MadonnaNation Top Madonna albums ranking 2014

Titty

Okay, I had some time in my hands, so I made a recount! :lol: This time considering only the posts that included all 12 albums, no partial lists, and this is what I got:

1. Ray Of Light

2. Erotica

3. Music

4. Like A Prayer

5. American Life

6. Confessions on a Dance Floor

7. Madonna

8. Bedtime Stories

9. Hard Candy

10. True Blue

11. MDNA

12. Like A Virgin

Okay, I had some time in my hands, so I made a recount! :lol: This time considering only the posts that included all 12 albums, no partial lists, and this is what I got:

1. Ray Of Light

2. Erotica

3. Music

4. Like A Prayer

5. American Life

7. Madonna

8. Bedtime Stories

9. Hard Candy

10. True Blue

11. MDNA

12. Like A Virgin

Pretty much how I'd rank them.

Typical stanbase vote... I can`t believe iconic albums like "True Blue" (Papa Don`t Preach, La Isla Bonita, Open Your Heart, Where`s The Party, True Blue, Live To Tell, etc...) and "Like A Virgin" (Into The Groove, Material Girl, Dress You Up, Over And Over, etc...) are below albums like "Hard Candy" or "Erotica"... those are the albums that connected with the Zeitgeist... they captured the people and had real cultural influence... and were way more relevant than those "fan-favourites"!

Typical stanbase vote... I can`t believe iconic albums like "True Blue" (Papa Don`t Preach, La Isla Bonita, Open Your Heart, Where`s The Party, True Blue, Live To Tell, etc...) and "Like A Virgin" (Into The Groove, Material Girl, Dress You Up, Over And Over, etc...) are below albums like "Hard Candy" or "Erotica"... those are the albums that connected with the Zeitgeist... they captured the people and had real cultural influence... and were way more relevant than those "fan-favourites"!

Yes, influential, yes, iconic, yes, full of great moments. But in my opinion Madonna was very much a singles artist until Like A Prayer, when she seamlessly morphed into an album artist.

You make a valid point, although I don't know if it pertains to a poll on a fan site like this. Meaning that I feel like most hardcore Madonna fans are either fans of her entire career, or her mid to late era (I know one fan who loves Erotica on, but does not enjoy her vocals on the 80s hits), while casual fans and the public at large might lean more toward early works. Thus, a similar poll conducted on, say, yahoo or by Good Morning America, would surely rank Madonna and True Blue above Erotica and Hard Candy.

Like A Prayer is a masterpiece, only beaten by ROL, should have been at number 2

Erotica, Music and Confessions are good albums but over rated in my opinion.

True Blue is way too low on that list.

It's all personal opinion but for me it would go:

ROL

LAP

TB

American Life

Bedtime Stories

Madonna

Erotica

Music

COADF

LAV

MDNA

Hard Candy

Same. I'm glad BS has received so much love. It is a great album, so many different sounds, the lyrics, the theme. The videos! It was well executed and still sounds so fresh today despite being released at a time when rnb music was so mainstream and can now sound a bit dated!

Long live Bedtime Stories!

:yes::tigger:

1. Ray Of Light

2. Erotica

3. Music

4. Like A Prayer

5. American Life

7. Madonna

8. Bedtime Stories

9. Hard Candy

10. True Blue

11. MDNA

12. Like A Virgin

Better! American Lifr and Music need to trade places though.

When is the Madonna community going to accept the trans-album-gender-studio-self-identified-non-soundtracked-sex-assigned-not-from-dick-tracy-pussy-free I'm Breathless ???????

When is the Madonna community going to accept the trans-album-gender-studio-self-identified-non-soundtracked-sex-assigned-not-from-dick-tracy-pussy-free I'm Breathless ???????

Thank you. Couldn't have said it better.

1. Ray Of Light

2. Erotica

3. Music

4. Like A Prayer

5. American Life

7. Madonna

8. Bedtime Stories

9. Hard Candy

10. True Blue

11. MDNA

12. Like A Virgin

This revised list is much more what i expected it to be!!!