Like A Prayer 25th Anniversary

scrapple

To whet our collective appetites, here's an 8 minute reel featuring some great stuff including behind the scenes footage and teaser adverts:

And here is an example of your typical entertainment news 'hype' piece at the peak of the controversy:

To whet our collective appetites, here's an 8 minute reel featuring some great stuff including behind the scenes footage and teaser adverts:

And here is an example of your typical entertainment news 'hype' piece at the peak of the controversy:

Love this

It's funny how they made premiering a new song in a commercial such a big deal. It was innovative back then, now it's just a typical and common thing to do.

it was a big deal even because it was at the top of the madonna-mania.....what great times....everything she was doing was treated like something of epic proportion....and there was so much anticipation for that first single even because it was considered her come back after a long absence (marrying, the theatre experience and all...).

So obviously warner and madonna are not gonna do anything for like a prayer 25. but i'm absolutely sure that madonna.com will do something. at least put up the video or live rendition on the home page.

Yep, think so too. What do the bookies say? :D

I'm willing to bet only Madonna.com recognizes it. And maybe her Facebook. I'd love it if Rocco did a lip synch tribute with burning crosses and his dancer friends as choir .

Madonna NEVER does anything to hype her past works and their milestones.

Like John Norris on MTV said, she's the least nostalgic artist he's ever met.

Even on her tours, she only does about 6 classic songs, but she changes the structure of those songs around so much that they almost feel "new".

The irony of this is that most people in America think that she's living off her "80sglorydays" and they think that the reason her tours are so successful is because she "sings all her hits from the 80s".

When the COMPLETE opposite is true.

And sure if all else fails don't forget you'll all have my over-hyped little video to keep you amused on Sunday night. ;) ;) ;)

It's funny how I'm still so sentimental about this song and it's premeire. My 13yo self couldn't have predicted anything close to what this song represents not only in Madonna's career, but my life as well, all these years later. Thanks for the amazing trailer! It made me a little misty eyed. ;'-)

I'm willing to bet only Madonna.com recognizes it. And maybe her Facebook. I'd love it if Rocco did a lip synch tribute with burning crosses and his dancer friends as choir .

Plenty of space for that in the fields of the Hamptons horse farm :chuckle:

It's funny how I'm still so sentimental about this song and it's premeire. My 13yo self couldn't have predicted anything close to what this song represents not only in Madonna's career, but my life as well, all these years later. Thanks for the amazing trailer! It made me a little misty eyed. ;'-)

:kiss2: