MDNA TOUR - PITTSBURGH

mdna2012

so true. Why should she tell to the public, that she donated the condert incomes from one show ? If you donate, you dont talk about the money. Thats the rule. People trying to find in every step she does negativitiy, which is really silly recently

You guys are completely missing my point...I AGREE that she should say NOTHING at all about her charitable contributions to the cause...the fact it, she IS saying something publicly about it by asking people to throw money at her during LS. There have already been a few snide comments from attendees who felt it was tasteless and a null effort.

The point is, say nothing and donate, or if you are going to say something, esp by asking your audience to throw crumpled bills at you while you roll around the stage, have a donation booth set up or let people know that their $$$ spent for the show will go to the cause.....a person of her stature both in celebrity and financially CAN make an impact on this issue.....some loose change crumpled in her hand as a prop is irrelevant in comparison.

I think that the crumpled bills are just part of her performance, as she uses LAV/LS to make political statements about various political issues. The Like a Virgin performance evolved do much since the beginning of the tour and became a real performance art.

So it's very symbolic rather than literal, and should be viewed that way.

HAHA at her saying 'don't be stingy motherfuckers'!

Some assholes yelled 'how much did u give'! Some fans she got...

Guest ditaluver

you can tell someone must have thrown up a huge bill...cause she sees it and acknowledges that person with a nod.

i LOVE this inclusion in the show.

its the perfect spot for it and why the fuck not???

i especially love the fact that shes half naked and she DOES look like a fairground stripper getting her cash!

LOVE IT!

She added acoustic guitar on Love Spent? which part?

Just as the dancer (Melvin?) comes up to her you can clearly hear the guitar begin to strum. It is very noticable from then on.

her wonderful body apart, how much beautiful is her voice in LS?? :inlove: :inlove: hope to hear that song live with only her voice, no backup singers!!! (someone talked about boos when she requested money....am i deaf? whatever...)

You guys are completely missing my point...I AGREE that she should say NOTHING at all about her charitable contributions to the cause...the fact it, she IS saying something publicly about it by asking people to throw money at her during LS. There have already been a few snide comments from attendees who felt it was tasteless and a null effort.

The point is, say nothing and donate, or if you are going to say something, esp by asking your audience to throw crumpled bills at you while you roll around the stage, have a donation booth set up or let people know that their $$$ spent for the show will go to the cause.....a person of her stature both in celebrity and financially CAN make an impact on this issue.....some loose change crumpled in her hand as a prop is irrelevant in comparison.

But it's not literal like that. As if she would think having the 1st couple of rows throwing some crumbles at her is gonna raise thousands of dollars 4 charity.

No, there's a concert going on, 15.000 people in an arena is a community & she's engaging them through her performance 2 take part & do what they can 2 help.

& It should b a communal effort & not up2 a few rich people, that's how we effect change. YES WE CAN! :chuckle:

*acko takes off preacher's robe 2 reveal his naked body & lights a cigarette* :fag:

THE END.

But it's not literal like that. As if she would think having the 1st couple of rows throwing some crumbles at her is gonna raise thousands of dollars 4 charity.

No, there's a concert going on, 15.000 people in an arena is a community & she's engaging them through her performance 2 take part & do what they can 2 help.

& It should b a communal effort & not up2 a few rich people, that's how we effect change. YES WE CAN! :chuckle:

*acko takes off preacher's robe 2 reveal his naked body & lights a cigarette* :fag:

THE END.

tumblr_m46emf9PBr1r3ox4ao1_500.gif

I think everyone is getting your point, maybe just not agreeing with your stance?

My sister and I both donated to raising malawi after opening night of the CT from watching the gasp inducing LTT performance.

Maybe people were moved to make a donation after the show??

I don't think its tacky ...unless the performance has been over-analyzed by someone in the first place.

I think everyone is getting your point, maybe just not agreeing with your stance?

My sister and I both donated to raising malawi after opening night of the CT from watching the gasp inducing LTT performance.

Maybe people were moved to make a donation after the show??

I don't think its tacky ...unless the performance has been over-analyzed by someone in the first place.

I hear ya....that's what I forum is, right....a forum to express different points of view. I guess I am just protective of this part of the show as it is my favorite and I just feel the plea for cash interrupts the flow of the story from LAV into LS..... that's all :)

And if anyone is moved to donate after the show due to her asking for money, than even better....perhaps that is her point, to inspire a conversation about it after the show, making it memorable where people talk about it and then feel compelled to donate.