M's Article for Israeli Daily

Guest chatty kathy

Sean

They have her brainwashed.

Madonna "brainwashed"? You can't be serious!!! Madonna is smarter than that. Why can't people just be happy and accepting with what works for her (whether you agree with her on her religion or not)?

And I want to add that I think it was a cool and touching write up. I wish she'd "write" more often like this!!

JERUSALEM (AP) -- Israel's biggest daily newspaper is boasting a new international correspondent -- Madonna.

The Material Girl's byline is on the front page of Wednesday's issue of Yediot Ahronot with an excerpt from her upcoming article headlined: ''How My Life Changed.''

The paper translated her words into Hebrew. Madonna's full article is to be published Friday.

Madonna isn't Jewish but she has adopted the Hebrew name of Esther and studies Jewish mysticism.

She made a private pilgrimage to Israel in 2004 and plans two shows in the country in September as part of her Sticky & Sweet tour.

In her article, the 50-year-old entertainer describes her religious awakening almost 14 years ago, saying she realized fame and fortune were not the end but only the beginning.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/07/29...el-Madonna.html

"BUT shes not Jewish..." ( suuuuuuuuure shes not.) :roll my eyes:

Christ she's been spewing this 'religious epiphany' crap for ages. She really is weak minded if she needs religion or a brainwashing cult like Kabbalah to structure her way of life and her thinking. She's still Rabbi Berg's cash cow/bitch after all these years. Tsk!

She really is weak minded if she needs religion or a brainwashing cult ....

What? So, just because she has a religion, she's "weak minded"?

What are your beliefs? We all have them. Would you like it said you are "weak minded" for yours??

If she wanted to "help" or "enlighten" people then maybe she should have written a personal plea in that paper to Obama and the Israeli government to get their act in gear and stop the bloodshed.

People criticizing other people's believe systems are stupid.

No they r not.

The forum given 2 people just because they have a so called 'belief system ' is stupid.

If she wanted to "help" or "enlighten" people then maybe she should have written a personal plea in that paper to Obama and the Israeli government to get their act in gear and stop the bloodshed.

I hope she'll add that Iran and Syria should stop sponsoring terrorism aswell...

plus that Hamas should stop breaking cease-fire deals in the future and also banning the Palestinian children tv shows, teaching little children how to kill jews..

u know... there are two sides in every conflict whether you want to admit it or not..

to only put the blame on one side and turn the blind eye to the rest is not changing any conflict in the world

What? So, just because she has a religion, she's "weak minded"?

What are your beliefs? We all have them. Would you like it said you are "weak minded" for yours??

Agree with what you said

but people in here believe they are so liberal and open-minded, while in fact they are just as ignorant.. and btw did Madonna become more ignorant and close-minded with her "religion"?? I don't think so.. so what people hate her for when it comes to this... I have no clue actually

if it isn't the way THEY want it to be (basically people having no religion or anything), then they are calling them stuff

ignorance comes from all sides..

I remember back in the 80's when there was NO internet and we didn't actually know every detail of celebrities lives like we do now. I remember how exciting that every so often a reputable magazine such as TIME or ROLLING STONE, etc., would have an article or in depth interview, regarding Madonna's careeer, personal life, her family, religion, etc. And certainly, I would come away from it, thinking how awesome to get a glimpse of whom she is. Of course, I realize some things will be embellished or contrived to a point. A person as successful as her needs to have some control in what is said about her to maintain some privacy of whom she really is.

So here we are 20 some years later... we know much much more about her than we've ever dreamed of. But do we really?? From the comments just in this thread, proves to me that a lot of fans seem to think they have her figured out, when in truth none of us really do.

Madonna has written an article about something enlightening in her life. A little insight to whom she's become over the last 14 years. Certainly, I cannot claim I understand everything regarding Kaballah. But that really doesn't give me the license to severely criticize and make negative statements regarding her such as she's "brainwashed".

To even know that, I would have to know her personally, deal with her personally because anything else is just a perception the world is getting through the media and of course what Madonna wants us to see. Oh yeah, I understand she's said and done things that probably didn't do her many favors regarding public perception. I pretty much expect some will easily twist just about anything she does into something negative. But what greatly astounds me is the over-growing number of fans who find joy in doing so. It seems they need to prove they aren't one of those fans who worships every sneeze, sniffle and fart she gives off. But why? Why do they need to prove that, while discrediting anyone coming to her defense, labeling them as the type of person who worships her every move?

Most people know me here as the type of fan who will jump to her defense. But one with any ounce of intelligence will see, the defense I uphold isn't so much in what she's being criticized for, but the fact that I just appreciate her as an entertainer. I see no joy in constantly bagging her for silly nonsense, especially since I really can't change it and much of it is not in my reach, or it is something I can really understand unless I meet with her, speak with her, so she can explain herself in person where she's coming from. It certainly doesn't mean I agree with everything she does, nor do I think she is superior to everything she does and says. It just means, I only know and enjoy her from a fan perspective.

We're entitled to our opinions. I agree. But when one seems to focus more in trying to prove how "out of touch" she is than just appreciating the fact that for the last 25 plus years she's kept you joyously entertained, I have to question where they stand as a fan. And no, I am not saying you're NOT a Fan!! And yes, it's okay to have an objecting opinion. Yes, it's okay to have a differing opinion that doesn't always favor Madonna. Though, it's becoming more and more clear to me that some fans spend a little too much time enjoying and outlining the negative aspects of Madonna than just appreciating the woman is still entertaining the majority of us.

I know what I've posted here is lengthy. I apologize. And my intention isn't to offend anyone. But I'm sure it will since the truth is some won't even get past the first sentence I've written because they rather read short little replies that don't offer much substance or meaning behind the words. Even more, some will graze through what I wrote and simply misinterpret, twist and purposely throw an insult at me, simply because I've offered an intelligent opinion/comment and rather offer an intelligent rebuttal or agreement, it's easier to post something mean spirited or negative. I expect that, and those people will know when I don't respond back to them, I simply chuckle and know that they lack something in their life that prevents them to enjoy an appreciative fan like me who can intelligently express what he has to say without being purposely offensive, mean spirited or nasty.

Madonna has the right idea in not watching much television, reading the newspapers, etc., especially when it is about her. I suspect some of the criticism still filters into her world, but I'm sure it's much easier to keep on trucking along if you ignore the nasty remarks about you from people who really don't know you or what they are talking about. It's so easy to assume and be negative of people. Much harder for people to be a little more accepting, considerate and appreciative of others. After all, negativity is much more exciting... much more exciting than pulling out the latest album, DVD or what not of our favorite entertainer and just enjoy she's still keeping us entertained.

Again, I'm sorry!

Kabbalah has been good for her but its still got elements of religion and l hope she does not limit herself by that forever, the Israel worship bothers me, l dont claim to have much understading of the situation but from a distance it certainly appears the persecuted have become the persecutors which is a familiar cycle.

Happy to ignore this part of her life and crank up celebration real loud.