Where a girl loves a boy, and a boy loves a girl

[Pre-Chorus]
Last night I dreamt of San Pedro
It all seems like yesterday, not far away

[Chorus 2x]

[Outro]
Te dijo te amo
El dijo que te ama

The 5th single from the True Blue album marks the first time Madonna would pay tribute to her love of Latin culture in song. This song is just timeless - it could have been released just yesterday as it has a classic melody and sound. Madonna's warm and sultry delivery really sells it and takes you away to the beautiful island she references in the song. I know this was originally written with Michael Jackson in mind but I can't imagine anyone but her pulling this off. Madonna obviously loves this song as she has performed it in many of her live shows in various incarnations from gypsy to disco and with each one the incredible spirit and essence of the song shines through. I never tire of this song - it's just that good!

Favorite Lyric: A young girl with eyes like the desert

Favorite Musical Part: The instrumental break after the bridge

Favorite Vocal Part: The whole bridge

Favorite Tour Performance : The Drowned World Tour

Mooncrown, yet another of my all time favourite Madonna songs. The beautiful melody, the way she sings it with such sadness and longing and the whole melancholy but sweet feel throughout it. Another song that no-one can sing as well as Madonna does. Absolute classic.

I LOVED her look in the video! By this time, I was sick of the blonde hair, and I was so happy to see something new, and it was interesting, because the haircut was 3 years before the 90's undercut. I also loved it also morphed into a "long" hairstyle with the fruit basket bun, and the red polka dot dress was perfection. Does anyone remember when she did SNL 2 years before where she was "Marika" - that was like a pre-La Isla incarnation. I actually remember the first day I saw this video----on UHF! Even though I am not much into slower songs, I was mesmerized by her look. I hoped she was going to keep this one for a while, as she did the WTG video with this hair color, but then the WTG tour came around, and I was like oh no not that blonde hair again lol. I am really happy to actually see love for this song. It seems like some people are sick of it. I loved the Sticky and Sweet version best.

I like the instrumental of this song! and the single cover are very beautiful!!! wished I have this vinyl single but when this single out, I was very young and didn't have money to buy😓

I can't even find the words to describe this song. Just a bonafide classic and deserves the legendary status it has. My mom doesn't like Madonna at all but even she loves this one!

I can't even find the words to describe this song. Just a bonafide classic and deserves the legendary status it has. My mom doesn't like Madonna at all but even she loves this one!

One of my Mom's favorites as well!

oh, then there was the misheard lyric- young girl with eyes like potatoes lol

Add me to the list, easily one of my favorites by her. Was in a boys home when this came out. Got my ass kicked by one of the other boys there cuz I wouldn't stop playing it, lol.

I LOVED her look in the video! By this time, I was sick of the blonde hair, and I was so happy to see something new, and it was interesting, because the haircut was 3 years before the 90's undercut. I also loved it also morphed into a "long" hairstyle with the fruit basket bun, and the red polka dot dress was perfection. Does anyone remember when she did SNL 2 years before where she was "Marika" - that was like a pre-La Isla incarnation. I actually remember the first day I saw this video----on UHF! Even though I am not much into slower songs, I was mesmerized by her look. I hoped she was going to keep this one for a while, as she did the WTG video with this hair color, but then the WTG tour came around, and I was like oh no not that blonde hair again lol. I am really happy to actually see love for this song. It seems like some people are sick of it. I loved the Sticky and Sweet version best.

So funny, because I was JUST thinking about this earlier. When LAP came out in 1989, it was such a big deal that she had the long brown hair. I feel like people didn't really talk about the fact that she had brownish hair in the LIB video, but maybe it just got overshadowed by the whole WTG tour look and the white blonde hair.

Anyway, this song is a classic, never gets old to me. Interesting that some people like my brother group it with her ballads.

So funny, because I was JUST thinking about this earlier. When LAP came out in 1989, it was such a big deal that she had the long brown hair. I feel like people didn't really talk about the fact that she had brownish hair in the LIB video, but maybe it just got overshadowed by the whole WTG tour look and the white blonde hair.

Anyway, this song is a classic, never gets old to me. Interesting that some people like my brother group it with her ballads.

Her hair is always a topic that interested me. I loved that she kept changing it, but sometimes I thought certain looks went too fast, where other looks seemed to never go away, and I always usually wound up liking the "quick" looks. I think with Madonna's hair, sometimes, to me, it felt like people had amnesia. Like, I mentioned this before- when she did cut it in 1986, I thought- wait- she had short blonde hair for her first album- it's not THAT different lol. However, when I saw the preview for the Cherish video, and her "new look" I was like uuuuuuuuh no- that is so Papa Don't Preach/WTG era.....noooooooooooooooooooo! and I actually was disappointed. I loved the fun of the Cherish video, as long as I ignored her "new" (old!) hair. I thought can she at least dye it dark so it can be a true new look- or something different. When she performed EY at the VMAs, I didn't want to see the WTGT look performing it. I know some will say it is slightly different, but the WTGT look doesn't go with LAP lol. It was too similar for me. The same goes for her using a 1987 blonde hair picture for the Dear Jessie single. I always felt the long brown LAP hair was too quick.