"The Confessions Tour" SoundScan/Billboard Discussion

thebigham

Guest jamesshot

It might squeak past 100k. More promotion and a video would have helped. IF this was 1984-2000. With radio not playing her, VH1 and MTV not playing videos its impossible to get broad exposure really. Plus, she isnt going to waste time promoting this.

This should show her not to promote her books( doesnt help) and stick to promoting her music only. It doesnt help much, but it helps.

Guest Beautiful Stranger

how is it being promoted in the states? anything at all?

No singles/videos obviously but there was a commerical or two airing on alot of the cable channels the week before and of its release. That's it.

our Best Buys stores around here are still selling this for 19.99

Kinda surprised about that. i wonder if they have forgotten about it? I'm going to tell you a secret was only on sale for 1 week at these stores, this one has stayed at 19 the whole time its been out.

Guest boytoyville

our Best Buys stores around here are still selling this for 19.99

Kinda surprised about that. i wonder if they have forgotten about it? I'm going to tell you a secret was only on sale for 1 week at these stores, this one has stayed at 19 the whole time its been out.

It was never on sale at best buy. That is just the price best buy has chosen to sell it for.

Guest nothingfails0603

It was never on sale at best buy. That is just the price best buy has chosen to sell it for.

yep, and it's probably a very smart move because CT has already outsold IGTTYAS in less than 2 months. I think IGTTYAS would move more copies if it wasn't near $30 everywhere. With the way CD sales are right now, a bonus DVD isn't going to help sell an album if it's nearly $30. Whereas with CT, for $20 people feel like it's a reasonable deal, which it is

Guest marcin

Top Music Video

TCT falls 9 to #18, 8 weeks.

Billboard Comprehensive Music Videos

TCT falls 9 to #18, 8 weeks.

do you have its chart run here? :) I'd also greatly appreciate the one for "IGTTYAS" if possible :inlove:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On the 40-position Top Music Videos chart, The Confessions Tour inches down 26-27 in its 13th week.

I'm Going to Tell You a Secret logged 10 weeks on this chart. Perhaps a more fitting comparison would be Drowned World Tour- that one spent 20 weeks on the chart. (the chart went throught a little bit of an overhaul at some point, as there were lots of CD/DVD combos that started to chart- then, Billboard set a minimum DVD running time in order for such titles to be eligible).