Flashback: Madonna An American Life Dateline Interview

Skin

Love this interview because I love when Madonna sticks up for herself, but I always thought the way the media began treating her during this period was weird. Its like just because she had a massive bomb with Swept Away everyone had their knifes out ready to call her a has been on her last legs. Like during this interview when Matt says Madonna is at a critical point in her career coming off declining record sales.....

What is that based on? Because Ray of Light was a MASSIVE MEGA HIT, and MUSIC was only a MEGA hit? Not to mention Her last song before American Life, Die Another Day was also a huge hit, so to me it was just weird the way they were painting her record sales as being in this huge decline for this interview and in other articles mentioned here. Its like the press decided for no reason at all, okay. Lets write Madonna off again.

Of course American Life did go on to bomb, but its funny that Confessions which followed spawned the biggest hit of her career along with one of her most popular albums.

Anyway.....

Still hard to believe this was 10 years ago. And 10 years later Madonna is the highest paid artist of 2012. On her way to being a has been indeed.

......and 10 years before this she had OFFICIALLY arrived in "has been-ville" with the whole Erotica/Sex/BOE debacle.

Can't believe this was ten years ago. It seems like a totally different person compared to 2013 Madonna. This is "soccer Momdonna" at her peak!

it was all against madonna publicity couse she picked wrong theme. it perfectly shows howthose things work. bush and pro war administracy is to big to fight against it. they cant let you go with that. she is biggest usa female brand in music. maybe she moved to uk couse of guy...but not only for that reason.

realising coadf and public suport of it is just another message in indirect way. dance - do not talk. i hope she becomes political again couse she is to smart and wise to be quiet.