Madonna's Impact on Latin American singers

realityisalways

Madonna's impact on Hispanic speaking singers (mainly from Spain & Mexico) has been huge during the 90's and beyond.

Thalia (Mx), Yuri (Mx), Marta Sanchez (Spain), and many more made their careers of copying Madonna. Madonna's influence can even be seen on the new generation of popstars from the 00's and the 10's.

Yuri (Mx, 80's, 90's, 00's & 10's)

M (2008), Y (2010)

377640_296952950431818_47781779_n.jpg575130_480896091923825_1352612093_n.jpg

M (1990), Y (1990)

hp3.jpg40028_154244994588938_5837918_n.jpg

gs6.jpg

\

hp4.jpg

386324_322984967714939_1915014458_n.jpg

394505_525767747436659_486906932_n.jpg

M (1984), Y (1987)

dfffx7.jpg

Yuri (Mx, 80's, 90's, 00's & 10's) & Belinda (Mx, 00's, 10's)

The iconic D&G bodice worn by M to the Truth or Dare premiere keeps inspiring others til this day.

388672_404835036270807_565433647_n.jpg

Yuri (Mx, 80's, 90's, 00's & 10's)

Yuri strikes a pose while sampling 'rescue me' at 2:11 in 1992

Yuri gets inspired by 'Express Yourself' & Paula Abdul's 'Straight Up' in her 1991 video for 'Sabes lo Que Pasa'

Yuri goes back to the 2001 'Drowned World Tour' in her 2008 Tour

Madonna's 1990 Blonde Ambition choreography at 4:22 inspires Thalia (Mx) and Lisa M (Puerto Rico or Dominican Rep, lol idk)

Thalia (MX, 80's, 90's, 00's, 10's) remembers the choreo on her MJ's Remember the Time + Blonde Ambition 1993 inspired performance at 5:43

Also note at 4:47 she copies a step from Madonna's Holiday BAT Tour performance (the grinding with the dancers)

Lisa M (PR or Dominican Rep) copies the Like a Prayer step too in 1991 at 3:54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cccRClUISX0

Marta Sanchez (Spain, 80's, 90's, 00's, 10's) has her own 'Ray of Light' Era

foto_05149cc3dac97ff42eae5c016.jpg

Marta uses the musical base of Nothing Really Matters for Quiero Mas de Ti in 1999

In the same record she has her own 'Frozen' inspired video

But she's used to being inspired by Madonna, in 1995 she had her own musical version of 'Secret'

Trust me... It was a Ripp-off and a very bad one

Well I don't see it. Like I said Yuri has been inspired by Japanese culture.

If she did then what about Kylie and her Greco/Roman costumes on Aphrodite: Les Folies Tour

and Madonna's SB performace?

Anyway, let's not forget that Madonna also copied Marylin Monroe. I am talking about photoshoots.

Edited by mangapop

If she did then what about Kylie and her Greco/Roman costumes on Aphrodite: Les Folies Tour

Anyway, let's not forget that Madonna also copied Marylin Monroe. I am talking about photoshoots.

I'm the biggest Yuri fan ever, she was inspired by the DWT, and I stopped posting because I'm tired now but I could keep on posting Yuri's Madonna inspirations for days

The costumes + backdrop video is practically the same

Yuri hasn't even been to Japan

Oh yeah because Kylie invented Greco/Roman costumes right? :doh:

Also Madonna openly talked about how Marilyn inspired her, there was a photoshoot whose whole purpose was to re-create Marilyn's poses, it was the theme. Is that the "copying" you're talking about?

Oh yeah because Kylie invented Greco/Roman costumes right? :doh:

Also Madonna openly talked about how Marilyn inspired her, there was a photoshoot whose whole purpose was to re-create Marilyn's poses, it was the theme. Is that the "copying" you're talking about?

I know Madonna did the photosessions on purpose.

It is just annoying when someone else for example does a video or performance in Cowboy style and then Madonna fans say it is a Don't Tell Me ripp off.

Some people are gonna copy Madonna because they like her. They are going to re-create her poses or themes a nd their work will be described as ripp-off.

I am talking about that.

Edited by mangapop

It is just annoying when someone else for example does a video or performance in Cowboy style and then Madonna fans say it is a Don't Tell Me ripp off.

Some people are gonna copy Madonna because they like her. They are going to re-create her poses or themes a nd their work will be described as ripp-off.

I am talking about that.

Well i don't like that either. I don't think the majority of Madonna fans see things that way, most fans i know are quite lucid and don't see copying everywhere.

A lot of singers are inspired by Madonna and it's a fact. That doesn't make it a bad thing, it's great actually when it's done the right way. Inspiration =/= copying.

I am talking about that.

No one mentioned cowboy hats (yet) and yes Yuri likes her, what's your point? I mean the sampling, the blatant copying, is still copying

Guest Not4Pussies

"doña plagios" hahaha

oh some of these videos brought back so many memories of my childhood

i was so into yuri, thalia and a bit into marta sanchez too when i lived in mexico.

if it hadnt been for Madonna and me moving to the USA, i would still be a huge thalia or yuri fan

Let's put it this way, Yuri is the Mexican cheap Lady Xerox, she copies Madonna big time, and does it very vey bad. The re-invented version of her classic are not even good to watch or listen, she tries to hard and fail.

And NO, I don't hate Yuri, I love some of her classic 80´s, 90´s ballads, they are big classics to sing in gay cantinas and also she might be one of the most interpreted performers by transvestites in Mexico.

Let's put it this way, Yuri is the Mexican cheap Lady Xerox, she copies Madonna big time, and does it very vey bad. The re-invented version of her classic are not even good to watch or listen, she tries to hard and fail.

And NO, I don't hate Yuri, I love some of her classic 80´s, 90´s ballads, they are big classics to sing in gay cantinas and also she might be one of the most interpreted performers by transvestites in Mexico.

You forgot to say that Yuri has an amazing powerful voice (bigger than M, Gaga or really anyone else) and that til this day fills up 8 auditorio nacionales in a year, so please dont compare her to Lady Xerox, thanks

as someone pointed out Yuri copies Madonna cause she is a bigger loon than many people here...I mean, seriously, who samples Rescue Me? she obvioysly ripped off Frozen from DWT, no doubt about it. the whole vogue homage was very sad though!

Marta Sanchez another big voice diva with no creativity.....she denied even liking madonna but she is a definitely a loon

Guest gang bang

Alejandra Guzmán is a Madonna fan ..here she copied .Devild wouldn t reconize you ...at 2008 Latin Grammys..she was a copycat , Madonna started Sicky and sweet in August of 2008 , Alejandra performed this in novemeber of the same year