"The Confessions Tour" CD/DVD World Chart Topic

Ugly Hecty

The UK still *is* one of her biggest markets. But, like IGTTYAS, it's not the type of release that's going to hold up well on a UK (USA, even) albums chart. Where it is holding up better in rank are countries where the it's lower sales and not as competitive.

And the Confessions album sold over 1.2 million so the tour cd has done 'ok' for what it is, (A live album that doesn't have a wide appeal) xxx

Guest Caresse Henry

So France and Germany are not competitive markets? My ARSE.

TCT should have been at least Top 5 in the UK. No excuses for its lame performance there :rosey:

Germany and the UK are decent-sized markets- I'm just saying that TCT's UK performance is not indicative of her appeal in the UK. Hence, it is and probably will continue to be one of her strongest markets, esp. per capita. Like the USA- it dropped to No. 66, but it spent a second week atop Top Music Videos, where it's ranked against like releases.

The UK has a Music Videos chart, correct?

Guest boytoyville

Germany and the UK are decent-sized markets- I'm just saying that TCT's UK performance is not indicative of her appeal in the UK. Hence, it is and probably will continue to be one of her strongest markets, esp. per capita. Like the USA- it dropped to No. 66, but it spent a second week atop Top Music Videos, where it's ranked against like releases.

The UK has a Music Videos chart, correct?

Isn't the market in France and Japan very strong as well for music?

Guest Caresse Henry

HolidayBabe, darling: So what? :rosey: The album is still Top 10 in France and Germany and Italy and Spain and Switzerland and Netherlands and Belgium and Portugal and Hungary and Poland. Again there is NO excuse why it's off the Top 40 in the UK on its third week.

Maybe her new studio album will reverse THINGS, but for now it's MEH.

Down to bloody #44 in the UNITED KINGDOM :rosey:

She sold around 6,500 in the UK last week. Sales generally in the UK were up last week because of the Brits so 6500 for number 44 is not too bad! Total sales around 40,000 now which is disappointing.

I'd have thought TCT was going to be much more popular than IGTTYAS but like for like sales are about the same after three weeks (adding in the DVD version sales of IGTTYAS to the CD version). I do think TCT will sell more than the 63000 IGTYYAS managed in total with both its versions.

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Isn't the market in France and Japan very strong as well for music?

#1 - US

#2 - Japan

#3 - UK

Then France and Germany, etc...

Once again, Madge's popularity/appeal in the UK (or anywhere) cannot be measured by the performance of a tour DVD/CD release- no matter how well it's holding up in other territories. "Maybe" a new studio album will reverse things? Dahlin', I think a studio album will fare a TAD better than a tour DVD/CD on the albums charts- just a hunch. :-)

Guest gambler2

Personal msg to HG (as usual ;) ) ;

The UK still *is* one of her biggest markets. But, like IGTTYAS, it's not the type of release that's going to hold up well on a UK (USA, even) albums chart. Where it is holding up better in rank are countries where the it's lower sales and not as competitive.

IPB Image

THIS is why you are RENOWNED + gained the LACK of RESPECT you have, around the rest of the M online community.

IGTTYAS was released under the influence of the 'Americam Shite era' so she was a relative has-been FFS compared to her current mainstream 'everyone loves Madge' popularity in the UK.

In that case, HOW ON EARTH can you make such a direct comparison - only if you have a mind of such terminal psychotic delusion + bias.....

The most successful people in history have still had the occasional :flop: but your unmearsurable blind irrationally will never allow you to even accept such a possibility(?)

Madonna will never have the type of credibility of rock act BUT WHY on earth would she with all the fame + influence she has, especially in contrast to your average rock act, to merely shift a few more live CDs?

Guest Caresse Henry

Once again, Madge's popularity/appeal in the UK (or anywhere) cannot be measured by the performance of a tour DVD/CD release- no matter how well it's holding up in other territories. "Maybe" a new studio album will reverse things? Dahlin', I think a studio album will fair a TAD better than a tour DVD/CD on the albums charts- just a hunch. :-)

DUDE, this is a CHART forum, not a POPULARITY CONTEST one. If an album is off the Top 40 after 3 weeks, its chart performance is DIRE, specially in a country which gave her so many consecutive Top 5 albums, LIVE or NOT.

If an album is off the Top 40 after 3 weeks, its chart performance is DIRE, specially in a country which gave her so many consecutive Top 5 albums, LIVE or NOT.

Yeah but most people have the tracks on the live album - be it COADF, GHV2 or Immaculate. The only incentive for most non-hardcore fans to buy it is the DVD, and concert DVD's have never sold as well as albums. I don't think Madonna or her management are concerned about its drop - any profit made now on the tour is just gravy anyway.

Guest Caresse Henry

Again this is not about CONCERN FROM MANAGEMENT or Madonna losing SLEEP. It's about CHART PERFORMANCE. Plain and simple NUMBERS. < 40 in 3 weeks :rosey:

Again this is not about CONCERN FROM MANAGEMENT or Madonna losing SLEEP. It's about CHART PERFORMANCE. Plain and simple NUMBERS. < 40 in 3 weeks :rosey:

I am not surprised in the least at its performance. Why don't you do some research and see how well other live CD+DVD combos have done on this chart? ;)

My sweet Caresse, you're faliing to see that I'm responding to your comment about how a studio album "might" reverse things- duuuhhhhh, of course a new studio album will fare much better than TCT. That is the main point, end of. TCT is not holding up well on the UK chart- never said it was, nor did I expect it to (I expected a decent debut and a plunge right down the charts- if anything's surprising, it's how well it's holding up in those other territories).

I could not care less, really, how many weeks it spends in the UK top 75, or any chart. It can drop right off the Billboard 200 this week from No. 66 for all me cares. :) Only stuff I'm really interested in regarding tenure on the charts are studio albums, and, compilations promoted with *new* material. ;)

And I see that that FANTASTIC poster gambler has come out from his/her/its rock again- hilarious stuff! But, only I (and maybe other mods) can see his posts- talking shit that makes no sense as usual- saying IGTTYAS was released under the influece of AL- it was released monthds after COADF, doesn't matter if the tour featured several AL tracks. Also, attempting to make derogatory remarks about me. Hmm, wonder what I did to this poor soul. In any event, a complete wanker.

Guest Caresse Henry

Well, delighted to see you are such a PSYCHIC but it's your LOSS for being so SELECTIVE about CHART PERFORMANCES. Behaviour in the UK should be the same as in other European markets, but I GAVE UP anyway, so let's all SHAVE OUR HEADS and MOVE OVER :rosey:

Loss? How so? Why would I expect a release like TCT to do as well as a studio album? Most DVD/CD releases don't sell anything near regular albums. I'm pleased that it made the UK top 10, and got as high as No. 15 on the USA chart- what happens after that, whatever, ya know. And, if anything, considering how well TCT is holding up in other markets, UK record buyers are the ones people should be hsaking their fingers at, for not continuing to buy TCT. :) And I'll channel my PSYCHIC abilities once again to say they'll probably come out from hiding in droves with the next studio album... *eerie, Dionne-Warwick-like prediction, I'm aware*

Shave my head? Nah- not the most becoming look- I once did nearly that when my sister fucked up my hair years ago- not my most becoming look!

Italy sales chart FIMI NIELSEN

Album:

Confession Tour : nr 3 ( - 2 ) 2 weeks at nr 1

Coadf : nr 58 ( -10 ) week on chart 66

The Immaculate collection : 85 re-entry

Singles:

Jump : nr 19 (-6) week nr 16

Get together : nr 47 (+1)

DVD:

The Confession Tour : nr 1 ( 3 weeks at nr 1 )