Evita era appreciation

Samo

A lot of hardcore fans have mixed feelings about this era from 96-97, but I fucking loved it!

Madonna was EVERYWHERE to promote the film and soundtrack, and she had more love and respect from the general public than she ever had up until that point, just watch her Oprah appearance on YouTube

The film was a huge box office success earning over $140 million worldwide in 1996 dollars, about $260 million if adjusted for inflation today, and it's success kickstarted the comeback of the movie musical in the 2000s.

The soundtrack was another big seller and proved once again that MADONNA CAN SING it also featured the Academy Award winning Best Song "You Must Love Me".

I have so many fond memories of this period, it was a real triumph for her, and her finally becoming a mom was the icing on the cake

The Golden Globes win, AA performance and win Billboard awards appearance, Oprah and Rosie O talk show appearances EVITA premieres all over the world, Madonna on the cover of every damn magazine etc.

Such a great time to be a fan

What are you're thoughts?

I just remember a lot of happy memories and the general public respecting Madonna

Who would of thought just 4 years after the SEX book when everyone hated her.

Even the media was kissing her ass around this time and treating her like the Queen that she is.

The PR machine around Madonna for the film and soundtrack release was INCREDIBLE, Liz Rosenberg really earned her pay checks back then!

Madonna should of had that same PR machine working for the MDNA album

But it was not to be...

Non traditional promo...

I think the best part of era was her amazing voice on the soundtrack, and I really enjoyed how passionate she was regarding everything about the era. I feel M was so dynamic and creative throughout the entire nineties even with any minor flaws.

Guest Madomination

I remember people having doubts about her singing Don't Cry For Me Argentina. Not only did she pulled it off, she turn it into a hit and made it her own!