Of the 00's my favorite Madonna album is...

Guest Norig

Guest Danny86

AL, COADF, HC, honestly I can't rank them, they are all my favs and my most listened M albums. I love them for different reasons and my ranking would be different on every day. These 3 albums easily make the 2000s the best Madonna decade for me (but of course 3 great tours help too).

Music however, always been torn about it, like others said it has some masterpieces, namely "Impressive Instant" & "Paradise", but at the same time it has some lows with fillers, "Runaway Lover" and "Amazing" are probably her most tired songs after some of the 80s fillers and "Nobody's Perfect" is her only album track that I'd call as a "demo". I never really appreciated that it doesn't have a cohesive feel or a certain mood, I prefer when a Madonna album has that, I think all of them does except True Blue and Music... I just can't really listen to Music nowadays without thinking it's a "transition" album where Madonna was stuck between Orbit and Mirwais and thinking it could have been executed a lot better, but then again most likely AL would have never existed if that was the case...

1. American Life. My favourite Madonna album (tied wirh Erotica).

2. Music. Love this album; it's so diverse and innovative especially the Mirways part. The only song I dislike is Runaway Lover.

3. COADF. Great pop album, but I would never play it again from beginning to end.

4. Hard Candy. Good album overall, but I really dislike some of the songs.

Guest bluejean

1. Confessions

Great concept, great songs, hit singles, great marketing/image. Not all that original I guess, but then who cares?

2. Hard Candy

A good solid album with some good songs. To be honest, there's nothing outstanding in terms of hit singles or great songs, but overall its a nice album without any filler.

3. Music

I guess this is the coolest album of the decade. Great singles, especially 'Music' which to me is her best single of the decade. I think the downfall of this album is that there were too many acoustic/folk sounding songs. Imo 1st singles should represent the overall feel of the album, and for this it wasn't the case. Especially since Madonna did describe it "a party album" pre release. I do like some of those acoustic ones but it just didn't seem right considering a song like 'Music' was leading the album. Some great songs on here though.

4. American Life

An album full of potential B-sides for the 'Music' singles. I don't mind some stuff, I did like it at the time. But looking back, it's not hard to see why it didn't do that well

Guest Danny86
I think the downfall of this album is that there were too many acoustic/folk sounding songs. Imo 1st singles should represent the overall feel of the album, and for this it wasn't the case. Especially since Madonna did describe it "a party album" pre release.

Yeah, I was thinking the same, the "Music" song gave the impression Madonna went back to her "Everybody" days and I'm sure many people thought the whole album would be like that. Neither the song, neither the video are not a good representation of the album, in a way, even less than AL or 4M.

Luckily this was the era when people bought albums in the highest amount based on 1-2 hit singles so it didn't "hurt" the album.

Madonna does have the tendency to call most of her albums as "party" or "dance" albums, I think she did it with ROL as well...

Guest Pud Whacker

american life

hard candy

confessions

music

wow, that was so hard, its been her best decade since the 80's!!! those are what came first in my head but i dont want music at the bottom, i LOVE it. it should be number 1 but then american life is so brilliant!!! and then of course hard candy...and confessions. too hard.

Whaker!! I thought your favorite was Hard Candy?!!

as for me , it's always gonna be about Confessions. everything was AMAZE about it UH! the singles , the videos , the look , the tour , her FUCKING LEGS!! everything about Confessions was pure perfection. Ah , the memories :dramatic:

Guest Pud Whacker

Whaker!! I thought your favorite was Hard Candy?!!

as for me , it's always gonna be about Confessions. everything was AMAZE about it UH! the singles , the videos , the look , the tour , her FUCKING LEGS!! everything about Confessions was pure perfection. Ah , the memories :dramatic:

as i said, its REALLY hard for me to put them in order. i love hard candy. i always think that would have been her third album had she not moved to hollywood and stayed in new york. she had a different adgenda - she wanted to be in PICTURES!!! :thumbsup:

Guest Drowned Bedtime

American Life, closely followed by COADF.

Then miles down the list comes Music. Never understood the universal praise. It has some brilliant tracks, and some middling ones that seem like someone trying to do "Madonna on ROL". Nice, but very inconsistant, and so not a great album.

Then Hard Candy in the pits of hell.

Guest ursaminorjim

1. Hard Candy

Her most consistent and rewarding album since Like a Prayer, for my money. Certainly the one with the most replay value - for as poorly mixed and mastered as it is, these songs are rich with dynamics and layers and intrigue. And the occasional terrible lyric, but what the hey.

2. Music

Almost as stunning - the highs ("What it feels like for a girl," "Gone," "Don't tell me") are positively stratospheric. But there's a few clunkers in there as well.

3. Confessions On a Dance Floor

Again, the highs are massive. But this is one flabby, rambling, unfocussed set. Too much confession, not enough dancing.

4. American Life

Kudos to her for doing exactly what she wanted. Shame on everyone else for not stopping her.

1. Hard Candy

Her most consistent and rewarding album since Like a Prayer, for my money. Certainly the one with the most replay value - for as poorly mixed and mastered as it is, these songs are rich with dynamics and layers and intrigue. And the occasional terrible lyric, but what the hey.

2. Music

Almost as stunning - the highs ("What it feels like for a girl," "Gone," "Don't tell me") are positively stratospheric. But there's a few clunkers in there as well.

3. Confessions On a Dance Floor

Again, the highs are massive. But this is one flabby, rambling, unfocussed set. Too much confession, not enough dancing.

4. American Life

Kudos to her for doing exactly what she wanted. Shame on everyone else for not stopping her.

Where have you been dear?