US Chart Talk: 7/19/08

thebigham

Guest nothingfails0603
Kid rock, his music and fans are utter redneck, hillbilly, Wal-Mart shoppin white trash folk :) And there are LOTS of em in the USA= his strong and consistent record sales.

yea, I know and agree. Just find it funny that Urban Connects considers him an urban artist because he used to rap. Madonna is more of an urban artist at this point than Kid ever was, especially since "Sweet Home Alabama" is a song that glorifies racism (as it was an answer to a Neil Young song that spoke about how evil slavery was) and Kid's new song is nothing but a sample of it.

Guest Danny86
55 ROSS*RICK TRILLA 10,653 609,831

60 N.E.R.D. SEEING SOUNDS 13,258 116,953

That's messed up but I guess Madonna at #57 sold around 10k.

The success of a record has more to do with timing, promotion, and luck, than anything else.

True. All that + a good album= good sales (usually). and it's not that she didn't promote HC, she did. But it's obvious people are not buying it.

True. All that + a good album= good sales (usually). and it's not that she didn't promote HC, she did. But it's obvious people are not buying it.

Sorry but Madonna did jack shit to promote HC. Doing an interview for FUSE and going on BET is not going to cut it.

I should also add that 4 Minutes was the only think that kept this album in the top 10 for awhile. Once that died out the album dropped like a rock and the one song that everyone claimed to be the best on the album is bombing. And yes I know she doesnt have time to keep the album alive cause she is getting ready for a tour.

Guest SuperPop
Sorry but Madonna did jack shit to promote HC. Doing an interview for FUSE and going on BET is not going to cut it.

for COADF except from her appearance in Letterman & the Grammys (which was very late though) did she do any other promo in US?

for COADF except from her appearance in Letterman & the Grammys (which was very late though) did she do any other promo in US?

No and I am sure if it wasnt for the Christmas season Confessions would have sold half of what it did also. But at the same time if she continued to push the record instead of going on tour it might have also stayed alive longer, cause again after the initial first single the album was pretty much done in the US though the tour did hold it up a little bit. Thats not saying I would rather her promote instead of go on tour. I would rather have a tour, but the fact is, if she wants album sales in her home country it looks like she is going to have to work for it. If she doesnt, then so be it. The days of selling based on her name alone seem to be over.

Guest SuperPop
No and I am sure if it wasnt for the Christmas season Confessions would have sold half of what it did also. But at the same time if she continued to push the record instead of going on tour it might have also stayed alive longer, cause again after the initial first single the album was pretty much done in the US though the tour did hold it up a little bit. Thats not saying I would rather her promote instead of go on tour. I would rather have a tour, but the fact is, if she wants album sales in her home country it looks like she is going to have to work for it. If she doesnt, then so be it. The days of selling based on her name alone seem to be over.

or if she is not bothered to do live promo, at least Live Nation (because WB is now history for her) must find some good marketing tools to push the new album (like the Coldplay-Itunes ad which rocketed Viva La Vida to the top of Hot100 and made the album sold bucketloads...)

or if she is not bothered to do live promo, at least Live Nation (because WB is now history for her) must find some good marketing tools to push the new album (like the Coldplay-Itunes ad which rocketed Viva La Vida to the top of Hot100 and made the album sold bucketloads...)

And doesnt Madonna now get half of whatever profits come from the album with Live Nation? Maybe she will be more inclined to promote simply because of that.

Coldplay hired their own marketing team to promote VLV. Maybe M. should do the same for her next album :)