*OFFICIAL* "Celebration" CD and DVD Tracklisings

HolidayGuy

Guest Danny86

Actually it's possible AL is not counted in her videography at all, since Madonna herself pulled it and the flag version was only done to make sure tv has something to represent a lead off single of a high profile artist. It's probably considered now like the original "Holiday" video and yeah, there's a bigger possibility it appears as a bonus feature of RIT DVD (the version used on screens, not the version that was shown on tv for a day). Of course it might be just Warner thinking it's not decent to resurrect the debate about it for a release called "Celebration". But somehow I can't imagine that Madonna fought for it and didn't have her way, she probably wants it to be forgotten at this point.

Wonder why no "You Must Love Me" on DVD either though...

Guest Danny86

Anna was always right.DANNY pleae tell me...what's wrong? :lol:

Sorry, but I never actually read Anna talking about AL video. :( It might have happened when I didn't have access to Fanzine, but you can't read back quotes as every thread is gone after seven days...

But remember the Warner press sheet of IMGTTYAS included AL and that was a bigger confirmation than Anna, and in the end it didn't happen, so...

Actually it's possible AL is not counted in her videography at all, since Madonna herself pulled it and the flag version was only done to make sure tv has something to represent a lead off single of a high profile artist. It's probably considered now like the original "Holiday" video and yeah, there's a bigger possibility it appears as a bonus feature of RIT DVD (the version used on screens, not the version that was shown on tv for a day). Of course it might be just Warner thinking it's not decent to resurrect the debate about it for a release called "Celebration". But somehow I can't imagine that Madonna fought for it and didn't have her way, she probably wants it to be forgotten at this point.

Wonder why no "You Must Love Me" on DVD either though...

Maybe because it's already on the Evita dvd (region 2), like This Used To Be My Playground.

As for Dress You Up, it's from the Virgin Tour so not big deal.

Guest Danny86
Maybe because it's already on the Evita dvd (region 2), like This Used To Be My Playground.

Yeah, but American Pie is on TNBT DVD and is still here. I'm sure some licensing issues with TUTBMP at least? Or the Boy George beef? :rotfl:

Yeah, but American Pie is on TNBT DVD and is still here. I'm sure some licensing issues with TUTBMP at least? Or the Boy George beef? :rotfl:

Yes, American Pie is on the TNBT dvd (US version) but it's a "normal" video with no film footage, that's why is there along with BS and DAD.

Guest Danny86

Yes, American Pie is on the TNBT dvd (US version) but it's a "normal" video with no film footage, that's why is there along with BS and DAD.

True, I always forget that her last 3 soundtrack videos did not have movie footage in them.

So great to see they got CFY, LTT, WTG and IR, did not expect that at all! :thumbsup:

"Oh Father" was left out for the same reason "Rescue Me" was not used on the CD, so fans don't have to throw out their TIC CD/DVD. :chuckle:

True, I always forget that her last 3 soundtrack videos did not have movie footage in them.

So great to see they got CFY, LTT, WTG and IR, did not expect that at all! :thumbsup:

"Oh Father" was left out for the same reason "Rescue Me" was not used on the CD, so fans don't have to throw out their TIC CD/DVD. :chuckle:

:lol:

As I said, I'm 100% happy with the dvd, the only miss is American Life but we'll see.I'm sure Anna will say something about it soon.

Guest bluejean

Wow, there are very few exclusions and most of what is excluded is available on the other DVD's.

I'm very surprised American Life isn't on there though. Very surprised most of the soundtrack videos are included.

Guest dicktracy

Love Profusion video could have been ok if she had worn something more flattering

that flower dress, uggh

and is it a single disc or double disc for the DVD?

the typeo on the top that says 27 is scaring me.

it better be 47, they could have just gone with 50!

everybody, american life and either bad girl, nothing really matters, this used to be my playground

hope we get bonus tracks

maybe a hidden easter egg with the AL video

i wish!

It says 27 videos never released before in a video collection:

1. Burning Up

2. Crazy For You

3. Into The Groove

4. Live To Tell

5. True Blue

6. Who's That Girl

7. Justify My Love

8. Erotica

9. Deeper And Deeper

10. I'll Remember

11. I Want You (Yay!!!)

12. You'll See

13. American Pie

14. Music

15. Don't Tell Me

16. What It Feels Like For A Girl

17. Die Another Day

18. Hollywood

19. Love Profusion

20. Hung Up

21. Sorry

22. Get Together

23. Jump

24. 4 Minutes

25. Give It 2 Me

26. Miles Away

27. Celebration

The DVD is cool!!! :clap: Although I miss the brilliant Bad Girl and Nothing Really Matters videos and the original American Life video. :(

the GH sucks though... I was hoping the rumored list was fake but it wasn't... Miles Away and Hollywood!? JOKE! The Power of Good-Bye and Deeper and Deeper should have been instead

Let's get one thing straight...Crack is whack..I mean who cares what's been previously

available..everything on this compiltaion has been previously available..duh..so 4 a video artist

like Madonna..this DVD is half arsed..I don't need playground..but Oh Father on TIC is shit quality so it

should b there..as should AL, Paradise, Bedtime Story 2.0 & NRM..GHEISA GALORE bitches :americanlife:

& SERIOUSLY WHO THE FUCK ORDERED CFY??? u can barely c through the smokey air in that video..like

they 4got 2 remove the lense cap.. :fag:

BUT I AM SO EXITED ABOUT TRUE BLUE :D I SWEAR I LOVE THAT VIDEO :chuckle:

GETS ME SO EXITED

ACT BAD DON4T HURT ME LOOK SEXY TALK DIRTY

khia.jpg

but bad girl is already on dvd, so from a fan point of view i'm happy about it.

the only two videos that are not there or in any other dvd are everybody and american life. i'm ok with everybody becayse it's s bore anyway.

So, the "missing" videos are

EVERYBODY

OH FATHER (The Immaculate Collection Dvd)

THIS USED TO BE MY PLAYGROUND (A Legue Of Their Own Dvd)

BAD GIRL (The Video Collection 93-99 Dvd)

FEVER(The Video Collection 93-99 Dvd)

LOVE DON'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE(The Video Collection 93-99 Dvd)

YOU MUST LOVE ME (Evita Dvd)

DROWNED WORLD (The Video Collection 93-99 Dvd)

NOTHING REALLY MATTERS (The Video Collection 93-99 Dvd)

AMERICAN LIFE

"Dear Jessie" has been forgotten... :(

Guest ursaminorjim

Wow. The DVD is pretty damned mammoth. It is a little odd that it's thisclose to being a complete collection, though. Maybe there's some easter eggs?

As for the CD tracklistings - again, there was no way that she was gonna be able to hit all the marks out of a 25-year career. But the replay button is definitely gonna see more action than the skip button (there's only two tracks on there that I simply will not listen to). And the flow of the tracks is pretty good - I'm so glad they actually put some effort into this instead of chucking out another (yawn) chronlogical cavalcade. Seeing how well some of these songs of different eras sit next to each other...well, it's a first step in recognizing the power of her musical legacy. I hope that in the future, they bear that in mind. We don't need a tragic repeat of the first three albums remasters fiasco.

Of course, if they're all special dance mixes done in Q-sound, I'm fucking DONE. :lmao:

So-so CD listing but I'm loving the sound of the DVD collection. Perfect list!

Plus: 'The “Celebration Video Collection DVD” will include unedited and never before seen footage of “Justify My Love”' :dramatic::dramatic::dramatic:

So-so CD listing but I'm loving the sound of the DVD collection. Perfect list!

Plus: 'The “Celebration Video Collection DVD” will include unedited and never before seen footage of “Justify My Love”' :dramatic::dramatic::dramatic:

Really?

Surprised she missed out NRM cos she seems to like that vid but perhaps not the song given that she's never performed it live.

Astounded she's included American Pie :chuckle:

Apart from the TAB footage, You'll See is mediocre as it I'll Remember - she also looks similar to the Rain video so I'm surprised they went with these over Playground which is beautiful - perhaps they couldn't get clearance on the film clips, and Oh Father which is superb.

That said, I'll forgive all of the above for the inclusion of I Want You :inlove: never in a million years did I think that would be included.

This is far more DEFINITIVE that I would have dreamed and I'll definitely be buying the DVD.

Nevertheless, Miles Away is :manson: on the CD and :megamanson: on the DVD.

Poor "Dear Jessie." But, looking at the big picture, these are the only videos missing (not counting montage clips like "Angel," "The Look of Love" and "One More Chance," or ones like "Like a Virgin" and "Holiday" from Truth or Dare)

1. Everybody

2. Gambler (essentially the same as CFY video, just more bopping around)

3. Dress You Up (Virgin Tour performance)

4. Oh Father (On The Immaculate Collection home video)

5. Dear Jessie

6. This Used to Be My Playground (released on the special edition of A League of Their Onw, in USA and internationally)

7. Bad Girl (On The Video Collection home video)

8. Fever (on The Video collection home video)

9. Love Don't Live Here Anymore

10. You Must Love Me

11. Don't Cry For Me Argentina (straight from Evita)

12. Drowned World/Substitute For Love (on The Video Collection home video)

13. Nothing Really Matters (on The Video collection home video)

14. American Life (director's cut never released; flags video her most non-essential clip)

Did I miss any?

So, not bad at all- this tracklisting is pretty sweet.

DADay was on the film DVD, so that one had been on *a* DVD before. But, nice to have it on this DVD, too.

Poor "Dear Jessie." But, looking at the big picture, these are the only videos missing (not counting montage clips like "Angel," "The Look of Love" and "One More Chance," or ones like "Like a Virgin" and "Holiday" from Truth or Dare)

1. Everybody

2. Gambler (essentially the same as CFY video, just more bopping around)

3. Dress You Up (Virgin Tour performance)

4. Oh Father (On The Immaculate Collection home video)

5. This Used to Be My Playground (released on the special edition of A League of Their Onw, in USA and internationally)

6. Bad Girl (On The Video Collection home video)

7. Fever (on The Video collection home video)

8. Love Don't Live Here Anymore

9. You Must Love Me

10. Don't Cry For Me Argentina (straight from Evita)

11. Drowned World/Substitute For Love (on The Video Collection home video)

12. Nothing Really Matters (on The Video collection home video)

13. American Life (director's cut never released; flags video her most non-essential clip)

Did I miss any?

So, not bad at all- this tracklisting is pretty sweet.

DADay was on the film DVD, so that one had been on *a* DVD before. But, nice to have it on this DVD, too.

How dare you forgot "Another Suitcase In Another Hall" & "Beunos Aires"? :americanlife:

I have to say, as a career spanning GH this truly sucks!

Miles Away & Hollywood on the CD?

And where's the brilliant videos for Bad Girl & Nothing Really Matters on the DVD? And they include floptastic videos such as Miles Away and Jump instead!??!

JOKE project

bring on the LN era... can't wait for this to be over finally

Guest Danny86

I don't understand why they give "Miles Away" this special treatment? It's a flop song and they even include it on the DVD aswell? I mean wtf!?!?

Obviously she loves it (oh wait, supposedly Warner forced the single, since she always wanted BGO, right? :chuckle: ) and I don't know why all of a sudden everyone forgot that it was an instant fan favourite when HC came out. On tour it's also a "for the fans" moment, so why can't we accept that and move on?

HG, if you count DYU then you should count "Hanky Panky" as well, no?

QB, certain Evita DVDs have the actual promo video she filmed for "You Must Love Me".

"Beautiful Stranger" is going to appear on the Brett Ratner DVD as well:

ratnerdvd1.jpg

ratnerdvd2.jpg