Madonna songs on Spotify

Shane

Has anyone noticed that a couple of songs on Spotify from Madonna's 80s albums are not the original album versions?? I am referring specifically to Borderline and Papa Don't Preach, both of which are extended approximately one whole minute beyond their original album lengths. Does anyone know what these two versions are from??

The iTunes version of the first album is also fake - it has the Immaculate Collection version of Holiday with an early fade and a longer version of Everybody. Very annoying. Is it the same on Spotify?

The iTunes version of the first album is also fake - it has the Immaculate Collection version of Holiday with an early fade and a longer version of Everybody. Very annoying. Is it the same on Spotify?

The longer version of Everybody is the Extended Version. The TIC version of a Holiday w/ early fade was most likely a label edit. Hardly fake....

^ I class that as fake, since it's not how the album was originally intended and that remix is from 1990. And I think it's a pity now that people are going all-digital that the original versions aren't available.

Has anyone noticed that a couple of songs on Spotify from Madonna's 80s albums are not the original album versions?? I am referring specifically to Borderline and Papa Don't Preach, both of which are extended approximately one whole minute beyond their original album lengths. Does anyone know what these two versions are from??

"Papa Don't Preach" is Stephen Bray's 12" Version and "Borderline" is Jellybean's New Mix both from the original, respective maxi singles... not sure why the official digital releases always substitute extended remixes for album versions.

The Immaculate Collection on spotify has the original album version of "Borderline" that's missing from their upload of Madonna and "Lucky Star" is the 12" New Mix...

On Like A Virgin, "Dress You Up" is the 12" Formal Mix from the maxi single

Hot mess.