IMO, These are Madonna's greatest albums

ryan

Guest Not4Pussies

It's just my opinion. This is an open forum, you have your opinion, and I have mine. No one is right or wrong.

Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue=mega hits galore

Like a Prayer, Erotica, Bedtime Stories=Very personal. She starts with LAP where it's the first time on an album where she gets personal. She does this again with BS. Erotica is almost of a conglomerate of the two, but more about her current state of mind.

Ray of Light, Music, and American Life=She reflects on life and fame

Confessions, Hard Candy, MDNA=I see these as a trilogy. Listen to HC and MDNA back to back then go back to COAD. She was confessing on COAD; she wasn't happy. HU isn't just some silly dance # that took her 5 mins to write in the back of the limo. She's fed up with her relationship and she needs an escape (read the writings in the special edition, it explains everything). She was rediscovering who was she was, she was beginning to remove the layers of clothing she had covered herself with throughout her marriage. HC had a lot of personal moments (moreso with the outtakes), more of a confessional than HC. It's interesting how originally in 'Is This Love' she still has hope that her marriage could work out. Yet in the reworked version that is 'Voices,' there is no hope, and she's okay with that. That relationship was meant to end, and it was going to end. The sound of the bell at the end of the song signifies the end of her marriage. And is it a coincidence or not that the beginning of the MDNA tour starts with a bell? Voices into MDNA is prob one of her greatest transitions in music.

Again, it's just my theory and how I see it. :)

I get it. I see it. I agree.

Like a Prayer, Erotica, Bedtime Stories

Promise to Try, Inside of Me, Bad Girl, Love Tried to Welcome Me, Till Death Us Part,

songs about death of mother, about unhappiness and despair, and the "bruises" of a marriage.

Also I really don't get why everybody always talks about Hard Candy like it's a break up album. MDNA yes but Hard Candy no. Also, two of her albums and tours which consisted heavily of religious themes (LAP/BAT and MDNA/MDNA) came after the break up of her two most dedicated relationships. I don't think that's a coincidence at all.

To me, Hard Candy was the beginning of her breakup. It's a divorce album. MDNA allowed her to address it so she could move on.

Like a Prayer, Erotica, Bedtime Stories

Promise to Try, Inside of Me, Bad Girl, Till Death Us Part, Love Tried to Welcome Me

songs about death of mother, about unhappiness and despair, and the "bruises" of a marriage.

I think we are gonna have to agree to disagree. I don't think there's any sequence like that but cool if you do. :-)

I think we are gonna have to agree to disagree. I don't think there's any sequence like that but cool if you do. :-)

I said that minutes ago beautiful! :)

To me, Hard Candy was the beginning of her breakup. It's a divorce album. MDNA allowed her to address it so she could move on.

1. "Candy Shop" Pharrell Williams, Madonna The Neptunes, Madonna[a] 4:16

2. "4 Minutes" (featuring Justin Timberlake and Timbaland) Madonna, Tim Mosley, Timberlake, Nate Hills Timbaland, Timberlake, Danja 4:04

3. "Give It 2 Me" Williams, Madonna The Neptunes, Madonna[a] 4:48

4. "Heartbeat" Williams, Madonna The Neptunes, Madonna[a] 4:04

5. "Miles Away" Madonna, Mosley, Timberlake, Hills Timbaland, Timberlake, Danja 4:49

6. "She's Not Me" Williams, Madonna The Neptunes, Madonna[a] 6:05

7. "Incredible" Williams, Madonna The Neptunes, Madonna[a] 6:20

8. "Beat Goes On" (featuring Kanye West) Williams, Madonna, West The Neptunes, Madonna[a] 4:27

9. "Dance 2night" (featuring Justin Timberlake) Madonna, Mosley, Timberlake, Hannon Lane Timbaland, Timberlake, Lane[a], Demo Castellon 5:03

10. "Spanish Lesson" Williams, Madonna The Neptunes, Madonna[a] 3:38

11. "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" Madonna, Mosley, Timberlake, Hills, Joe Henry Timbaland, Timberlake, Danja 5:09

12. "Voices" Madonna, Mosley, Timberlake, Hills, Lane Timbaland, Timberlake, Danja, Lane[a] 3:40

If you look at that track listing and tell me it speaks marital breakdown then you must be looking with tainted eyes. Especially when you consider that the majority of songs were written several years before the album was launched. I'd like you to tell me which songs speak divorce etcetera to you because I just don't really see it.

Guest Not4Pussies

Mdna is the post divorce album, I'm still angry at you for taking my money so let me take this anger out. It's also the album where madonna the bad girl came back in full force

Guest Not4Pussies

2. "4 Minutes" (featuring Justin Timberlake and Timbaland) Madonna, Tim Mosley, Timberlake, Nate Hills Timbaland, Timberlake, Danja 4:04

5. "Miles Away" Madonna, Mosley, Timberlake, Hills Timbaland, Timberlake, Danja 4:49

8. "Beat Goes On" (featuring Kanye West) Williams, Madonna, West The Neptunes, Madonna[a] 4:27

9. "Dance 2night" (featuring Justin Timberlake) Madonna, Mosley, Timberlake, Hannon Lane Timbaland, Timberlake, Lane[a], Demo Castellon 5:03

11. "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" Madonna, Mosley, Timberlake, Hills, Joe Henry Timbaland, Timberlake, Danja 5:09

12. "Voices" Madonna, Mosley, Timberlake, Hills, Lane Timbaland, Timberlake, Danja, Lane[a] 3:40

If you look at that track listing and tell me it speaks marital breakdown then you must be looking for tainted eyes. Especially when you consider that the majority of songs were written several years before the album was launched. I'd like you to tell me which songs speak divorce etcetera to you because I just don't really see it.

Oh come on Gugu, listen to incredible and then listen to best friend. Listen to devil, miles away and voices. It may not be a full out divorce album but it is definitely, madonna being on her own again because she is losing her best friend. It definitely shows they were separated by then.

If you look at that track listing and tell me it speaks marital breakdown then you must be looking for tainted eyes. Especially when you consider that the majority of songs were written several years before the album was launched. I'd like you to tell me which songs speak divorce etcetera to you because I just don't really see it.

Incredible. Miles Away. Devil Wouldn't Recognize You. Voices. Across The Sky. Pala Tute. BROKEN.

Even Beat Goes On (original)

I'm sorry, but her entire catalog is so immense and diverse. There's a song for every human emotion. She speaks from the heart. Each album is perfectly crafted from beginning to end.

Agree, agree, agree, agree, agree!! You read my mind.

...throw in I'm Breathless too for me. :)

ALWAYS LOVE YOU MORE MILES AWAY.

Apparently DWRY is not about Guy at all and I believe that. Across the sky is a song about how amazing love is. Broken and Beat goes on I don't see that way.

Incredible I can agree is definitely about a relationship beginning to dissolve. To me that doesn't say divorce album. I feel like it's more about an expression of ageing. Wanting to maintain romance. It's more about longing for something to carry on than it is about the end. To me the album is more about longing and enjoying the moment. It's like quiet hedonism...distracted.

GU I understand where u are coming from but girl it's a divorce album because she was done goin thru a damn divorce and gettin ARod dick

All the songs could've been about puppies and Sprite and I'd still call it a divorce album

As a world renowned authority on all things Sticky & Sweet, I can assure you that it aint entirely about Guy Ritchie.

Like GU, I too have always felt like Hard Candy was moreso about her perseverance & her battle with ageing. It's also an encouraging, motivational record that touches on the dangers of procrastination & wasting time. M-Dolla was like a personal trainer & the songs were her work-out instructions.

Candy Shop to the untrained ear is just vulgar fluff, but it's actually symbolic. Whatever you want, she'll have it 4 you. she's every woman. She's every flavor you'd like. She's EVERYTHING. Now literally... it IS a song about how her pussy game is still tight & right, which in itself is groundbreaking; how dare she proclaim her sexual prowess at 50! WERK YOU OLD BITCH!

GI2M, though masked as poppy, upbeat fun, its really her anti-ageism declaration of longevity & immortality. It's an anthem, really.

Beat Goes On is Madonna urging us, the listeners, to go on & get up & get out & do something. LOVE how she continually brings up the concept of time throughout the whole album: 'GET UP! IT'S TIME! ...The time is right now ...Stand in the back, or be the star.' -You get it!

4 Minutes is a direct message to the haters, those that question her actions & challenge her decisions: 'If I die tonight, at least I can say I did what I wanted to do. Tell me how about you!?' -Since music is her primary artform, she only has one song, one shot to get her message across/ save tha world! She's Wonder Woman and Justin's the rope. Gotta love the sense of urgency & alarm in those backing horns too!

Dance 2nite is definitely about letting go & enjoying the moment: 'You gotta move fast, fast, fast! If you want this good thing to last!' :wow:

I dunno what Voices is about cuz I hate Voices & only listened to it like twice in my whole life. Ugh. Hate it.

...I could go on & on & on.

I feel like HC was truly 'made' for my then-teenaged ears; I love a lot of her work, but lets be real, I'M YOUNG and I haven't experienced majority of what she sings about (I've never been a fortress one has had to burn, nor have I ever been in charge & treated my lover like a child, allowing him to go wild & put my mouth where I wanted to). This is the one Madonna album I can insert myself into, lyrically, and imagine as if she's directly singing to me. It's the album I relate to the most! Oh, lets not forget that the music itself was hot as fuck; Timbaland,Justin, Pharrell, Kanye!? Like, can life get any better? :wow:

See, everyone has a different opinion. Everyone connects to her music in their own way. That's the beauty of music and art. I love it!

See, everyone has a different opinion. Everyone connects to her music in their own way. That's the beauty of music and art. I love it!

Absolutely! No two Madonna fans are the same! :wow:

Take the cover for example; my mother, like most people, instantly though it was too vulgar, too harsh, too much! Me? I was DRAWN to it! The NERVE of this bitch to be PERCHED at 50 years old, legs spread, mouth open suggestively, pale skin contrasting against that vibrant peppermint wall... WHATS NOT TO LIKE!? It's raunchy done right dammit.

tumblr_mv5t43jrR51qadaewo1_500.jpg

ICONIC

Guest Not4Pussies

As a world renowned authority on all things Sticky & Sweet, I can assure you that it aint entirely about Guy Ritchie.

Like GU, I too have always felt like Hard Candy was moreso about her perseverance & her battle with ageing. It's also an encouraging, motivational record that touches on the dangers of procrastination & wasting time. M-Dolla was like a personal trainer & the songs were her work-out instructions.

Candy Shop to the untrained ear is just vulgar fluff, but it's actually symbolic. Whatever you want, she'll have it 4 you. she's every woman. She's every flavor you'd like. She's EVERYTHING. Now literally... it IS a song about how her pussy game is still tight & right, which in itself is groundbreaking; how dare she proclaim her sexual prowess at 50! WERK YOU OLD BITCH!

GI2M, though masked as poppy, upbeat fun, its really her anti-ageism declaration of longevity & immortality. It's an anthem, really.

Beat Goes On is Madonna urging us, the listeners, to go on & get up & get out & do something. LOVE how she continually brings up the concept of time throughout the whole album: 'GET UP! IT'S TIME! ...The time is right now ...Stand in the back, or be the star.' -You get it!

4 Minutes is a direct message to the haters, those that question her actions & challenge her decisions: 'If I die tonight, at least I can say I did what I wanted to do. Tell me how about you!?' -Since music is her primary artform, she only has one song, one shot to get her message across/ save tha world! She's Wonder Woman and Justin's the rope. Gotta love the sense of urgency & alarm in those backing horns too!

Dance 2nite is definitely about letting go & enjoying the moment: 'You gotta move fast, fast, fast! If you want this good thing to last!' :wow:

I dunno what Voices is about cuz I hate Voices & only listened to it like twice in my whole life. Ugh. Hate it.

...I could go on & on & on.

I feel like HC was truly 'made' for my then-teenaged ears; I love a lot of her work, but lets be real, I'M YOUNG and I haven't experienced majority of what she sings about (I've never been a fortress one has had to burn, nor have I ever been in charge & treated my lover like a child, allowing him to go wild & put my mouth where I wanted to). This is the one Madonna album I can insert myself into, lyrically, and imagine as if she's directly singing to me. It's the album I relate to the most! Oh, lets not forget that the music itself was hot as fuck; Timbaland,Justin, Pharrell, Kanye!? Like, can life get any better? :wow:

i like this too. very much.

I NEVER IN MY LIFE SAID THAT!

THAT WAS ADREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYAN!

I FUCKING LOVE EROTICA! :inlove:It's even in my Top 3 Madonna albums.

Was it Adreeyen? That little jerk! :lol:

I'm kidding, but seriously, how can you NOT love Erotica? It's just perfection. :inlove: