Madonna and other female popstars.

Guest bluejean

Yes, she did learn from the best.

I love Barbra's recollection about meeting Madonna for the first time. From a 1991 Vanity Fair interview.

"Look, there's a very interesting need for 'stars' and 'divas,' " Streisand explains. "Madonna is very good at that. She 'plays' the part. Cis was one of the first people to find her. She calls me up one day when she was a casting director and says, 'I found this girl and she reminds me of you. The first person I've met in a long time who reminds me of you. She's coming out to California, so I'm going to bring her over to meet you.' This was before she had had a hit record or anything. We took her out for a Chinese meal and the funniest thing is she orders a whole fish! When I go out with people, I don't order lobster or steak. I think maybe they can't afford it or something. I would never do that. I mean, that takes chutzpah to order a whole fish. I was knocked out by her chutzpah. Isn't that hysterical? She ordered a whole fish! This girl is out there. I don't know how you would put us in the same category, because I'm so not like that."

Please. This is the woman that refused to perform at the Academy Awards because she didn't get nominated. She's a total diva and a half.

Guest bluejean

I think though alot of these stars including Madonna are demanding because they are under a lot of pressure and usually the demure, pushover types become self destructive or just fizzle out. It's a tough industry and only the strong survive.

That was one of the things about the This Is It doco, seeing the way Michael Jackson behaved was kind of heartbreaking. He'd be asking people that work on HIS show if he can please have this and that. It was just really kind of pathetic and really illustrated why he was the victim of so many vultures.