5 Years Ago Today - S&S Part II Begins in London

Jamesy

My first M concert... came from Canada to see it. :laugh: The use of Marilyn Minter's projections for Candy Shop was reason enough to re-film the second leg. Still waiting on the videos Guy Oseary promised to post from the 2.0 performances...

I saw the first leg in Berlin (what a terrible audience) and the second in Manchester. Second leg definitely the best, with no terrible rock version of Hung Up.

Wow, 5 years??? My gosh, how the time flies by!!!

What I really love about S&S Part 2 is her playfulness, she was in a great mood for most of the concerts which made the show more fun too. By comparison, she was rather cold in many shows of the 2008 leg (which is understandable of course, due to the circumstances).

M also replaced the few duds with more fun and edgier songs (e.g. Holiday) and with the Frozen performance she perfected the Rave segment IMO!

Yep, love it. I always liked S&S anyway, yeah the show was imperfect in a few aspects and not the theatrical quality we were used to, but omg it was so much FUN! And the second leg took it to an even higher level!

Oh and Wright, why did you go to Germany for a pop concert in the first place? Let me tell you, generally speaking German audiences always suck! :lol:

yeah the show was imperfect in a few aspects and not the theatrical quality we were used to

It wasn't? I always took the Sticky & Sweet tour to be more of a 'concert' style of show... and she hadn't done one in a while like that... it was kind of refreshing... I feel like the quality was certainly there, it just had a different feel...looser, and lighter.

It's been 5 years.... Holy Shit.

Oh and Wright, why did you go to Germany for a pop concert in the first place? Let me tell you, generally speaking German audiences always suck! :lol:

We spend a few weekends a year in Berlin so thought I would combine my favourite city in the world with Madonna. I did not expect the audience to be such a dud.

Still in love with Berlin though. Just not for a concert.

For me I just can't comprehend how much better the tour was in 2009.

I have a serious problem with Sticky & Sweet - still to this day have never watched the dvd whole way thru ONCE! Which is quite incredible for a longtime fan to say. Awful in the extreme is how I see that tour.

Yet a handful of changes in 2009 kinda transformed it a bit. Didn't make it great - but those 3 new songs were worthy of any of her decent tours IMO.

Sorry to all the SS lovers.

S&S 2009 was so much better than 2008

also I disagree with Nonoka about the German audiences. I saw S&S 09 in Munich and the audience was fantastic

Jesus Luz was fucking her. She just had to be that happy and transformed!!!

But the concerts in Brazil, after 13 years without her were MAGICAL.

I saw all 5 concerts in Brazil.