I'm crazy crazy for you

It's all brand new
I'm crazy for you
And you know it's true
Yeah, I'm crazy for you

Crazy for you baby
I'm crazy for you
Crazy for you baby

Crazy For You Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_for_You_(song)

This song was M's first proper ballad single release and also the first of what would be a string of very successful soundtrack songs for her, this one being from the movie Visionquest where she also makes a brief cameo as a singer (big stretch-LOL). This song marked a change in the type of songs Madonna had become associated with and was a first glimpse for many of her versatility as a singer. She really gets to stretch her vocals on this song and shows a good range especially with the higher notes she reaches for and nails toward the end of the song. As great a song as it is and as brilliantly as I believe she delivers it, I have to be honest and say that I have never been overly "crazy" about it. It could be that it was overplayed, but something about it just doesn't sound like a Madonna song. It's not just because she didn't have a hand in writing it, as there are other songs like Material Girl and Like A Virgin she didn't write but still feel like her to me and that she was the only one who could have sung them. I have however enjoyed the two tour performances of the song during the Virgin Tour and RIT. She does put a lot of passion and feeling into those and I feel like they take on a new meaning live , especially when she dedicates the RIT version to her fans for sticking by her throughout the years. That made me feel quite nostalgic and love the song a little more.

What do you think of this song? Are you crazy for it?

Guest bluejean

The Virgin Tour version is the ultimate!

And don't fight the Vision Quest version!

PS the original artwork is where it's at

Crazy for you is easily one of my favourite Madonna ballads. I remember the very first time I heard it on the radio and adored it from the first time. It was completely different to anything I had heard Madonna sing before and was such a pure romantic song. Even the lyrics are about pure love and lust. It also takes me back to a time of watching Madonna become the biggest star in the world. Everything she was releasing was a massive hit - on top of the Like a Virgin album and singles - Crazy for you and Into the Groove were number 1 hit singles.

I somehow feel this songs takes us into a different world. One of falling in love with someone at first sight. The only thing I was disappointed in was the lack of a great video clip. This is one song that deserved a beautiful wonderful romantic video clip as it was the time Madonna was copied and loved at a level I had never seen before in video clips. The impact that the video clips of Like a Virgin, Material Girl and Into the Groove - clips of Desperately Seeking Susan but done brilliantly - had on kids, teenagers and adults at the time was so special. I know I am waffling but this was truly a wonderful innocent time of my life and this song reminds me of that time and watching Madonna become the biggest star in the world before my very eyes.

Crazy For You is THAT SONG!!!!

Quintessential 80, quintessential Madonna...the quintessential hit!

Every thing about it is just right. The instrumental that soars along with her vocal in the chorus and I especially love the ending where her vocal grows and grows to that last unexpected belt "Touch me once and you'll KNOW its true"

I really feel that this is such a gem in her discography. I remember reading in a book on M (maybe it was the taraborelli bio, I'm not sure?) when he actually compares it to Aretha Franklin. Madonna can't hit the notes Aretha can but she delivers this song as passionately, assurely and as emotively as Franklin would have.

To me it represents an important move in her career to. The versatility. She's the disco dolly who became the grandest queen of them all and this song which came just before the icon solidifying True Blue era was an important insight (even only now in retrospect maybe) that she was going to be more than a one trick pony.

Crazy for you is easily one of my favourite Madonna ballads. I remember the very first time I heard it on the radio and adored it from the first time. It was completely different to anything I had heard Madonna sing before and was such a pure romantic song. Even the lyrics are about pure love and lust. It also takes me back to a time of watching Madonna become the biggest star in the world. Everything she was releasing was a massive hit - on top of the Like a Virgin album and singles - Crazy for you and Into the Groove were number 1 hit singles.

I somehow feel this songs takes us into a different world. One of falling in love with someone at first sight. The only thing I was disappointed in was the lack of a great video clip. This is one song that deserved a beautiful wonderful romantic video clip as it was the time Madonna was copied and loved at a level I had never seen before in video clips. The impact that the video clips of Like a Virgin, Material Girl and Into the Groove - clips of Desperately Seeking Susan but done brilliantly - had on kids, teenagers and adults at the time was so special. I know I am waffling but this was truly a wonderful innocent time of my life and this song reminds me of that time and watching Madonna become the biggest star in the world before my very eyes.

Thanks for sharing your story Janelle :thumbsup:

Crazy For You is THAT SONG!!!!

Quintessential 80, quintessential Madonna...the quintessential hit!

Every thing about it is just right. The instrumental that soars along with her vocal in the chorus and I especially love the ending where her vocal grows and grows to that last unexpected belt "Touch me once and you'll KNOW its true"

I really feel that this is such a gem in her discography. I remember reading in a book on M (maybe it was the taraborelli bio, I'm not sure?) when he actually compares it to Aretha Franklin. Madonna can't hit the notes Aretha can but she delivers this song as passionately, assurely and as emotively as Franklin would have.

To me it represents an important move in her career to. The versatility. She's the disco dolly who became the grandest queen of them all and this song which came just before the icon solidifying True Blue era was an important insight (even only now in retrospect maybe) that she was going to be more than a one trick pony.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Carey and welcome :welcome: