Stage for Madonna's show in Marseilles collapses, two dead

Guest ursaminorjim

Guest ursaminorjim

Stage for Madonna show collapses, one dead

MARSEILLE, France (Reuters) – A stage being constructed for a Madonna concert collapsed in the southern French city of Marseille on Thursday, killing one person and injuring six, police said.

Technicians were setting up the stage at the Velodrome stadium, home to the Olympique Marseille soccer team, ahead of a July 19 concert when it collapsed.

No further details were immediately available.

from ansa.it

"PARIGI - Una persona è morta e due sono rimaste gravemente ferite per un crollo durante l'allestimento del palco nello stadio di Marsiglia per il concerto di Madonna previsto domenica prossima. Lo hanno reso noto fonti della polizia. "

From bbc

A stage being constructed for a concert by pop star Madonna in France has collapsed, killing one person and injuring six, police say.

Technicians were setting up the stage at the Velodrome stadium in Marseille when the accident occurred at around 1715 (1515 GMT).

The concert, planned for Sunday, 19 July, has now been cancelled, officials announced.

It was part of the European leg of the Madonna's Sticky and Sweet tour.

fro ansa.it

"PARIGI - Una persona è morta e due sono rimaste gravemente ferite per un crollo durante l'allestimento del palco nello stadio di Marsiglia per il concerto di Madonna previsto domenica prossima. Lo hanno reso noto fonti della polizia. "

Basically the article says that 1 person died while building Madonna’s stage in Marseille and 2 others are severely injured …… so sad

Is she alright ?

Horrible news.

I think it's likely that she will cancel not only this one but also a couple of shows now...

why this? right now I fear I will not be able to see her in Bucharest, I hope no other concerts will be canceled. :(

Guest gloriesbarcelona

Oh my god!!!!!!

This is just terrible!!!!

My thoughts to the family, horrible. Madonna must be devasted...