IS MADONNA BIG IN LATIN AMERICA?

Samo

Guest Rachelle of London

The question is....is Madonna as big as Ricky Martin :lmao: ....I remember that beaut of a post where someone said he's bigger than Elvis or something like that!

The question is....is Madonna as big as Ricky Martin :lmao: ....I remember that beaut of a post where someone said he's bigger than Elvis or something like that!

OMG I remember too! :dead:

Madonna is the biggest female star ever in Brazil, nothing comes close to her popularity. She is so popular to the point that we have monthly parties dedicated just for her music in many cities, mostly in Sao Paulo. She is everywhere, stores often plays her songs, plays the CT, SS and MDNA DVDs, there are shirts with her iconic pictures, paintings, magazines, she is incredible big here.

Yes!! Brazil stops for her!

When she came in 2008 for S&S ALL the tv channels were talking about her.

Helicopters were trying to capture some image from her in the hotel (!!!).

Edited by danMfan

Madonna is the biggest female star ever in Brazil, nothing comes close to her popularity. She is so popular to the point that we have monthly parties dedicated just for her music in many cities, mostly in Sao Paulo. She is everywhere, stores often plays her songs, plays the CT, SS and MDNA DVDs, there are shirts with her iconic pictures, paintings, magazines, she is incredible big here.

You tell them! :bow:

I became a fan in 1985, i was very young but as soon as i saw the Material Girl video i became obsessed.

I remember the virgin tour being played on national tv, there was even a show called "el club de Madonna" wich focused mostly on her videos and a few other big artist. The show lasted more than 4 years!

Madonna became very popular with LAV but she really nailed it with La Isla...no anglo artists were doing the latin thing back then, she became huge

Why do you keep bringing Shakira to the board gang bang? She's nobody in Brazil.

Gang bang has his own special way of thinking. :lol:

That was gang bang too. :lmao:

Lady caca is big here in Argentina, nowadays more than Shakira , but not like Madonna ..,NEVER

Lady caca is big here in Argentina, nowadays more than Shakira , but not like Madonna ..,NEVER

You are nice, lady cacca...

:lmao: You should check gang bang's monologue thread in the flop section :lol:

I pass! :lol:

But seriously, Brazilians usually have an issue with Spanish speakers. They don't do much success here. At least is the impression I get.

Is this a joke? She's probably the most accepted and loved female pop star who is not Latin. I've never seen Mariah, Janet, et al have such a run of hits, at least here in Mexico, as Madonna.

She's HUGE. Madonna touring any of those countries is a massive event kinda like if it's the Olympics taking place there! She dominates all of the news coverage and has huge traffic stopping mobs of fans screaming "MAH...DOUGH...NAH!" for her. I love seeing the tons of news footage and hysteria she gets there.

I posted a tweet months before Colombia went on sale announced that the tour was going to Colombia (thanks to Jairo!). For months that one tweet continuously got literally 1000s of retweets, questions and excitement tweeted to me from thrilled Colombians, and mnation was listed as a source in a bunch of news articles for her forthcoming Colombia shows. All originating from one tweet. I was amazed. It was insane the excitement her first shows there generated.

Here in PR, she always gets played at two local radio stations (one's a 80's & 90's + current hits, the other a ROCK one!). Everything she does is mentioned on the newspapers the next day. I'm wondering why she hasn't toured here since '93?

Also, Janet Jackson is a nobody here. No one EVER talks about her. You could ask anyone to mention a title of any of her songs and you'd be hearing crickets. Same goes for Kylie. :rotfl:

Madonna was and still is the main bitch here in Argentina.

She is utterly respected as a legend of music and the last two tours everybody was trying to get their tickets

I was on another website and they were talking about Madonna in Latin America and that Yurly wannabe Madonna and someone posted that Madonna was really hated ib Latin America

I find that hard to believe considering her gross and tickets sold with her last 2 tours.

Anyway how are her album sales and hit singles there compared to other American female pop artists?

In Quito, over a two-week period I heard Rain in a restaurant and, on the radio, Material Girl and Jump (both during rush hour). I guess no one likes her in Ecuador! Sigh.

Guest gang bang

Madonna is bigger than Ricky here , but Ricky at his peak was so big , did you take your pills , I ve never said that Ricky was bigger than Elvis , I said that Ricky is like Elvis here , he is so loved ..and relevant , by the way Madonna is bigger than Elvis here

She is a legend in Chile but I must recognize that people are still angry with her for canceling the first part of the MDNA tour (due rain). I don't think she can sold out a new concert here in Santiago

Guest gang bang

She is a legend in Chile but I must recognize that people are still angry with her for canceling the first part of the MDNA tour (due rain). I don't think she can sold out a new concert here in Santiago

that was a disaster ...

I don't know why but i always felt she didn't care much for Chile, in 2008 she left the kids in Buenis Aires and flew off to Chile a few hours before the first show and left as soon as the second show was over, it's a beautiful country.

I didn't have time to be bothered to read the rest of the posts but Madonna is life in Latin america and she's treated like the queen that she is down here. Just look at her MDNA tour numbers. Not only that but she's incredibly respected as an artist and people see her as a living legend, unlike in the us where she's been seen as.an old hag who needs to retire for the past decade now.

Madonna was and still is the main bitch here in Argentina.

She is utterly respected as a legend of music and the last two tours everybody was trying to get their tickets

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. that is INSANE!

imagine BEING HER. imagine going out on that stage knowing all those people are there.. FOR YOU. fuck that :| my mind is blown.