"The Confessions Tour" CD/DVD World Chart Topic

Ugly Hecty

Guest boytoyville

The Confessions tour rules the album and the video chart in the Czech republic at number 1 for a third week! Certified third platinum.

What is Confessions cert there. Will the CD/DVD outsell the studio album? :wow:

Well it has sold only 6000 units, but the Czech republic is a small country. I'm very happy with its success, because Confessions On A Dance Floor peaked only at number 2.

It has definitely outsell American Life with only 5000 copies. I don't know about Confessions On A Dance Floor. But one thing is for sure - people fell in love with Madonna during her visit in Prague - both shows were sold out in minutes and people probably want to enjoy the ######ht again.

Well it has sold only 6000 units, but the Czech republic is a small country.

Wait a sec...are we talking the DVD version or the CD+DVD version? According to IFPI, 3x platinum for an album by an international artist would be 30,000 in the Czech Republic, and music video would be 9,000.

Did they lower the requirements again? I know this is a small market, but I like knowing the information is accurate.

By comparison, the album debuts at #1 on Greece's International Album Chart :rosey:

and on no2 on the comprehensive album chart!!! I can't believe it!!! Madonna sold this week more albums than other BIG BIG BIG greek artists!!! And without any promotion!

With confessions on a dancefloor many people became Madonna fans in Greece, like me!

I thought it was 2xP in the Czech Repüblik, as per Warnermusic.cz page! :rosey:

It was until yesterday. As a webmaster of www.madonna.cz I'm in contact with Warner bros. Czech republic and they told me today morning. They will update the page soon. I wouln't lie you Caresse :D

IFPI treats CT as a music video (both formats) and a platinum goes for every 2.000 they told me. It would be good if it sells even more, but it's enough for number one in both charts. Strange enough the separate DVD is selling better a bit than the CD+DVD. I hope Madonna sees this and will come next year agan :D

Guest Caresse Henry

Thank you MY CHILD! Would you know the latest certification of COADF in CZ by any chance? :rosey:

In other news, album down to #23 and DVD firmely at #1 in Sweden.

Thank you MY CHILD! Would you know the latest certification of COADF in CZ by any chance? :rosey:

In other news, album down to #23 and DVD firmely at #1 in Sweden.

Of course I know :) Double platinum for 22.000 CDs.

Guest boytoyville

United World Chart:

12. Madonna - The Confessions Tour

Warner Bros. - 104.000

Total: 428,000 sold

Great! Warner Bros. has to be loving the success of this. It's not like they had to put up much money for this project. I think Madge needs to come out with a new album at the end of this year while she has gained such momentem some new markets and previous ones she didn't do too well with the AL release. Love my megastar bitch!

Guest boytoyville

The CD+DVD is OFFICIALLY #1 in Mexico on the album chart this week. The chart published by Billboard for Mexico shows TCT debuting at No. 1.

:thumbsup:

Nice, hopefully she will take her next tour there. I think her latin american fans deserve it.

Nice, hopefully she will take her next tour there. I think her latin american fans deserve it.

I agree. As much as I would miss her, I think she should cut her U.S. itinerary a bit short next time and do Australia, Mexico and Brazil. I'd also like to see her do Vancouver, BC since that would be closer to me. ;)

I agree. As much as I would miss her, I think she should cut her U.S. itinerary a bit short next time and do Australia, Mexico and Brazil. I'd also like to see her do Vancouver, BC since that would be closer to me. ;)

Where do you live Nightshade?

Yeah the tour itinerary needs 2 change..The US-leg is prolly the most profitable but

there's really no excuse 4 playing only a handfull of countries in Europe..& Fuck the

10plus London gigs as well.. :fag:

Guest northernlad

Yeah the tour itinerary needs 2 change..The US-leg is prolly the most profitable but

there's really no excuse 4 playing only a handfull of countries in Europe..& Fuck the

10plus London gigs as well.. :fag:

yeah.. doing entirely stadium gigs internationally would help a lot too - maybe even a few Stateside.

Argentina:

The Confessions Tour is at #5 in sales according to information offered by the Argentine Music Industry CAPIF.

Mιxico:

Madonna is now #1 in both the Album and DVD charts in Mexico.

Peru:

Madonna's The Confessions Tour is now #1 in the Peruvian chart according to the Phantom Music Store.

United Arab Emirates:

The Confessions Tour is #1 on the Virgin MegaStores DVD chart in the U.A.E.

madonnalicious.com

Ok... Portugal recap 3 first weeks:

CD/DVD #01-#01-#01 (STILL ONLY GOLD FOR SALES OVER 10.000, SHOULD BECOME PLATINUM ANYTIME SOON).

DVD ONLY: #02-#01-#01

:D

And in Portugal Warner did promote creating lots of news with a Cinema Premier, TV ADVERTISING and lots of instore merchandising that can be seen at the best selling shops (FNAC, CARREFOUR, ETC)