How I miss the good videos!

Guest valhum

Cherish is an amazingly beautiful video, but it was done on the cheap. FACT.

Her outfits for GI2M (which I LOVE) probably cost more than all of the fins for Cherish :lol:

Jump is a piece of shit. :thumbsup:

A good example of how you can make a classic with little money and a lot of creativity. Someone needs to remind her.

PRONTO!!

GI2M, well, the only good thing about that video is that she looks good, other than that it just goes into the forgotten section of Madonna's videos which seems to be growing A LOT lately :(

I cannot believe that I am even saying this but hopefully Madonna does something like Gaga's Bad Romance video, something cool, odd and hot..........ouch it hurt writing that lol :lol:

Seriously, it annoys me that her videos are what Madonna used to be famous for =S

There goes all your shitty nonsense that videos are not important anymore blah blah :lol:

I really think her upcoming Live Nation era will spark a major return to her video vanguard roots.

I will let you fuck me bareback and no lubricant if that happens :lol:

you know, i would rather prefer she makes no videos if she cant make a good one

You know, some people might come here and screm SHITTY FAN!!! for not wanting videos from our GODDESS!! but i can see your point and I kinda agree. She has such a huge catalog and she was the GREAT VIDEO MAKER and now they are just pure crap. Do we want to see her legacy keep getting watered down and down or we just left us with a great taste of mouth?

Guest bluejean

I cannot believe that I am even saying this but hopefully Madonna does something like Gaga's Bad Romance video, something cool, odd and hot..........ouch it hurt writing that lol :lol:

No way. Whatever she does next, she needs to be drawing a distinct line between herself and Gaga. Gaga is flavour of the month, and happens to be hugely comparable to Madonna to the public. So its best she seperates herself from that and does something uniquely Madonna. Madonna has been many things, and 'odd' has never been one of them. No weird Marilyn Manson facial expressions or stupid props covering her face please :crazy:

No way. Whatever she does next, she needs to be drawing a distinct line between herself and Gaga. Gaga is flavour of the month, and happens to be hugely comparable to Madonna to the public. So its best she seperates herself from that and does something uniquely Madonna. Madonna has been many things, and 'odd' has never been one of them. No weird Marilyn Manson facial expressions or stupid props covering her face please :crazy:

Oh of course, I do not mean a complete rip off, she does need to mark a huge difference and come with something awesome like her tour videos

Guest bluejean

Oh of course, I do not mean a complete rip off, she does need to mark a huge difference and come with something awesome like her tour videos

That Die Another Day video would have been the perfect concept for Give It 2 Me.

I think she just needs to do something memorable with a point to it. 'American Life' was the last decent video really.

That Die Another Day video would have been the perfect concept for Give It 2 Me.

I think she just needs to do something memorable with a point to it. 'American Life' was the last decent video really.

Oh that DAD video was AWESOME!!!

Guest Madlover033003

You know, some people might come here and screm SHITTY FAN!!! for not wanting videos from our GODDESS!! but i can see your point and I kinda agree. She has such a huge catalog and she was the GREAT VIDEO MAKER and now they are just pure crap. Do we want to see her legacy keep getting watered down and down or we just left us with a great taste of mouth?

exactly. its so apparent when you watch the Celebration dvd. its goes downhill so quick on disc 2

Well i've made a thread about this in the past because I too was frustrated with the lack of great video's on M's part in the last few years. However, I'm over it at this point. M just can't be bothered with making great video's anymore. All of M's hard work and creativity goes into her live performances now and i've accepted that.

Well i've made a thread about this in the past because I too was frustrated with the lack of great video's on M's part in the last few years. However, I'm over it at this point. M just can't be bothered with making great video's anymore. All of M's hard work and creativity goes into her live performances now and i've accepted that.

I guess I am not in that point hehe it still frustrates me hehe

Guest Revolvic

the lady gaga/madonna comparisons in the press get on my nerves. then again, it's true, gaga does what madonna used to do: impress with video imagery.

the only difference is: madonna mostly had a POINT, gaga does it for the "wtf"-effect (björk minus her spirit). marilyn manson-ish as someone said before.

madonna needs a MESSAGE - and the will to spend money on visuals for -cough- youtube. unlikely to me and it's sad, sad ,sad.

btw, cherish is a masterpiece. little effort, huge effect. as mentioend before, it did enhance the song.

not the case with M's recent videos. (the dance moves? hello? fire the choreographer! lol)

I really think her upcoming Live Nation era will spark a major return to her video vanguard roots.

I don't think it will happen because both sides feel that she has nothing to prove at this point. The reason they won't is because in the end it doesn't matter. If she puts out amazing videos or if she puts out mediocre videos, the end result will be the same. Her tours will still sell the same. She doesn't even need to release music anymore. She can easily milk her music catalog for her future tours. Its probably why she also doesn't do promo anymore.

Guest Revolvic

Oh what dance moves?!? She's been doing the same thing since 2001 :lol:

haha, kinda true. i didn't mind the yoging. but in celebration, what is all that half assed shaking and the coochie move about...i don't get it. i felt a little embarrassed when i saw that. madonna, more GROOVE less CROTCH! :vogue: