EROTICA / SEX: The Official 20th Anniversary Celebration Thread.

Mattress

Here's another one I've uploaded from my old VHS tapes. :D

Sex was released on October 21, 1992 --24 hours after Erotica-- and MTV's Day In Rock news program was rechristened 'Day In Madonna' to accomodate the hoopla surrounding the release of both.

Day In Rock was a short lived offshoot of MTV's weekly news digest Week In Rock that aired during the early '90s.

Sex therapists? Check.
Dominatrixes? Check.
Naff '92-ers who had no idea what to make of Sex? Check.

There's bad, audible karaoke and Halloween-ish "lookalikes" to boot ...and everyone involved is just trying so damn hard to sound intelligent.

"If you spend fifty dollas, you're not really getting whatchoo think you're getting!!"
:rotfl:

A small part of me wonders what each and every one of them are up to 20 years later.

Naomi dishes. Alek gets it right. I think Daria narrates the first segment on the Erotica album.

Near and dear to my heart are the shots of HMV overflowing with promotional posters, flats and huge stacks of Erotica and Immaculate Collection CD's in longboxes, all fresh and ready for public consumption. :inlove:

Enjoy! :)

So hard to find physical copies these days. Target, Best Buy, Walmart only stock the past 3 albums. FYE even stocks maxi singles from the past 12 years, but not her 80's or 90's albums. They do have used copies of things, but no Erotica.

I want a new copy. I guess the only option is to purchase it off online. Might as well just get the re-release vinyl instead.

This drives me crazy too. It's even getting difficult to find the new stuff.

New copies of Erotica on CD are $9.22 on Amazon right now if you want to go that route. :erotica:

Wow, what an amazing thread - can't believe I didn't see it until now! :wow:

Thanks so much for all the info and all the clips, Mattress :thumbsup:

And that photo of Miguel ... don't do this to me :dramatic:

A portion of the cassette insert... EYEBROWS!

erotica_cassette_madonna_Scan10055.jpg

(thanks Pud)

Wow, what an amazing thread - can't believe I didn't see it until now! :wow:

Thanks so much for all the info and all the clips, Mattress :thumbsup:

:asian:

Printers proof for the CD, CD longbox and cassette artwork:

423716_3533761024126_963634840_n.jpg

Not really sure how this works as the longboxes were printed on thick, cardboard stock (like cassette single and 'standard' CD single sleeves from that era), and cassette inserts were typically printed on different paper than CD's. It still looks groovy. :smoke:

My God, that MTV news clip, the mag covers, the stores covered in M merch ... I remember it all. It was such a wild time but I didn't really realize it until after the fact. As a middle school kid, I learned a lot from M that year :)