SERIOUS DISCUSSION regarding the forthcoming Madonna compilation release.

Mattress

I suspect whatever the set list is going to be, it will include more than one new song. I'm sure the goal is to put out a definitive Greatest Hits that will appeal to the masses, which most likely include all the songs fans already had on her previous compilation albums/studio albums, yet include new songs which will definitely persuade the fans to buy it.

Honestly, I can't imagine buying a GH's that simply add all the songs I've already had. I'm past buying something just for the pretty picture and such. But if you include new songs, I'll buy it.

Guest superman

September is the best month to release new album, sales wise. in time for holiday season. Just wait and see this album will earned double than any other past album of M.

and her new single should be released same month. like Revolver perhaps.

September is the best month to release new album, sales wise. in time for holiday season. Just wait and see this album will earned double than any other past album of M.

and her new single should be released same month. like Revolver perhaps.

Actually, I would assume earlier being she most likely has plans to tour with the new song(s). If not, It'll be the first time since "Like A Virgin", Madonna has performed a new single before it's been released.

I said it's MY GH :thumbsup:

They should release a 3 disc set.

Finally, someone with a brain! :thumbsup:

That's such a good tracklist! I bet they're not gonna do a 3 disc thing, though, but that's a great wishlist. And I love that cover.

Aww, thnx! You so sweet :thumbsup:

Guest bluejean

CD1

Holiday

Lucky Star

Borderline

Like A Virgin

Material Girl

Crazy For You

Into The Groove

Dress You Up

Live To Tell

Papa Don't Preach

Open Your Heart

La Isla Bonita

Who's That Girl

Like A Prayer

Express Yourself

Cherish

Vogue

Justify My Love

This Used To Be My Playground

CD2

Erotica

Deeper and Deeper

I'll Remember

Secret

Take A Bow

You'll See

Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Frozen

Ray Of Light

American Pie

Beautiful Stranger

Music

Don't Tell Me

Die Another Day

Hung Up

Sorry

4 Minutes

New

New

If you use the single versions/edits these songs fit. To include everything that deserves to be on there it would have to be a 3CD, which I doubt will happen. This is a possible 3rd bonus disc:

Angel

Gambler

True Blue

Causing A Commotion

Keep It Together

Hanky Panky

Rescue Me

Rain

Bedtime Story

Human Nature

You Must Love Me

The Power Of Goodbye

What It Feels Like For A Girl

American Life

Hollywood

Me Against The Music

Get Together

Give It 2 Me

I hope there will be a box set that shortly follows giving the fans what they are asking for, because this Greatest Hits is not really going to do much for hardcore fans.

what is the vocal ad lib that's on the rescue me radio mix?

that's what i wanna know hehe

Guest bluejean

Mattress, can you please post the Sorry (Radio Version) without the spoken intro and also the Nothing Fails (Radio Edit)

Mariah's new album has a tentative release date of 9/15.

Same day as Madonna. Oh I see the drama already. Mariah is really quick this time with releasing a new album.

Guest Danny86

^While I'm sure one of them gets moved around, would it matter for Madonna at all? Do we think she can debut at #1 in the fall?

^ Of course it would not matter and I really don't expect much when it comes to sales for Madonna and her GH. But there will be drama nonetheless ;)

Guest Not4Pussies

her new single is releaed to radio next Tue (mariah)

if M's GH is to come out in sept

we should have the new single out within the end of this month or next month

but noooo

Guest Danny86

^Actually Madonna never did that. Her single always came out 4-6 weeks before the album, not 2-3 months, like Mariah. And this is the final Warner release, so why expect something new?

Guest harbors

Her new single OBSESSED is coming out this tuesday, and her album is coming out in AUGUST.

-twitters who has been already listened to the song:

From @SincerelyCin:

Listening to the new Mariah record "Obsessed" in LA's office! Siiiiick! Looks Like Mariah is gonna beat the Beatles afterall...another #1 2:10 PM Jun 5th from TwitterBerry

Just listened to the new Mariah Carey song OBSESSED....official new chick anthem of the summer!!!

4:50 AM Jun 6th from web

Trick just knocked out another smash for Mariah. She still sounds great!

7:36 PM May 30th from web

---

My first night out and I connect with L Jon, Wendy G, and WM Craig. Life is good. BTW MC's album is crazy! 4:52 PM Jun 5th from web

It's so 90's all over again, Madonna VS Whitney VS Mariah. Whose single will be the anthem of the summer?

^Actually Madonna never did that. Her single always came out 4-6 weeks before the album, not 2-3 months, like Mariah. And this is the final Warner release, so why expect something new?

I talked about Mariah.

Guest Danny86

^I was replying to Isaac, we just posted in the same time. ;)

In the 2 most recent cases, Mariah's second single came around the album release week.

Yeah- "We Belong Together" hit radio before Emancipation was released, and "Bye Bye" was touted as the second single the week of E=MC2's release (she performed it on Idol that week).

I'm not expecting a GH album to be in contention for Numba One, anyhow- unless it's a really, really slow sales week. If Mimi releases her album the same week, ain't no way Madge's GH will sell more than a new studio album.

what is the vocal ad lib that's on the rescue me radio mix?

that's what i wanna know hehe

:lol:

Here is a sound file, first with the entire section (it appears around 11 seconds in) followed by just the ad lib.

Mattress, can you please post the Sorry (Radio Version) without the spoken intro and also the Nothing Fails (Radio Edit)

Sure!

sorrycover.png

Sorry [(US) Radio Version] | download

This was only released on a rare, second US promo CD. Remixed and edited by Stuart Price, this version loses the spoken intro, instead beginning a cappella with the Robodonna "I heard it all before"'s. The middle of the song has only a few of the spoken lines and "forgive me" is placed later in the mix (similar to the video version.)

Radio Version is a confusing name for this mix as most non-US releases of the "Sorry" single refer to the Single Edit version instead as Radio Version. To help distinguish between the two, I refer to this US promo-only mix instead as US Radio Version.

NothingFailscover.png

Nothing Fails [Radio Edit] | download

The album version slightly resequenced and edited for single release.

Guest superman

it was confirm from mad-eyes.net that M not gonna promote any brand new single for her 2nd leg tour, She will stick to her old songs and tracks from HC album.

and the release of her new single to radios. followed..

• 2 months later...

Here is the info pertaining only to tracks included on the "finalized" Celebration tracklisting.

<b>EVERYBODY</b> 3:58 (EDIT)

Simple edit of the original 12" length version. Issued commercially and promotionally in the U.S. (NOTE: An alternate remix was instead issued in the U.K.)

<b>BURNING UP</b> 3:50 (EDIT)

Simple edit of the original 12" version. This version was not issued in the U.S. commercially, but was the 7" version internationally (Japan, etc.). (NOTE: Not issued as a single in the U.K.) Video version (released later than the single) uses the Madonna album version.

<b>HOLIDAY</b> 3:50 (EDIT)

Simple edit of "Madonna" album version.

<b>BORDERLINE</b> 3:58 (EDIT)

Remixed and edited by Jellybean. Also the video version.

<b>LUCKY STAR</b> 3:44 (EDIT)

Simple edit of "Madonna" album version. Also the video version. (NOTE: all formats of the "Madonna" video EP and The Immaculate Collection DVD feature a longer, 12" version of the video. Original VHS and Laserdisc copies of The Immaculate Collection contain the original 3:44 length video release.)

<b>LIKE A VIRGIN</b> 3:35

The "Like A Virgin" album version.

<b>MATERIAL GIRL</b> 3:56

<b>CRAZY FOR YOU</b> 4:08 (EDIT)

An early fade of the "Vision Quest" soundtrack version. (NOTE: This version appears on "Something To Remember" and is often incorrectly referred to as a unique fade specifically for the compilation.)

<b>INTO THE GROOVE</b> 4:40

Commercially not issued as a U.S. a-side. Instead issued on the b-side of the "Angel" 12" maxi single. Later issued on 7", cassingle and CD single as part of the stateside BackTrax/Back-To-Back Hits series.

<b>DRESS YOU UP</b> 3:58

<b>LIVE TO TELL</b> 4:37 (EDIT)

Simple edit of the "True Blue" album version. Also the video version.

<b>PAPA DON'T PREACH</b> 4:27

The "True Blue" album version. U.S. promotional copies feature "Edit" version, an early fade of the "True Blue" album version.

<b>OPEN YOUR HEART</b> 4:12

The "True Blue" album version. U.S. promotional copies also include an edited remix by Thompson/Barbiero. (NOTE: The U.S. 7" single sleeve incorrectly states that the song has been remixed by Thomspon/Barbiero. This version was however the commercially released version in the U.K. )

<b>LA ISLA BONITA</b> 4:01

The "True Blue" album version. This is also the video version. (NOTE: In the U.K., the single version of "La Isla Bonita" was instead a remix by Chris Lord-Alge.)

<b>WHO'S THAT GIRL</b> 3:58

The "Who's The Girl" soundtrack version. This is also the video version.

<b>LIKE A PRAYER</b> 5:19 (7” VERSION)

Remixed by Shep Pettibone. Runs shorter than the "Like A Prayer" album version due to the loss of a reverse effect on the opening guitars and a slightly earlier fade. U.S. promotional copies (and U.K. commercial releases) instead feature the "7" Version With Fade", which, as the title implies, is the "7" Version" faded early. (NOTE: This 7" version, while remixed, remains true to the sound and arrangement of the "Like A Prayer" album version and should not be mistaken for the house arrangement as heard on The Immaculate Collection.)

<b>EXPRESS YOURSELF</b> 4:30 (7” REMIX)

Remixed by Shep Pettibone. One lyric is altered during the fade of the track ("So you can respect yourself" becomes "express himself"). (NOTE: This version, while remixed, remains true to the sound, arrangement and overall length of the "Like A Prayer" album version and should not be mistaken for the house arrangement as heard on The Immaculate Collection.)

<b>CHERISH</b> 4:03 (FADE)

A simple edit of the remixed "Extended Version". (NOTE: The "Extended Version" remains unreleased --commercially or promotionally-- in the U.S.).

<b>VOGUE</b> 4:19 (SINGLE VERSION)

The "original" master of the song. (NOTE: The later release of "Vogue" on "I'm Breathless" is the otherwise unreleased video version on which the first 35 seconds of the "Single Version" are replaced with an edited, 1:05 passage from the beginning of the "Bette Davis Dub" version of the song. Listen for the change in the bassline at the 1:05 point of the "Album Version".)

<b>JUSTIFY MY LOVE</b> 4:58

The "The Immaculate Collection" album version.

<b>EROTICA</b> 4:24 (RADIO EDIT)

U.S. Commercial: The "Erotica" album version. "Radio Edit" (aka, Album Edit) --issued promotionally and on the CD maxi single-- was the airplay hit.

U.K. Commercial: Radio Edit (aka, Album Edit), a simple edit of the "Erotica" album version. This version appears on GHV2.

<b>SECRET</b> 4:24 (EDIT)

An early fade of the "Bedtime Stories" album version. This version appears on GHV2.

<b>TAKE A BOW</b> 4:31 (EDIT)

Simple edit of the "Bedtime Stories" album version. This version appears on GHV2.

<b>FROZEN</b> 5:09 (RADIO EDIT)

Simple edit of the "Ray Of Light" album version. This version appears on GHV2. U.S. and U.K. commercial singles feature the "Ray Of Light" album version.

<b>RAY OF LIGHT</b> 4:35 (EDIT)

Simple edit of the "Ray Of Light" album version. This version appears on GHV2. U.S. and U.K. commercial singles feature the "Ray Of Light" album version.

<b>BEAUTIFUL STRANGER</b> 3:58 (WILLIAM ORBIT RADIO EDIT)

"The Spy Who Shagged Me" soundtrack version faded early. This version appears on GHV2. Not issued commercially in the U.S., but a stateside single release all the same. U.K. commercial single feature "The Spy Who Shagged Me" soundtrack album version.

<b>MUSIC</b> 3:44

The "Music" album version.

<b>DON'T TELL ME</b> 4:10 (RADIO EDIT)

The "Music" album version edited to end cold on the final beat before the lengthy "strings" coda. U.S. commercial singles and GHV2 feature the "Music" album version.

<b>DIE ANOTHER DAY</b> 3:30 (RADIO EDIT)

A specially mixed edit missing some spoken parts in the middle.

<b>HOLLYWOOD</b> 3:42 (RADIO EDIT)

The "American Life" album version faded up late and out early. And fast.

<b>HUNG UP</b> 3:20 (RADIO VERSION)

There are two different "Radio Version"'s. The two are identical until after the final chorus. As it fades, the U.K. "Radio Version" features additional singing ("Every little thing, every little thing, I'm hung up..."). The U.S. "Radio Version" instead goes instrumental. Both are subtly remixed by Stuart Price.

<b>SORRY</b> 3:59 (SINGLE EDIT)

"Single Edit" appears on all commercial singles. "Single Edit" (known promotionally as "Edit" and internationally as "Radio Version") is remixed by Stuart Price.

Second U.S. promo CD features the alternate (and better!!) "Radio Version" (not to be confused with the "Radio Version" heard on international CDs) that runs 3:37. This is a unique mix that loses the spoken intro, instead beginning <b>a cappella</b> with the Robodonna "I heard it all before". The middle of the song has only a few spoken lines and "forgive me" is placed later in the mix (as on the video version.)

<b>4 MINUTES</b> 3:10 (EDIT) FEATURING JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE AND TIMBALAND

"Hard Candy" album version appears on commercial singles. Promo single releases (and U.S. 7" release) contain "Radio Edit", specially mixed.

<b>MILES AWAY</b> 4:02 (RADIO EDIT)

"Hard Candy" album version appears on commercial singles. Promo and Maxi single releases contain "Radio Edit", specially mixed.