Madonna on the cover of MOJO magazine!!!!!

le smoking

Guest Pud Whacker

there are moments you wait for and dream of all your life.

this is one of those moments.

until you know this...you dont know madonna.

yah i can see why kanye produced illuminati the way he did...but i cant imagine what he's done to WAOM. it shall be interesting to see.

Illuminati has a certain darkness that fits the song, but I don't see it fitting WAOM. I guess that was the risk in listening to the demo, I love it so much the way I've already been introduced to it. Anyway I hope the melody and beautiful chorus are intact in the final version.

Is it possible that the version that was released IS the house version (just less house-y than the demo that leaked) and there's a more EDM version? Because if I hadn't heard the demo, I would say LFL is pretty house-y.

And regarding Avicii, I doubt anything bad happened between him and M. It's more likely that when he got sick she started moving in a different direction musically and it's obvious his tracks wouldn't have fit with the new sound.

Good points

It's reportedly very balladish. I don't see it as being very beat heavy if that turns out to be true. Maybe they were talking about "Holy Water" and confused it with "Wash All Over Me"?

Hope you're right. Don't want WAOM messed around with too much!!

Well Like a prayer 7" version is different from Like a prayer album version and so is Express Yourself, the mixes are slightly different done by shep Pettibone for the single versions and by Bill Bottrell for the album versions. Keep in mind that the Itunes released tunes were mixed and mastered in a rush so the album versions may be slightly different too.

We still don't know if she's talking about the leaked demo. The version that was officially released could be a mixture of the two they were speaking about. Anyway, I love what she said about Ariel Pink.

I think we are jumping into conclusions without the facts here regarding M´s favorite LFL version. The released one sounds house enough... Maybe there is an EDM version we haven´t listened to.

Madonna for Billboard : "there are versions of 'Living For Love' that MNEK is singing on, and those will be coming out, but just not yet." This will probably be the second track on the single ;)

So it's Wednesday and I went to B&N. It's not out yet, they still got the U2 issue. The girl said that the U2 came out in December and it's labeled as January issue, so I'm guessing M's is the February issue. I'll check back Saturday. I just don't do the whole online ordering thing even though I would prefer the subscriber issue.

So it's Wednesday and I went to B&N. It's not out yet, they still got the U2 issue. The girl said that the U2 came out in December and it's labeled as January issue, so I'm guessing M's is the February issue. I'll check back Saturday. I just don't do the whole online ordering thing even though I would prefer the subscriber issue.

Ordering online is only half the battle. You then have to cope with mailmen who routinely destroy magazines prior to and especially when stuffing those precious 'zines into mailboxes.

This is to say nothing of the weather element involved.

LIFE IS SO HARD.

Ordering online is only half the battle. You then have to cope with mailmen who routinely destroy magazines prior to and especially when stuffing those precious 'zines into mailboxes.

This is to say nothing of the weather element involved.

LIFE IS SO HARD.

:laugh: Yeah that's exactly why online Madonna shopping has never appealed to me. At the store I can gingerly lay it flat in my car, take it home, read tenderly then put away in crate forever.

Wow..the subscriber versions are selling for £50-£60 on eBay. :ohmy:

Glad, I ordered mine...now where is that postman?

Like I said I KNEW right outta the gate this was gonna be a collector's item. It just STANDS OUT w/ that picture. It was said earlier that the pic is Madonna's whole career in one picture and I agree. Plus it looks to have a great layout. I just see this thing being worth more than her typical magazines, which tend to rise in value as it is. The collector value is just a bonus though. I really and truly just want it and will never sell it.

PS.. I will give you $20 for your subscriber issue lol seriously (It never hurts to ask)

Like I said I KNEW right outta the gate this was gonna be a collector's item. It just STANDS OUT w/ that picture. It was said earlier that the pic is Madonna's whole career in one picture and I agree. Plus it looks to have a great layout. I just see this thing being worth more than her typical magazines, which tend to rise in value as it is. The collector value is just a bonus though. I really and truly just want it and will never sell it.

PS.. I will give you $20 for your subscriber issue lol seriously (It never hurts to ask)

I'm totally with you there, Sloane :thumbsup: I have never really collected M magazines. The last one was The Face in 1990!

But when I saw this, I immediately loved it. You're right, that image is so iconically Madonna..and I love "Mama's ketchup" that she styled it with.

:laugh: haha, I should have got 2!

MOJO-256-Madonna-cover-subs.jpg?2cf8b9:inlove:

Madonna is actually in the March issue. At the newsstand near my house they have the February issue with David Bowie on the cover but it's been out since the beginning of January.

Oh! Okay. Thanks for telling me. It might be awhile b4 they get it now if they still have the U2 one. Shit I might have to take this one online now.

@GangBang: $25? lol

For some reason, Barnes and Noble is so slow in getting foreign magazines. The newsstand near my house gets foreign mags really quickly. It's sort of their speciality since there are near lots of embassies here in DC where you have lots of people who are looking for mags from their countries. They told me they will probably be getting it in next week.

from MadonnaUnderground:

No more printings of the Subscriber art issue of MOJO magazine with Madonna on cover
January 28, 2015 at 4:11 pm

Unfortunately all of the extra special subscriber art editions of MOJO magazine with Madonna on the cover have officially all sold out. There will not be another printing. This was a definite limited edition, so much that none are even present in the MOJO office icon_wink.gif