RIP ESTHER (2002-2005): a tenth anniversary celebration

Apples388

I did enjoy Esther's video for LOVE PROFUSION in her lovely conservative frock. I wonder if Guy Ritchie wanted her to vote Tory like him? After all they had dinner with David Cameron :rotfl:

LP remains perhaps Esther's longest uninterrupted stretch of footage in video form. What do you all think? I really think that in this video she actually 'overcame' Madonna herself and made her into the inner persona? The documentary doesn't count really.

Dis...connect..... *BZZZZ**** don't want to.... disconnect

Esther's revenge: Godthia McFadden interv 2004.

Sensible blouse, spoke ill of her 90s achievements, straight parted hair, and blathering on about marriage, ego, and Kabbalah. All the hallmarks were there.

Esther's biggest hit: Matt Laeur interv 2003.

"Britney Peers."

"I'm a Kabbalist."

"I am." *delicate, hurtful wince upon being asked whether she thinks she's an actress.*

Guest Pud Whacker

How come everyone says she's so small when she's average height, IDGI. I keep hearing she's tiny IRL.

its not her hEight its how delicate the bone structure is. diminutive. in my day, they called it petite, they even had a section for petite ladies. i can assure you those days ARE LONG GONE. everyones big, fat and overgrown these days.

tumblr_nu40k2iMoh1qlycwjo1_500.jpg

Err, did you misread the thread title darling? We all loved & still do love Esther. Don't get it twisted hun. Come join the party, it's a celebration!!

Was merely a response to the Esther-detractors who had infiltrated your celebration of the wonderful Esther.

2002_queenpg-horizontal.jpg

Sensible blouse, spoke ill of her 90s achievements, straight parted hair, and blathering on about marriage, ego, and Kabbalah. All the hallmarks were there.

"Britney Peers."

"I'm a Kabbalist."

"I am." *delicate, hurtful wince upon being asked whether she thinks she's an actress.*

The more records I sell, the more people I help, DINGLE!!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

"Britney Peers."

"I'm a Kabbalist."

I LOVE IT ALL!!!

MORE KABBALAH STUDYING ESTHER!!!

I did enjoy Esther's video for LOVE PROFUSION in her lovely conservative frock. I wonder if Guy Ritchie wanted her to vote Tory like him? After all they had dinner with David Cameron :rotfl:

LP remains perhaps Esther's longest uninterrupted stretch of footage in video form. What do you all think? I really think that in this video she actually 'overcame' Madonna herself and made her into the inner persona? The documentary doesn't count really.

Dis...connect..... *BZZZZ**** don't want to.... disconnect

:lmao:

Aww I love that song and even the video to a certain degree. She just looks very...idk, pretty

its not her hEight its how delicate the bone structure is. diminutive. in my day, they called it petite, they even had a section for petite ladies. i can assure you those days ARE LONG GONE. everyones big, fat and overgrown these days.

tumblr_nu40k2iMoh1qlycwjo1_500.jpg

OMG @ that pic! So fragile.

The first signs that ESTHER was about to leave us? :(

I'm in the mood to dance!!! (poor Esther slowly dies inside)

That's right, becuz not only can Esther not dance well, but when she does, it's very "Suedehead's mum dancing to ROL at the Xmas celebration in Al-Ain 12" dub???"

Guest Pud Whacker

OMG @ that pic! So fragile.

yes! from a cover story in No1 magazine February 1984, they called her diminutive. in another when he shook her hand he said, her hands were like little bird bones that would crack if you squeezed them.

dont forget she brings things to sit on when being interviewed!!! because the couches 'swallow her up" :rotfl:

Guest Pud Whacker

Such a strange interview :lol: I love it tho

me too. oh, how i love 2003 and american life. you hear of madonna saving them, that year my mom died and i found madonnapower forum!!! American Life and ReInvention Tour are absolute perfection to me in such a different way than i talk about the first album or true blue or lap and virgin tour or wtg or blond ambition...

dont forget she brings things to sit on when being interviewed!!! because the couches 'swallow her up" :rotfl:

That was the recent Jonathan Ross interview wasn't it? He should know better cuz she had a cushion at the 1992 interview and all the cameramen smelt it afterward he complained before he could get it. :rotfl:

me too. oh, how i love 2003 and american life. you hear of madonna saving them, that year my mom died and i found madonnapower forum!!! American Life and ReInvention Tour are absolute perfection to me in such a different way than i talk about the first album or true blue or lap and virgin tour or wtg or blond ambition...

Wow didn't know you loved either of those things that much!

Guest Pud Whacker

The first signs that ESTHER was about to leave us? :(

I'm in the mood to dance!!! (poor Esther slowly dies inside)

obsessed with that dress since 2005. like a 50's party dress!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

That was the recent Jonathan Ross interview wasn't it? He should know better cuz she had a cushion at the 1992 interview and all the cameramen smelt it afterward he complained before he could get it. :rotfl:

and howard stern!!! which is a radio interview!!! like who cares? nobodys going to see it!!! :lol:

Guest Pud Whacker

Wow didn't know you loved either of those things that much!

well of course, theyre such a marker point 20 years into already loving her. you know?

But didnt Madonna/Esther kiss Britney Spear on TV causing a sensation?

Peeps, don't confuse Esther with being married to Guy Ritchie!

Kabbalah is the best thing ever to have happened for Madonna and she's so deep in it and so dedicated and I'm sure she's still Esther. Just because the media is nolonger interested in Madonna and Kabbalah people automatically think she gave up and she's doing something else like dating younger men.. But truth is she's still studying Kabbalah. And Kabbalah wasn't the reason why she was lady of the manor for a seasons or two. That was Guy Ritchie; Madonna did wanna please him by portraying a more demure and sophisticated persona. She still had some press although most people found her English accent a little bit too much but I have never for once associated that period to her Kabbalah studyings.

This thread is fabulous and has made me want to revisit Esther. I shall click all those as watch laters and watch on my TV in an Esther marathon. :disco:

I want to compile a playlist for all of her interviews from the beginning and one for all of her performances.. I wish there was a list, there's just too much shit out there. :grr:

Guest Pud Whacker

But didnt Madonna/Esther kiss Britney Spear on TV causing a sensation?

Peeps, don't confuse Esther with being married to Guy Ritchie!

Kabbalah is the best thing ever to have happened for Madonna and she's so deep in it and so dedicated and I'm sure she's still Esther. Just because the media is nolonger interested in Madonna and Kabbalah people automatically think she gave up and she's doing something else like dating younger men.. But truth is she's still studying Kabbalah. And Kabbalah wasn't the reason why she was lady of the manor for a seasons or two. That was Guy Ritchie; Madonna did wanna please him by portraying a more demure and sophisticated persona. She still had some press although most people found her English accent a little bit too much but I have never for once associated that period to her Kabbalah studyings.

i agree!