LOS ANGELES - November 6 - PRESS Reports/Reviews/Pics

moe

Pics of "celebrities" attending the gig:

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/celebritie...eles-gig-208857

Celebrities Flock to Madonna’s Los Angeles Gig

It’s the concert that everybody has been talking about all week, and last night Madonna’s Dodger Stadium gig was well-attended by some of Hollywood’s top celebrities. Of course, it didn’t hurt that Madge announced that she’d be welcoming guest performers Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake to her stage.

Madonna + Britney + Justin = LA Sticky Sweet Magic

madonnabritney__oPt.jpg

A-MA-ZING!

The stars weren't only in the audience at Madonna's Sticky Sweet LA concert on Thursday.

The rumors actually turned out to be true!! Both Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake hit the Sticky Sweet stage!

BritBrit made her appearance in the third song of the show. She joined her Madgesty on stage for a few moments during the song Human Nature.

Click

to see a clip.

Brit looked FABULOUS!

And, not too surprising, J.T. reclaimed his spot next to M for their hit song 4 Minutes.

Click here to check out Madge and Justin do their thing.

Madonna also took a few moments to get political.

The crowd reportedly went wild when she paid tribute to new President-elect Barack Obama.

She also slammed the passage of California's Proposition 8, which bans gay marriage and pledged her support for the fight for equality for all.

M said, "If we can have an African-American in the White House, we can have gay marriage."

Equality is a right, not a privilege. Fight on, y'all.

Madonna's new boy toy, A-Rod, was also spotted in the audience.

Their romance is sizzling from coast to coast! :chuckle:

We're going to see Madonna in Vegas this weekend. We are beyond excited!

http://perezhilton.com/2008-11-07-madonna-...cky-sweet-magic

Guest Pud Whacker
:shock: PUD!!! my idol!! :bow: the real forum god...is back!! :horny: behold!! :drama:

:rotfl:

aw, youre so cool. los angeles was filled with madonna energy. from the streets to the stadium. she was fantastic, as always. just humble and gracious to her fans and gave her all. it was wonderful. :thumbsup:

aw, youre so cool. los angeles was filled with madonna energy. from the streets to the stadium. she was fantastic, as always. just humble and gracious to her fans and gave her all. it was wonderful. :thumbsup:

i looked for u?!?!?!? where were u?!??!

Guest Pud Whacker
i looked for u?!?!?!? where were u?!??!

:lol: i jsut replied in the other thread!!! we were in F16 right behind the F6? was F6 where JNo was? i said int heother thread i think i saw yo uwalk by, was your hair over to one side? i think i saw you frombehind. the only one i saw as heather. which was kind of a bummer (not to see heather, thats always a pleassure) but not to see my LA peeps. allessandro, you, raul, boy skef, just everyone. that place was MASSIVE.

:lol: i jsut replied in the other thread!!! we were in F16 right behind the F6? was F6 where JNo was? i said int heother thread i think i saw yo uwalk by, was your hair over to one side? i think i saw you frombehind. the only one i saw as heather. which was kind of a bummer (not to see heather, thats always a pleassure) but not to see my LA peeps. allessandro, you, raul, boy skef, just everyone. that place was MASSIVE.

i agree! its not a Madonna show if Kat & Pud dont meet up!! LOL. i met up with Scout, Zombie & was with Billy & his bf. only saw Heather too.

its crazy to think 2 yrs ago there were 40 of us all together partying away

lucky bastard!! :rant: was u the offical backup singer this time around? :lmao: u really deserved all those >madonna moments< that god is giving u :angel: cos u r a real loyal, smart, witty, positive madonna fan here :thumbsup: who make us all proud 2 b a fan :clap: the energy this time around is really something else :) remind me of the blond ambition girl who i just fall in love wit :inlove: so much power, confident, attitude n charisma. hungry 2 conquer the world all over again :vogue: and the most important thing, shes enjoying a every bit of herself this time around :thumbsup: like the beast inside is coming out :demonic: the best thing could happen 2 her is that fucking divorce :horny: its like a new whole beginning :queenbitch:

Guest bluejean

I don't know why, but I found Madonna's support for Britney so sweet. She basically dedicated a whole song to her in the tour, just to say get off her back.

And Britney looked gorgeous. She wore the wrong outfit, but she's looking better than ever. Good on her.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...0,1520184.story

Live: Madonna at Dodger Stadium

Kevin Winter / Getty Images

Madonna, with special guest singer Britney Spears, performs during her Sticky and Sweet Tour at Dodger Stadium.

By Mikael Wood

November 8, 2008

Forty-eight hours after America elected its first black president and California voted to ban gay marriage, Madonna brought her Sticky & Sweet Tour to Dodger Stadium on Thursday for a night of triumph and defiance. One of pop's longest-lived provocateurs, Madonna always has had something to say -- even when she hasn't. (Remember her utterly useless version of "American Pie"?)

Yet like a firefighter or the cast of "Saturday Night Live," the singer is at her best at moments of consequence; she needs life to supply her with a canvas as big as her music wants to be.

Barack Obama's message of change is one that might've been custom-made for Madonna, who has maintained her place in the pop-star firmament not by hewing to a single vision but by regularly arriving at the future slightly ahead of her competitors. Although it's thematically tied to her current “Hard Candy” album, the Sticky & Sweet show, a two-hour multimedia juggernaut with no shortage of technology or textiles, is really designed, as is every Madonna production, to showcase the breadth of her titanic legacy.

As giant onstage video screens flashed iconic images from her past -- bottle-blond material girl, New York City street kid, raven-haired spiritual seeker -- Madonna reveled in her reputation as a flip-flopper.

At the same time, she's spent much of her quarter-century in the limelight hammering away at one central idea: the embrace of all kinds. "We have so much to celebrate," Madonna announced near the end of Thursday's show, the president-elect's face on the stadium screens eliciting huge cheers from the celebrity-studded audience, which included such boldfaced names as Jennifer Lopez, Drew Barrymore, Rick Rubin and Fergie. "There is one little disappointment, though. I'm sorry to hear that Proposition 8 passed. But we will not give up the fight -- never."

Madonna enacted that struggle onstage, both figuratively and literally. During "Die Another Day," two members of her rainbow-coalition dance crew sparred inside a boxing ring, while "She's Not Me" climaxed with Madonna attacking four impostors representing different phases of her career.

Anyone who's had anything unkind to say about the singer's rather ropy physique lately should take into consideration the effects this marathon of physical exertion -- there is also rope-jumping, break-dancing and a treadmill -- must have on a 50-year-old body. Frankly, it's amazing she doesn't look like a strip of beef jerky.

Far away from the political front, Madonna is also currently engaged in a personal battle: her much-discussed divorce from filmmaker Guy Ritchie. Several times Thursday she seemed to allude to the situation, as in "Human Nature," when she unloaded a long list of recriminations including, "You punished me for telling you my fantasies."

At the end of the song Madonna was joined by Britney Spears, one of the show's two surprise guests, who sang along with the headliner as she insisted, in slightly more colorful language, that she's nobody's victim.

Justin Timberlake also appeared for a somewhat perfunctory performance of "4 Minutes," "Hard Candy's" somewhat perfunctory lead single.

Later, Madonna revealed a more vulnerable side of the story during "You Must Love Me," a song from her 1996 film "Evita." Accompanied at the end of a long catwalk by an acoustic Gypsy-music combo, the singer gave her strongest vocal performance of the night.

Then she got back to the business of celebration, segueing from a jubilant, Middle Eastern-accented "Like a Prayer" into an appealingly scrappy electro-punk version of "Ray of Light" that found Madonna bashing away at a quite possibly unplugged electric guitar.

Her closer was "Give It 2 Me," which on "Hard Candy" never gathers much steam but at Dodger Stadium pounded with both authority and abandon. "No one's gonna stop me," Madonna sang, minimizing the distance between a threat and a promise.

Wood is a freelance writer.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...0,1520184.story

Her closer was "Give It 2 Me," which on "Hard Candy" never gathers much steam but at Dodger Stadium pounded with both authority and abandon. "No one's gonna stop me," Madonna sang, minimizing the distance between a threat and a promise.

Wood is a freelance writer.

Right...what a toss.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/madonna...stin-timberlake

THIS IS A GREAT REVIEW!

Madonna invades Dodger Stadium

10 reasons why Her Madgesty's L.A. bash proves – again – that she's leagues ahead of any other pop star.

By BEN WENER and JEFF MILLER

The Orange County Register

Comments 5| Recommend 4

Alternative title: Why it was worth crawling through four hours of ridiculous traffic to see the former Mrs. Ritchie's latest spectacle. We finally parked at 10 to 10, just as the lights went out nearly an hour and a half after she was due to start.

"She just went on!" exclaimed the woman behind us as she hopped down alone from her gigantic gas guzzler. Took her five hours to get there from Laguna.

We scrambled to our field seats while Madge and her dancers were piled high into a Rolls-Royce (I think) that slowly rolled to the satellite platform a conveyer belt away from the main stage. We were finally in place just as Britney Spears popped up to wave hello, mutter the monotone "express yourself don't repress yourself" hook, then disappear during "Vogue." (Yes, that's all she did.)

• Madonna doesn't hold anything back. Nothing can stop her from giving all, not even malfunctioning equipment. "Half of my stage is missing," she mentioned halfway into this two-hour extravaganza, just before its most intimate moment – when, flanked by a Romanian quartet on fiddle and acoustic guitars, she rearranged the "Evita" ballad "You Must Love Me" into a gypsy lullaby. Frankly, I bet most people would be hard-pressed to figure out what was missing, but Madonna was acutely aware: "The absence of light makes it hard for me to look into your eyes, and that's half the joy of performing. Come close … let me feel you."

All great performers should be able to shut out trouble and forge ahead; Madonna gets so compellingly in the zone she could have lit up the night even if this entire expanse had been reduced to a single spotlight. Her driving force: "When I dance I feel free," she sang in "Heartbeat," "which makes me feel like the only one / The only one the light shines on."

• She reinvents her songs as much as herself. Like Bowie, her music can be as chameleonic as her guises. Her brilliant rethinking of "Borderline," for instance, rocked-up and Killers-ish, was a charging blast of sunshine, as was a remixed "Into the Groove" accompanied by Keith Haring-esque graphics and Madge jumping rope double Dutch style. (Click here to see a complete set list.)

Jeff, who wasn't as thrilled by those moments, considers the highlight the explosively colorful "La Isla Bonita/Lela Pala Tute" segment, which dovetailed into that haunting "You Must Love Me." "Vogue" lost its tunefulness amid a house beat, he feels, and "Like a Prayer" was lacking its choir-ific finish.

Yet even in those moments Madonna performed as if acting on a dare to bring new meaning to her old material – whereas Dylan, say, often will just take the heart out of "Like a Rolling Stone" and leave nothing but a chanted chorus behind. Madge tries on costumes that may or may not work but has the confidence to also strip it all away and appear small and shy while fingerpicking her guitar during the "Evita" number. That's not a typical thing to say of a woman who's been this famous for this long. It's humanizing.

• She sang every lick of every song. Even when sweetened with effects or the extra oomph of two backing vocalists, she still belted out every word – almost always amid choreography, never abetted by a TelePrompTer.

• She looks unreal. Superhuman, even. It's unseemly for critics to talk about how close to the action we get to be, but this time it warrants pointing out that the press corps were 13 rows back and directly to the right of the satellite stage. So close that even over thumping beats we could hear her high-heeled boots clack on the stage. So close that we could be amazed at how insanely fit and yoga-toned and thin she is – she's not svelte, she's positively gamine now – yet also notice how cragged her hands are, much older than her 50 years would suggest.

• She commands attention. Not just from the everyday fan but every type of celebrity. We were also close enough to see plenty: Heidi Klum was two rows behind us, Rick Rubin not far behind her. Ryan Seacrest flitted about. Dennis Quaid, Tila Tequila and Donald Sutherland were on hand, along with J.Lo and Marc Anthony.

• She's still edgily sexy. We could spew 1,000 words alone on the number of naughty gestures that can't be discussed here. "See my booty get down," she hollered out at one point – and we did, vividly, as she dropped to her knees and started grinding her body like this was "Like a Virgin" at the '85 VMAs all over again.

• She remains an unparalleled pop performance artist. Speaking of that "Virgin"-al gal, she turned up here, as one of four surrogates during "She's Not Me." That slut bride in chiffon was propped up in one corner of the satellite stage while other personas were positioned at opposing posts – the Marilyn-cribbing Material Girl, the platinum-blonde peep-show harlot of "Open Your Heart," the cone-bra-toting sexual aggressor of her Blonde Ambition Tour.

As the song churned to a crescendo, its defiance shifted from post-infidelity vengeance to a telling tear-down of Madonna's past – yank the wig off the harlot, mock-suffocate the cone-bra poseur with the "Virgin" slut's veil, kiss the bride hard till her lipstick smears, then pick up wardrobe pieces from all four and crawl away.

What's that all mean? As with the glam-crucifixion centerpiece set to "Live to Tell" on her last tour, you decide. But it was only one of several riveting theatrical moments – another was the quasi-satanic routine for "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You," with Madonna cloaked in a black, Anton LaVey robe – that could suck you into new songs you might not otherwise give two thoughts to.

• She's still edgily sociopolitical. With protests raging throughout L.A. and Hollywood, you knew this would be something of a rally. As the iconic poster of our president-elect appeared like giant postage stamps behind her, she declared: "We've got something to celebrate – it's called Barack Obama, (bleeper-bleepers)!" She also vowed to never stop fighting for gay rights – "If we can have an African American in the White House, then we can have gay marriages" – and turned "Like a Prayer" into another moving plea for religious tolerance.

Yet all of that was contained in her closing segment, kicked off by a video (for the song "Get Stupid") that contrasted the evils of a century (from Hitler to bin Laden) with famous forces of goodness, from Nelson Mandela and Mother Teresa to John Lennon and Bono. It was an act-now, let-peace-prevail message even a warmonger could get behind.

• She makes Justin Timberlake seem small. Britney was just another ploy to sell tickets, since this didn't come close to selling out. Her "Hard Candy" collaborator, however, was the real deal, turning up in the flesh for "4 Minutes," to the delight of women and gay men who rushed the stage like mad. (Timbaland, Kanye West and Pharrell Williams were seen in video sequences.) Next to Janet Jackson at the Super Bowl Timberlake looked like an equal. Placed alongside the Queen of Pop, however, he seemed merely a developing prince. There's a reason she went straight into the Hall of Fame in her first year of eligibility while Janet hasn't even been on a ballot: She's incomparable, outpacing and outclassing her peers and progeny year after year with ease.

• She's not without spontaneity. Case in point: the impromptu "Dress You Up" singalong toward the end, just when Obamamania inside Dodger Stadium started to peak. It was glorious fun, and you could tell Madonna knew utter jubilation was erupting: "Thank you, Los Angeles," she said. "You've been unusually responsive."

Kate Moss looked the best. Trend setter!

Really?? I think she looks terrible now

Madonna + Britney + Justin = LA Sticky Sweet Magic

madonnabritney__oPt.jpg

A-MA-ZING!

The stars weren't only in the audience at Madonna's Sticky Sweet LA concert on Thursday.

The rumors actually turned out to be true!! Both Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake hit the Sticky Sweet stage!

BritBrit made her appearance in the third song of the show. She joined her Madgesty on stage for a few moments during the song Human Nature.

Click

to see a clip.

Brit looked FABULOUS!

And, not too surprising, J.T. reclaimed his spot next to M for their hit song 4 Minutes.

Click here to check out Madge and Justin do their thing.

Madonna also took a few moments to get political.

The crowd reportedly went wild when she paid tribute to new President-elect Barack Obama.

She also slammed the passage of California's Proposition 8, which bans gay marriage and pledged her support for the fight for equality for all.

M said, "If we can have an African-American in the White House, we can have gay marriage."

Equality is a right, not a privilege. Fight on, y'all.

Madonna's new boy toy, A-Rod, was also spotted in the audience.

Their romance is sizzling from coast to coast! :chuckle:

We're going to see Madonna in Vegas this weekend. We are beyond excited!

http://perezhilton.com/2008-11-07-madonna-...cky-sweet-magic

I was wondering when Perez was gonna attend the show since he was at the EMA's. I figured it would either be Vegas or Miami.

Guest bruinboy222
Nice pictures of the fans.....a lot of women/girls

There were tons of women/girls there....more so than gay men. I think the gays were outnumbered by the straights....all the women, plus their bfs/husbands. no worries though. it was a great atmosphere and everyone got along.

Sidenote....I understand why Madonna hasn't mentioned prop 8 until now. She's in the middle of a divorce, so she isn't exactly the best person to voice out on marriage....though a donation to the cause would have been great.

I don't know why, but I found Madonna's support for Britney so sweet. She basically dedicated a whole song to her in the tour, just to say get off her back.

And Britney looked gorgeous. She wore the wrong outfit, but she's looking better than ever. Good on her.

TOTALLY agree :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Britney looked WAAAAAY better than Madonna did and I hate Britney's music.

the most delusional thing ever!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: the fact is: when a 50 old woman look so much better n younger than a 27old trailer trash wreck :demonic: speak volume, how this bionic unreal woman compared 2 that ordinary flabby, saggy(tits :lol: )body of her...thats why is all coverd up :horny: from the neck to the toe :lmao: but in a way i feel sorry 4 her cos that the only way she can feel comfortable standing next 2 the ""THE BODY"" and b watch by millions around the world. is not good 4 ur self esteem stand next 2 most fit, healthy beautiful human in the world :horny: u need 2 b very sure about urself n body 2 dare stand next 2 ""THE BODY"" :bow: I was witness myself 2 ""THE BODY"" just 10 feet away from the stage, watching her in awe n disbelieve how amazing n unreal her body look :drool: how so much younger n beautiful in person she look :inlove: the muscles in buns, legs, arms cut but lean n feminine as the same time, the skin like a porcelain doll... just mesmerizing to watch live :bow::queenbitch:

Edited by X_FACTOR

Guest Pud Whacker
i agree! its not a Madonna show if Kat & Pud dont meet up!! LOL. i met up with Scout, Zombie & was with Billy & his bf. only saw Heather too.

its crazy to think 2 yrs ago there were 40 of us all together partying away

i know!!! good times and more to come. :thumbsup:

the most delusional thing ever!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: the fact is: when a 50 old woman look so much better n younger than a 27old trailer trash wreck :demonic: speak volume, how this bionic unreal woman compared 2 that ordinary flabby, saggy(tits :lol: )body of her...thats why is all coverd up :horny: from the neck to the toe :lmao: but in a way i feel sorry 4 her cos that the only way she can feel comfortable standing next 2 the ""THE BODY"" and b watch by millions around the world. is not good 4 ur self esteem stand next 2 most fit, healthy beautiful human in the world :horny: u need 2 b very sure about urself n body 2 dare stand next 2 ""THE BODY"" :bow: I was witness myself 2 ""THE BODY"" just 10 feet away from the stage, watching her in awe n disbelieve how amazing n unreal her body look :drool: how so much younger n beautiful in person she look :inlove: the muscles in buns, legs, arms cut but lean n feminine as the same time, the skin like a porcelain doll... just mesmerizing to watch live :bow::queenbitch:

the way you use emoticons is rather...annoying :asian: