Should Madonna take a break?

Guest Madlover033003

Guest Madlover033003

She needs some time to get creative again. We need another amazing - and i do mean AMAZING (like ROL, LAP) - album. Yeah her last few albums have been good, but i know she can do so much better. what do you think?

Guest SuperBriGuy

I think that the new deal with LN may help rejuvenate her a little bit. It's a big change, and she's the sort of creative force that thrives on changing (obviously, how else would she have gotten known as being the queen of reinvention?). I think she'll thrive in the next few years and it'll show in her work.

She needs some time to get creative again. We need another amazing - and i do mean AMAZING (like ROL, LAP) - album. Yeah her last few albums have been good, but i know she can do so much better. what do you think?

I think she should start her next tour already. :shock: I want to see the bitch again damnit!

I do think she should tone it down next record in terms of thrusting her cunt all over the place and go in a totally new direction. I loved Hard Candy. Still think the album is fun as hell to listen to. I was with the people that were praising Madonna for dressing like a skank and showing skin at 50. Break down those age barriers woman!!!! Show those sexy legs!!!! For god sake cover up this veiny steroid arms though. I was with the movement, but now enough is enough. Im ready for a drastic change again. But at the end of the day she is going to do whatever the hell she wants, and I am sure I will end up liking it anyway.

Guest Madlover033003

see i got tired of hard candy. i've never gotten tired of one of her albums before. but its pretty generic. i miss her creative days

Guest SuperBriGuy

I think she should start her next tour already. :shock: I want to see the bitch again damnit!

I do think she should tone it down next record in terms of thrusting her cunt all over the place and go in a totally new direction. I loved Hard Candy. Still think the album is fun as hell to listen to. I was with the people that were praising Madonna for dressing like a skank and showing skin at 50. Break down those age barriers woman!!!! Show those sexy legs!!!! For god sake cover up this veiny steroid arms though. I was with the movement, but now enough is enough. Im ready for a drastic change again. But at the end of the day she is going to do whatever the hell she wants, and I am sure I will end up liking it anyway.

:lol:

And I am the saaaaame way. At the end of the day I'll end up liking whatever she puts out, regardless...because somehow she always hooks me. She's got some charisma out the yin-yang.

Guest SuperBriGuy

see i got tired of hard candy. i've never gotten tired of one of her albums before. but its pretty generic. i miss her creative days

You know, I think she tried something new and it didn't work out as well as she had hoped...not that the album was a failure or bad, far from either. But knowing Madonna, the next album will be a polar opposite from her last. She'll find a new spin on something and completely make it hers.

:blink: Wait, weren't you the one who LOVED it initially and told all of us weary of her hip-hop collaborators that we were belly-aching for no reason?

I don't think the cunt thrusting and pussy itching are going anytime soon :rotfl:

and no matter what she does , i'm sure i will love it

I want to see Madonna dig deep inside again. Like after having Lola it inspired her to do Ray of Light and go in that direction. She developed a new way of thinking and it inspired a classic album. You would think with all the stuff she saw in Malawi it would have inspired her in a drastic new direction again. I dont know if that makes sense. Dont really know what I am saying. :lol: I just have this notion that where you are at in your life should reflect itself in your art, and I just dont see how adopting two kids and taking on a cause like Malawi where she has seen horrific things translates to Madonna humping the air in her latest video and making more fluff pop songs.

I guess what I am trying to say is with all these deep and important issues she has taken on, you would think it would translate itself into deeper more thought provoking muisc. And maybe it will still. I dont know whats ahead.

And I know I will get people on here saying "JUST BECAUSE MADONNA IS SAVING KIDS DOES NOT MEAN SHE STILL CANT JUST WANNA DANCE AND THRUST HER COOCHIE AT US!!!!"

And I get that. But this is how I feel.

The funny thing is though, she has never really "taken a break" - even right before she put out her best albums.

She was in Speed the Plow for most of 1988 (either rehearsing for or actually performing in the show) and she managed to write and record the kick-ass Like A Prayer. And with Ray of Light, she was doing Evita promotion right up until January 1997 and performed at the Oscars that March (and appeared at the Elizabeth Taylor tribute), but was able to start writing for Ray of Light that very spring.

She knows how to multi-task. I agree with William Orbit - Madonna is brilliant and she knows when it's time to pull another one out of the hat. I think she does her best when she's plugged in and engaged to a strong set of creative ideas.

Guest SuperBriGuy

And that's usually the waiting period for a new Madonna album, about two to two and a half years. And that's cool; it gives her time to really let her creative juices start flowing. :thumbsup: But I agree, I really wish she'd put some pants on or something. She's been about as bad as Lady Gaga about not wearing 'em.

I blame the leotard. Everyone thought it was hot at the time and now she's regressed into the notion that we are still interested in her clunge.

Unless it's the source of her music, i don't give a shit.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I'm over this whole, brave cougar, kissing young men in video clips, pussy rotate shit. It's not 1992 anymore, move on already, it's over. It's not sexy, it's boring and predictably mid life crisis of her. She's better than that desperate shit.

Hopefully the next album gives us something a bit more meaty.

Guest SuperBriGuy

I blame the leotard. Everyone thought it was hot at the time and now she's regressed into the notion that we are still interested in her clunge.

Unless it's the source of her music, i don't give a shit.

Well it's certainly been the focal point a couple of times...lol.

I'm over this whole, brave cougar, kissing young men in video clips, pussy rotate shit. It's not 1992 anymore, move on already, it's over. It's not sexy, it's boring and predictably mid life crisis of her. She's better than that desperate shit.

Hopefully the next album gives us something a bit more meaty.

While I agree we could all use an album that has a soul, I wonder if I might put forth an idea about the sexual stuff - what if that is genuinely how she is feeling right now? What if she isn't desperate but thinking, "I just got out of an 8 year marriage and I want to have some fun!" To many (especially those in the media and general public) she is desperate. But I can't help but think on some level this woman just wants to feel good right now and doesn't want confinement.

I also think that it has to be hard for someone who is 50 to express their sexuality (and let's face it, a good deal of what Madonna expresses becomes public) without being labeled pathetic. I am pretty sure all of us will still want to fuck and talk about fucking when we are old too. Madonna just has the added dimensions of being an artist and celebrity, so it finds its way into her work.

I, for one, love the demure, lady-like Madonna and slutty, gutter queen Madonna equally. And sure, something different would be refreshing next time around. But I don't want this bitch permanently turning into Celine on me. There are quite enough pop divas who will be sitting at the "Dusty Vaginas table" in 10+ years, there is no need for her to be one of them.

I agree with Nightshade that I love Madge's sexual side still. She's right in the way that we live in an ageist society, where people (especially women) over a certain age are tabooed from anything sexual or exciting. She's one of the people fighting against that, and that's why I love her. Do I like her being insightful and serious too? Yes, but I don't want her to turn in her panties yet because she's over the hill.

Anyway, I think she should take a break if she feels tired and worn out. If she still feels that she can keep going, then I say go for it. I'd love to hear a rock/dance album for her first Live Nation album.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

If she's feeling like that, great. It looks a bit silly at times though. Why do we have to either go DEMUR or SLUTTY? it isn't about that, is there no in between?. She has a natural sex appeal to her that doesn't need to be pushed out there like a 21 year old, you can see it when she's on stage.

This other stuff though, it's just tacky and fug. There's nothing "wow" or "oohhhh" about any of it. All this "Madonna is just sexual!" rubbish is just a stupid excuse for her to gyrate around like a tosser with a bunch of 20 year old dancers to appeal to the kiddies.

I find her sexiness at the moment completely uninteresting. That's just my take on it though. Some seem happy with it on here, so...

Guest bluejean

I think a new album should come out late 2010, by this time it will have been 2 1/2 years between albums. That's also a year long break between the tour ending and a new album coming out, if you want to call that a break it's up to you but I don't think she should sit an twiddle her thumbs for 3 years if that is what you mean.

As for the direction, I think something personal and striking is in order to show people she is a serious artist again. It doesn't have to be a Ray of light or a Like a prayer, but something that shows some creativity will do wonders for her career. Yes, Confessions and Hard Candy were great, but another bubble gum generic album is likely to sink at this point. And NO duets or guest appearances this time.

I think the problem is that every time Madonna starts working on a new album, too many of her fans want another Like a Prayer/Ray of Light. Both of those albums came from an honest, organic crossroads in her life and career. Like a Prayer seemed to be inspired by the introspection that comes from a failing marriage and turning thirty. Ray of Light came from the personal and professional milestones of having gotten to successfully play Evita and becoming a mother. History has shown us that some sort of life-shattering, eye-opening, or enlightening experience has to take place for Madonna to get in *that* kind of a creative mood. She can't forge that sort of thing. That was the problem with American Life. I think she approached that project with the intent of creating another seminally abstract work (ala LAP and ROL) and during the process discovered that she wasn't particularly inspired, had nothing to draw from, and attempted to wing it for the rest of the way through. When Madonna tries to be "creative" and off-kilter, it can be a train wreck. And when she tries to please fans by giving them what she thinks they want to hear, it rings insincere. For the next album, Madonna should do whatever it is she wants to do. If it were up to me, she'd go back to pre-1998, and just do music that sounds good to her...not try to stomp out new territory for the sake of being "creative," high brow or to impress. Maybe without that kind of pretentious pressure on her back she'll inadvertently do something especially "creative" again. In the meantime, fans need to quit begging for Ray of Light part 12, or expecting her to reinvent the wheel with every new release.

OOOOH CONTROVERSIAL THREAD :rolleyes:

But anyway, I'm all for sexual Madonna but why does sexual mean pussy popping all over the place? It's such an obvious and unimaginative interpretation of being sexual. Erotica was sexual. Bedtime Stories was sexy. And they didnt fall into the trap of cooch rubbing and humping the leg of a 20 year old to appear so.