The cheesist Madonna song ever made

Guest seancannon

Guest d'kat
True Blue

"True Love...

Your the One I'm Dreamin Of!!!"

Causing a Commotion is kinda Corny too! :chuckle:

but I Love It!!!!

what a negative thread! i just knew, just KNEW. you people would go for true blue. i think the song and the whole album is the best thing madonna EVER did!

if i have to give my opinion, hung up is the cheesiest thing she's ever done.

Guest D'Deridex

4 Minutes - corny from the first line...

Love Makes the World Go Round - sounds like something that would play during the credits of an 80's teen beach movie

One More Chance - just no, ew...

Hey You - We Are The World type shit

I LOVE True Blue.

Guest immaculate sanctuary
what a negative thread! i just knew, just KNEW. you people would go for true blue. i think the song and the whole album is the best thing madonna EVER did!

if i have to give my opinion, hung up is the cheesiest thing she's ever done.

cheesy doesn't necessarily mean bad. i love the true blue song & album. i just think jimmy jimmy is super cheesy~i still like the song tho. it's just funny.

Guest jkgeldert

I love the song but I'm surprised no one's mentioned "Time Stood Still." It's a little melodramatic. Defeinitely a fair number of cliched lines in there. I still think it's gorgeous though.

Guest Johnkm

Theres just so many, anything from the Whos That Girl soundtrack is pure cheese, and definitely gambler, I would have to say its her cheesiest song, oh sorry I forgot Spotlight, those are all in my top 10 Madonna songs though :).

I'm certain I'm going to offend some fans with my choices, but....

In This Life

I have to agree on that one. I find "In This Life" cheesier than songs like "Jimmy, Jimmy" and "Love Makes The World Go Round," because it's so mawkish. Her little heart was in the right place, but the whole sentiment seems forced, IMO.

I Know It

Jimmy Jimmy

Love Makes The World Go Round

Can't Stop

Dear Jesse

Cry Baby

I'm Going Bananas

Thief of Hearts

Little Star

What It Feels Like For a Girl

Hung Up

Hey You

Guest seancannon

What do you guys think is the most cheesist aspect to Hey You? I thought it was cute?:)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ursaminorjim
What do you guys think is the most cheesist aspect to Hey You?

The lyrics, definitely. Dippy, ill-formed nonsense masquerading as insight. Blecch.

Aside from beingcliche-ridden, OMC is SO not Madonna- she explained that she had heard those words from men, but, still, doesn't take away from the fact that it's uber-wussy- again, very unlike Madge.

"Dear Jessie" is a childhood track, I don't find it cheesy at all. It's fantastic, and one of the best-produced tracks of her career (fitting, as it's from her best album).

"True Blue" is kinda cheesy, even if going by title alone. But, it's cute- we should give her a break, as she doesn't do many tracks of that nature ("Cherish" is along that vein, but even better than TB- Madge said she wrote "Cherish" when she was in a happy state, that she knew wouldn't last lol).

"Jimmy Jimmy" and "Love Makes the World Go Round" aren't among her greatest tracks, and they may contain some cheese, but they at least they're kinda fun, not like a OMC.