US Chart Talk: 10/24/09

thebigham

Guest nothingfails0603

Touring won't fizzle out in the next 10 years. Or IMO ever. Why will people want to stop going out to see live music?

I agree. Touring is the one constant the industry can bet on.... which is why Live Nation is who is making the huge contracts these days instead of the labels. Madonna's next album can struggle to reach gold status but when it comes time to hit the road, she'll continue to pack them in.

The only thing I hope for is that she NEVER becomes The Rolling Stones (whose albums bomb but tours do well) and her shows become endless Greatest Hits jukeboxes while no effort or care go into the new material. That is precisely what happened to them eventually when they realized their tours make more money than their albums. To them it's "who wants to hear new songs when we can play Jumpin' Jack Flash and Start Me Up for the 3000th time"

Guest Danny86

^I don't think that'll happen, it doesn't seem like she could do tours with only doing hits. Like I said in another thread, she might start premiering music on tours even before it's on sale, that's her way. Even on RIT she included half of AL and some random non-hit choices like "Lament". On the other hand, it does seem like she only wants to sing the same 8-10 hits even though she has so much more...