Latin American dates - ALL SOLD OUT and more dates popping!

Guest Hafo

lasegunda.com

Government gives in and offers up National Stadium for Madonna concert

Viernes 13 de Junio de 2008

Fuente: El Mercurio Online

The government spokesperson, Francisco Vidal, announced the decision this morning.

SANTIAGO.- In less than 24 hours, the government has changed its mind and now says it will allow the National Stadium to be used for Madonna’s upcoming concert in Chile. The decision was announced this morning by the spokesperson for the government administration, Francisco Vidal, after he met with the sub secretary of Chiledeportes, Jaime Pizarro, and Deputies Álvaro Escobar and Marco Enríquez-Ominami to address the issue.

“Madonna will perform, because it works with another event that Jaime (Pizarro) had with the Telethon, who had asked to reserve the stadium during the end of November, and you can all understand that the Telethon holds first priority, but it is possible as long as the agreements reached with Chiledeportes are complied with.” announced Vidal.

“Now, even I am excited about Madonna, she is coming, and I’ll see you on December 10th in the National Stadium as well”, added the minister.

The controversy over the use of the Nuñoa facility for non-athletic type activities returned with a vengeance yesterday after Vidal backed Chiledeportes´ decision not to offer up the location for the “material girl”.

lasegunda.com

Government gives in and offers up National Stadium for Madonna concert

Viernes 13 de Junio de 2008

Fuente: El Mercurio Online

The government spokesperson, Francisco Vidal, announced the decision this morning.

SANTIAGO.- In less than 24 hours, the government has changed its mind and now says it will allow the National Stadium to be used for Madonna’s upcoming concert in Chile. The decision was announced this morning by the spokesperson for the government administration, Francisco Vidal, after he met with the sub secretary of Chiledeportes, Jaime Pizarro, and Deputies Álvaro Escobar and Marco Enríquez-Ominami to address the issue.

“Madonna will perform, because it works with another event that Jaime (Pizarro) had with the Telethon, who had asked to reserve the stadium during the end of November, and you can all understand that the Telethon holds first priority, but it is possible as long as the agreements reached with Chiledeportes are complied with.” announced Vidal.

“Now, even I am excited about Madonna, she is coming, and I’ll see you on December 10th in the National Stadium as well”, added the minister.

The controversy over the use of the Nuñoa facility for non-athletic type activities returned with a vengeance yesterday after Vidal backed Chiledeportes´ decision not to offer up the location for the “material girl”.

The show is scheduled on December 10th :thumbsup:

Guest boytoyville

I don't know why Chile made a big ass deal about giving up their stadium. I mean why do they need a stadium for a telethon? Also, didn't Robbie Williams perform there? They didn't seem to have a problem with that! :crazy:

I don't know why Chile made a big ass deal about giving up their stadium. I mean why do they need a stadium for a telethon? Also, didn't Robbie Williams perform there? They didn't seem to have a problem with that! :crazy:

It's not Chile, it's just the opposition parties to the Government...as usual. :dramatic:

Great for Chile! Dec 10 fits well in the current LatAm schedule. So it looks it'll be Mexico City, then Buenos Aires, then Santiago, then Sao Paulo/Rio.

I hope they pick the Azteca Stadium for the Mexico City gig :D

Guest boytoyville

FINALLY MADONNA.COM CONFIRMS SHOW IN MEXICO!!!!

June 14, 2008

Madonna To Perform In Mexico City On November 29

We are happy to announce that a new city was just added to the "Sticky & Sweet Tour" itinerary.

Madonna will perform at Mexico City's Foro Sol on Saturday, November 29. Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, Jun 25, at 11am Local Time, while a devoted fan club presale will start on Thursday, June 19, at 11am, LOCAL TIME.

Guest Strike_a_pose
FINALLY MADONNA.COM CONFIRMS SHOW IN MEXICO!!!!

, while a devoted fan club presale will start on Thursday, June 19, at 11am, LOCAL TIME.

What are they refering to?????

Ticketmaster still not showing anything :americanlife:

I DEMAND special packages including a quesadilla and a Peñafiel in a plastic bag :1251:

Jajajaja was that an ALBUR? ;)

Any updated news from South America? Can't believe the amount of speculation on the press!

Small article on possible ticket prices:

500 pesos para ver a Madonna en Buenos Aires

La diva del pop mundial Madonna visitará nuestro país los días 4, 5 y 7 de diciembre y según trascendió en las últimas horas, las entradas para los conciertos rondarían los trescientos pesos el campo y quinientos las plateas.

Cabe aclarar que todavía se estudia en que lugar tocará la cantante norteamericana ya que todavía no está confirmado que sea en el Estadio de River Plate.

La intérprete de éxitos como “Like a virgin”, “Frozen” y “Material Girl” se encuentra presentando su más reciente material discográfico “Hard Candy” en el marco de la gira “Sticky and sweet”.

http://www.infobae.com/notas/nota.php?Idx=...mp;IdxSeccion=0

GA 300 pesos(close to u$s100)

Stands 500 pesos

I was expecting a lot more...

• 3 weeks later...

From Live Nation:

According to Live Nation, Madonna has already sold more than 1 million tickets for the tour with just 42 shows on sale. She opens with 17 shows in Europe, followed by 28 in North America, two in Mexico City and eight in South America. Thirteen shows have not gone on sale yet: three in Europe, two in the U.S. and all eight in South America (four in Brazil, two in Argentina and two in Chile), which will take place from December 3-21.

Guest valhum
From Live Nation:

According to Live Nation, Madonna has already sold more than 1 million tickets for the tour with just 42 shows on sale. She opens with 17 shows in Europe, followed by 28 in North America, two in Mexico City and eight in South America. Thirteen shows have not gone on sale yet: three in Europe, two in the U.S. and all eight in South America (four in Brazil, two in Argentina and two in Chile), which will take place from December 3-21.

How cool for the kids down there :electropop::thumbsup:

I wonder what 2 other US cities are in ????