2015 tour discussion: in anticipation of the Queen's return to the stage.

Apples388

So U2 were originally meant to release their new album in the summer, with tentative plans of touring later this year. But it is now almost 'confirmed' that U2's new album and tour won't be happening this year (Link: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5930147/no-u2-album-tour-until-2015-ryan-tedder-paul-epworth )

I'm just thinking out loud here, but I think given that Madonna and U2 are LiveNation's biggest acts, and now they share management with Guy Oseary, I think that LiveNation HQ is going to be planning the Madonna and U2 tours very carefully and strategically, not only because they'll be looking into booking similar venues but also for maximum profit.

This leads me to believe that they will kick off their respective tours on the other side of the world to each other to avoid overlapping. What do you think? I hope and pray that my dream of Madonna kicking off the tour in January/February 2015 in Australasia would happen but you never know.

I always look forward to her tours but as I have previously said if she is going to play outdoor stadiums on the next tour she really needs to invest in a decent sound system. The sound at S&S and MDNA were INADEQUATE to say the least. With the technology available today and for the prices she charges there really is no excuse.

I don't know why this has become such a problem for someone like her. She always invested in good sound systems for WTG, BA and TGS. I have seen Depeche Mode, Coldplay and The Killers in outdoor venues and the sound system has been perfect.

She needs to stick to arenas in the UK this time round as her stock is low here at the moment. She'd be better off doing 3 or 4 shows at the 02 and a show in Glasgow and Manchester if the demand is there. Much better to have sold out arena shows than media coverage about her struggling to sell out stadiums. Oh and they need to keep the prices reasonable. Yes we don't mind paying top dollar to sit or stand on the floor but charging £125 for top tier restricted view seat its taking the piss.

Agree totally with markm but as we've discussed before it's all about maximizing profits in the least amount of time with this current deal she has. So hire a stadium for a night and stick as many as you can in there.They seem to think that the UK has a culture of stadium gigs which it really doesn't outwith a few artists. Most acts play arenas and that's the way it should be, especially for a show like Madonna's that relies a lot on the visuals. When she finally goes down the greatest hits route then stadiums might just be acceptable. We'll see if they learned their lesson from the MDNA gigs. Hopefully arenas in London, Glasgow, Manchester and maybe Birmingham again.

I read on here that Madge is still contracted for two albums and two tours in the next four years. So surely 2015 it will be despite whatever U friggen 2 get up to.

Wheres Truth Or Dare Maonna?

The level up here is not that loud...

and there's no reason for all this feedback.

If we can't get it to sound better than this, then I'm not doing a show.

Some someone who knows about sound better come up here and explain it.

- I'm waiting. -.

Why can Donna and Niki not hear themselves?

Where's John Draper?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Agree totally with markm but as we've discussed before it's all about maximizing profits in the least amount of time with this current deal she has. So hire a stadium for a night and stick as many as you can in there.They seem to think that the UK has a culture of stadium gigs which it really doesn't outwith a few artists. Most acts play arenas and that's the way it should be, especially for a show like Madonna's that relies a lot on the visuals. When she finally goes down the greatest hits route then stadiums might just be acceptable. We'll see if they learned their lesson from the MDNA gigs. Hopefully arenas in London, Glasgow, Manchester and maybe Birmingham again.

I read on here that Madge is still contracted for two albums and two tours in the next four years. So surely 2015 it will be despite whatever U friggen 2 get up to.

Kim darling I agree with everything you say but surely they have begun to realise that trying to maximise profits while affecting

the overall attendance is becoming self defeating. It's clearly time they started to focus on the quality rather than the quantity.

Folks, we know MDNA tour was a success but numbers were down on S&S. The general public ain't keen on standing in a field with shitty toilets , lukewarm beer and a sound system that sounds like a car radio from the 70's

They need to up their game significantly this time around. Beyonce has managed 2 legs playing arenas by creating

a buzz and getting great reviews. The sound at her show was outstanding. I know some people didn't like Stuart Price as

her musical director but the sound system on RIT and CT was superb. Crystal clear even at the back of the arena.

I agree. I think the issue with the sound needs to be made known to her though. We can always tweet it to Guy Oseary or Arthur Fogel.

I emailed Arthur Fogel after the S&S fiasco at Wembley. I didn't get a reply.

I agree mark but wasn't there certain disastrous S&S dates all across Europe due to shit venues etc and they still ended up doing the same old places and using the same shitty sound system for MDNA. Bad sound seems to be something endemic to Madonna by the way. Her sound quality was the absolute worst of all the acts at Live8 apparently.

I had it confirmed at a Fleetwood Mac concert in Glasgow that whole blocks of Edinburgh MDNA attendees got their money back AND free Fleetwood Mac tix the sound was that bad. Almost unheard of for Live Nation! So yeah, always complain.

I hope they will have learnt their lesson from the MDNA Tour. I am sure they are acutely aware that she struggled in the UK and the next tour will have to address that. The major caveat being, of course, that she tends to make shedloads of £££ here because of our currency and prices.

But it will depend on the rest of her itinerary - whether it will be one exhaustive leg like MDNA, or a 2-leg one like Sticky or whether she'll go to Australasia where she is guaranteed to make loads of money as the market is starved for her there. In which case she should really just do a smattering of dates in Europe; and unfortunately that means we'll probably get the obligatory stadium gig in London and 'something else' on top of it. With shitty sound.

They probably don't know about the awful sound because most hardcore fans tend to pay through the nose to get the best tickets or get in through the Golden Circle / Triangle / Clitoris and the rest of the general public is mostly there as their one-off Madonna experience. Most of whom leave it with a sour taste in the mouth and never return. Most of my friends and co-workers who have been to see her live in the past few years either went to Sticky Wembley or MDNA Hyde Park and they all complained about the awful sound to me and said they had an awful time and wouldn't see her live again unless she played an arena.

I do wonder if she'll demand a less exhaustive itinerary this time around. Lets face it, poor cow was about ready to drop towards the end of MDNA and all that snapping at fans, cutting songs/sections etc due to crap weather, sickness and overwork needs to stop as it's so NOT Madonna to do all that ish.

Oh and let's face it, IF Madge plays Oz on the upcoming tour you just know those poor fans are gonna freak when there's NO LAP, EY, Vogue, OYH, PDP etc etc. I can't see her dragging those same songs out and The GH tour is still a few years away I think :bad:

Oh and let's face it, IF Madge plays Oz on the upcoming tour you just know those poor fans are gonna freak when there's NO LAP, EY, Vogue, OYH, PDP etc etc. I can't see her dragging those same songs out and The GH tour is still a few years away I think :bad:

Well there'll certainly be no "Vogue" or "Like a Prayer" as she's probably sick of doing them on both MDNA and Sticky.

They may get a verse of "Holiday" though. :lmao:

I hope they will have learnt their lesson from the MDNA Tour. I am sure they are acutely aware that she struggled in the UK and the next tour will have to address that. The major caveat being, of course, that she tends to make shedloads of £££ here because of our currency and prices.

But it will depend on the rest of her itinerary - whether it will be one exhaustive leg like MDNA, or a 2-leg one like Sticky or whether she'll go to Australasia where she is guaranteed to make loads of money as the market is starved for her there. In which case she should really just do a smattering of dates in Europe; and unfortunately that means we'll probably get the obligatory stadium gig in London and 'something else' on top of it. With shitty sound.

They probably don't know about the awful sound because most hardcore fans tend to pay through the nose to get the best tickets or get in through the Golden Circle / Triangle / Clitoris and the rest of the general public is mostly there as their one-off Madonna experience. Most of whom leave it with a sour taste in the mouth and never return. Most of my friends and co-workers who have been to see her live in the past few years either went to Sticky Wembley or MDNA Hyde Park and they all complained about the awful sound to me and said they had an awful time and wouldn't see her live again unless she played an arena.

I think she had her chance to rake in a lot of cash in Australia when she skipped over them on CT and S&S. There was such

a backlash there when she didn't go that her stock is now really low there as well. Unless her next single and album is a huge hit there

a'la Confessions she'd be wise to skip stadiums and stick to arenas because at moment I really don't think the demand is

there for her to fill stadiums.

Most of the casual fans that I know that went to S&S Wembley and MDNA Hyde Park have said that they wouldn't waste

their money on her again because the sound was so bad. She really has done a lot of damage with her caual fanbase.

There are only so any of her hardcore fans that will continually shell out top dollar to see her.

She needs a PR make over in the UK with the next album. Some tv promo, free giveaways and a free mini concert to try

and win back some of the general public.

I do wonder if she'll demand a less exhaustive itinerary this time around. Lets face it, poor cow was about ready to drop towards the end of MDNA and all that snapping at fans, cutting songs/sections etc due to crap weather, sickness and overwork needs to stop as it's so NOT Madonna to do all that ish.

I think she bit off a bit more than she could chew with MDNA and the strain was very visible. It is no wonder that they cancelled the 2013 leg. However, I think that could have been avoidable with a bit of foresight and better planning.

But you're right, I wouldn't be surprised if she plays less shows this time around but to maximise profit they'll put her in stadiums and airport fields and hike up the prices. Yay. :bad:

They should think themselves lucky they didn't have to hear crowtastic versions of Dress You Up and Borderline

I think she had her chance to rake in a lot of cash in Australia when she skipped over them on CT and S&S. There was such

a backlash there when she didn't go that her stock is now really low there as well. Unless her next single and album is a huge hit there

a'la Confessions she'd be wise to skip stadiums and stick to arenas because at moment I really don't think the demand is

there for her to fill stadiums.

Most of the casual fans that I know that went to S&S Wembley and MDNA Hyde Park have said that they wouldn't waste

their money on her again because the sound was so bad. She really has done a lot of damage with her caual fanbase.

There are only so any of her hardcore base that will continually shell out top dollar to her.

She needs a PR make over in the UK with the next album. Some tv promo, free giveaways and a free mini concert to try

and win back some of the general public.

Oh I don' know about Australia. They all bitch and moan about her because she's snubbed them for so long (20 years now!) - but I know that the minute she announces Oz dates they'll sell out in record time. Then again, whilst she was busy catering to South America and over-saturating Europe, Oz has already moved on to, er, "better" things like P!nk and Katy Perry so maybe she was right to snub them all along.

It's odd with the UK though. We (the very few UK posters left here in this forum) keep saying this - that her stock is low etc. but we get chastised for it by other fans. But unfortunately it is true, and we know it because we live here. It's quite sad because traditionally the UK has been her strongest market. I do think, however, that the tide is slowly turning to her favour again. The little fact that happened last week with Rihanna overtaking her as the biggest selling female singles artist in the UK has not made any headlines and even the tabloids are not giving Madonna such a hard time at the moment. A great first single and, as you said, a little bit of promotion would do wonders. I am much more hopeful about the former though and not the latter. I can't see her doing the whole TV show performance thing anymore.

Oh I don' know about Australia. They all bitch and moan about her because she's snubbed them for so long (20 years now!) - but I know that the minute she announces Oz dates they'll sell out in record time. Then again, whilst she was busy catering to South America and over-saturating Europe, Oz has already moved on to, er, "better" things like P!nk and Katy Perry so maybe she was right to snub them all along.

It's odd with the UK though. We (the very few UK posters left here in this forum) keep saying this - that her stock is low etc. but we get chastised for it by other fans. But unfortunately it is true, and we know it because we live here. It's quite sad because traditionally the UK has been her strongest market. I do think, however, that the tide is slowly turning to her favour again. The little fact that happened last week with Rihanna overtaking her as the biggest selling female singles artist in the UK has not made any headlines and even the tabloids are not giving Madonna such a hard time at the moment. A great first single and, as you said, a little bit of promotion would do wonders. I am much more hopeful about the former though and not the latter. I can't see her doing the whole TV show performance thing anymore.

The UK was in love with Madonna for almost 25 years but the the press turned on her over the adoption and divorce.

Then she had some bad headlines over her shows and her singles flopping.

She could easily turn it around though.

Of course she can. Take away crappy blog posts, tabloids and bitter ageist old hacks, and among the general public she still has LEGEND status in the UK no matter what. Despite if people are buying the latest single/album or not. As she gets older and starts to embrace her legacy more, that status is sure to continue to increase. Of course a killer single and crowd pleasing show or two will help that process along but once again, with the new era we'll see if some lessons have been learned.

Maybe the Rebel Heart Tour 2015 will have a "Golden Heart" instead of a circle or triangle. :wow:

Although she may be accused of ripping off U2 who had a heart-shaped stage type thing in one of their tours I think..

I think for her to return to Australia, it won't be until she's ready to do a hits tour - we've missed so much and let's face it, as great as the MDNA show was, there was only 6 songs that were hits in Australia so the critics and casual fans would have slammed her. 20 years is a long time and songs like Like A Prayer were never performed in Australia - and since then we've had massive albums like Music, Ray Of Light and COADF - MDNA was in the charts for 4 short weeks and M's last hit single here was 4 Minutes - cancelling so many plans, the promises, the tweets from Guy, the two apologies have really damaged her brand down here so anything but a hits tour sadly will not be well received after two decades - to put it in perspective, if you are under 33 in Australia it's unlikely you have seen Madonna in concert. So my plan is London regardless and if Australia is not in the plans or cancelled again, I'll do Japan as well. My gut feeling is Guy knows her brand is damaged here and I really think they will hold off until a hits tour. Also note Guy doesn't tweet much these days and I really think he was burnt by his "It will happen" tweet to an Aussie fan in 2011. Still what will be will be

I'll also add Australia is all about concerts which is why the likes of Pink and Katy Perry are so popular here. Madonna remains the only major artist to snub us for so long and no other artist has snubbed us so many times - for those who don't know, the DWT was to open in Australia for example.

I think for her to return to Australia, it won't be until she's ready to do a hits tour - we've missed so much and let's face it, as great as the MDNA show was, there was only 6 songs that were hits in Australia so the critics and casual fans would have slammed her. 20 years is a long time and songs like Like A Prayer were never performed in Australia - and since then we've had massive albums like Music, Ray Of Light and COADF - MDNA was in the charts for 4 short weeks and M's last hit single here was 4 Minutes - cancelling so many plans, the promises, the tweets from Guy, the two apologies have really damaged her brand down here so anything but a hits tour sadly will not be well received after two decades - to put it in perspective, if you are under 33 in Australia it's unlikely you have seen Madonna in concert. So my plan is London regardless and if Australia is not in the plans or cancelled again, I'll do Japan as well. My gut feeling is Guy knows her brand is damaged here and I really think they will hold off until a hits tour. Also note Guy doesn't tweet much these days and I really think he was burnt by his "It will happen" tweet to an Aussie fan in 2011. Still what will be will be

:(