Your favorite Madonna memories

Bill

220px-Madonna_-_The_Immaculate_Collection.png

buying the immaculate collection on cassette as a kid after a salesclerk recommended it

went back the week after and picked up the first album, like a virgin, and you can dance

listened to them everyday on my way to school

112779599.jpg

got my first discman and cd stereo system around 95 but couldn't find bedtime on cd

so this bootleg + the immaculate collection were my first

These are great. I bought a bootleg of Girlie Show too, but it wasn't that one. I remember seeing "Words" on the tracklisting in the store and being SO EXCITED that maybe she sang it at a different concert than what was aired on HBO, and being SO DISAPPOINTED that it was actually "The Beast Within" when I listened to it. :lol:

Your intro to Madonna seems a lot like mine. Summer of 1991, I was 12 and of course I knew who she was, but not much else. I'd heard Vogue and liked it, so I picked up The Immaculate Collection. I'd been listening to it quite a bit, and around the time my birthday rolled around, a couple friends got me "True Blue" and "Like a Virgin" on cassette. I was hooked! I remember sitting in the rocking chair on my front porch, listening to True Blue on my walkman, STARING at the album cover. I was mesmerized, I couldn't look away. I thought, WHO IS THIS WOMAN?? SHE IS SOMEBODY SPECIAL. I had no idea...

July 21, 2001? Holy shit! (gives secret handshake) Were you on the floor? I was stage-left, section 116. Ditto on the shock of hearing "You'll See"

Yep, on the floor. I got those tickets through an AOL presale, if I remember correctly. So cool that we were both there!!

Like a Virgin on Top of the Pops 1984

Into the Groove being Number One and Holiday Number 2, 1985 she was everywhere

Live to Tell video - transformation

Who's That Girl Movie- I fucking love it to this day and loads of friends my age do too!

The Virgin Tour on VHS

The Chart Show on ITV cutting EY after the dance at the top of the stairs because it was raunchy and having to wait to see the full video on MTV

1990 - The Summer of Blond Ambition

Erotica

Going to The Girlie Show for my 16th birthday

Hearing tracks fromROL on Radio 1 on a long drive home on a Sunday before the album came out and being mesmerised

There are more

Watching MTV Brazil in 2003, I don't remember the day, but it was all Madonna all day celebrating her 30-year career. I didn't know much about her back then. The hightlight was the ultrasound documentary.

20-year-career you mean.

Madonna LOOKING directly to me at the SS Tour summed up everything she meant to me till that point. It was like a vision of GOD.