We were right up the front for the first set then moved to the back of the gold circle where the view was even better! Being up the front was fun, but if you want to see the show go back about ten metres!

From Aidan:

I have been a Madonna fan for over 25 years and have gone to all her concerts. Last night I was seated to the right of the stage. There were no screens that were visible and you could not hear her. Everyone seated towards the back were walking out of the concert after the first three songs due to them not been able to see or hear her.

I would interested to know anyone else suffered a similar experience.

From Andy:

We were at Wembley last night in the Gold Circle....to see our all time favourite! Yes she was good, BUT the sound was terrible in places.

During Into The Groove you could not hear her for the heavy bass, and when ever she spoke it was very distorted. For some one of her stature you dont expect this but we had a good night.

From Flavio:

Basically I just came back from Wembley and couldn't wait to share with you guys how excited I (still) am.

Madonna was just 'superb'. She got confused with the words of Like A Prayer....can you believe it?

She also thank God that it didn't 'fucking' rain. I was at the pitch standing and I did fell some drops though.

It was a blast. She was unbelievable amazing.

From Lucius:

The Madonna concert in London last night was amazing. Highlights for me were the Britney video – even though I seemed to be the only one screaming – Borderline, which visibly made Madonna happy, and Heartbeat, which was stunning and had perfect sound. Furthermore, You Must Love Me proved that Madonna's voice gets more technical with age, the Like a Prayer mix was even better than the original, the Give It To Me routine is so innovative, and the art direction for Devil was breathtaking.

The show was beautiful. Madonna is a legend. So are her legs.

From Matt:

I went to the show last night and was incredibly disappointed. We had tickets in the upper level - I've been to the last four tours and have had closer seats so wasn't expecting it to be as great an experience of course - but it wasn't any experience at all - we were up top left as you faced the stage, and I am absolutely certain something was not right about the sound - we could barely hear Madonna half of the time - every time she spoke you could see everyone looking at each other to see if it was just them. Some songs were unrecognisable until the chorus - it sounded like we had our ears full of water.

From Tracy:

Fabulous as ever, I'll be honest I wasn't expecting too much as I'm not crazy about the Hard Candy CD but she blew me away yet again. The opening song was fabulous, great entrance, the whole thing was spectacular.

Loved the reworking of Vogue and Borderline. Like A Prayer was also fabulous. The only bit I didn't like was the end of the gypsy section. You Must Love Me was beautiful, felt very honest and personal.