WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?!?!

cosmic_system

I'm sorry, I don't get it. I thought she had everything in storage, that what she said in Vogue 2005. Why is she selling this stuff? I get she's not the one selling her signed credit cards or outtakes, but these costumes are ICONIC and I thought she had them!

She talked about doing an exhibition in 2005 like Bowie is doing now. I'm so sad.

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/134/lot/57418/?url=%2Fview-auctions%2Findividual-lots%2F%3Fpage%3D10%26key%3DMadonna179246_0.jpg

179248_0.jpg

We can only assume that there might be more than one of these outfits. But my god, that title seriously had me startled! Not funny!

First of all, I thought some of this stuff was already auctioned off, like the D&D hand written video notes

180353_0.jpg

How did we get scans of these in the first place???????

An Unknown song (possibly Erotica era?)

180326_0.jpg

"You once said that I should die, you would too"

"But I'm dead to you now, so I know that's not true."

“… I thought when you held something back you were strong but your mind drew a blank and I was wrong I was wrong … .”

:wow:

They've probably been locked inside some janky storage shed for decades.

At least there's the hope of wealthy fans with a real love for Madonna/pop culture winning these items at auction and caring for them.

An Unknown song (possibly Erotica era?)

180326_0.jpg

"You once said that I should die, you would too"

"But I'm dead to you now, so I know that's not true."

“… I thought when you held something back you were strong but your mind drew a blank and I was wrong I was wrong … .”

:wow:

:drama:

I think the Evita dresses and the DSS jacket are properties of the film company so they never were hers in the first place. As for the music outfit and american pie one she may have auctionned them for charity.

The Sean Penn wedding dress must have represented bad memory for her so she may have sold it for charity too at one point like she did for the thunderbird he gave her as a wedding present.

Madonna is not selling the items at Julien's. They all are owned by private owners and these costumes were part of a travelling exhibition 2 years ago.

I think we need to remember that there are more than one copy of each of these items - most of the costumes you see here were auctioned years ago and bought by a group of investors who toured them around the world in a pathetic exhibition in shopping centres etc - they went broke and are now selling the costumes.

Re: the wedding dress - not sure if there was more than 1

I think we need to remember that there are more than one copy of each of these items - most of the costumes you see here were auctioned years ago and bought by a group of investors who toured them around the world in a pathetic exhibition in shopping centres etc - they went broke and are now selling the costumes.

Re: the wedding dress - not sure if there was more than 1

Yes, I saw that exhibition at the Chadstone Shopping centre several years ago ! The Evita dress, music outfit, Material girl dress and American Pie outfit plus others stuff such as a credit card she once owned. Did not see the Desperately seeking Susan jacket or her wedding dress though.

Guest bluejean

So she was going to sing Tears of a Clown? I love that song and can imagine it on this tour!

What is the song mashed with Burning Up though??

innM3Dl3Oh3de.gif

I can understand everything else in the auction except her wedding dress... :confused:

Jacket, most women don't want a bar of their wedding dresses when they get divorced. :laugh: She probably gave it away. I don't think many of these items are directly from Madonna herself rather than from collectors who have somehow got hold of them.

That makes sense. But I always thought she continued to love him even after the divorce.

Yes, but it seems now more of a friendship. Plus, their break-up was fairly violent and awful when it happened although they now get along really well. Just my thoughts on why she probably does not want memories of her wedding day - not really sure though.

Anyway, Jacket - which items are you bidding for ? I want the Desperately seeing Susan jacket. You would probably want that as well due to your name ! :laugh: