"The Confessions Tour" CD/DVD World Chart Topic

Ugly Hecty

eurochart

Madonna's "The Confessions Tour" (Warner Bros.) takes the runner-up spot on Top 100 Albums, after collecting three No. 1 starts, in Italy, Spain and Portugal, and climbing 8-1 in Wallony. The live CD/DVD package also gets four No. 2 debuts, in Germany, France, Holland and Switzerland, and two at No. 5, in Denmark and Finland. In the United Kingdom, it opens at No. 7, on sales of 22,000.

Guest Solitaire

Canada #2 With 12,000 Copies :clap:

Norah Jones blasts to No. 1

By JOHN WILLIAMS

Senior Editor, JAM! Showbiz

Norah Jones (AP file photo)

Norah Jones helped Canadian music stores break out of a sales funk with a strong debut on the album charts.

The New York-based singer's second full-length disc "Not Too Late" checked in at No. 1 with over 36,000 in sales, making it the biggest debut of '07, according to data compiled by Nielsen SoundScan.

However, the album didn't match the first-week success of her last CD, 2004's "Feels Like Home," which racked up 73,000 in its debut.

"Not Too Late" gave a much-needed boost to retailers here, who had been marred in a sales slump since the end of the Christmas holidays.

Jones also grabbed the No. 1 spot south of the border, selling 405,000 copies of "Not Too Late" in the U.S.

Back in Canada, Madonna's new live CD/DVD "The Confessions Tour" (12,000) came in at No. 2, and the "2007 Grammy Nominees" (8,000) CD premiered at No. 3.

The movement up top forced Justin Timberlake's "FutureSex/LoveSounds" to fall from No. 3 to No. 4, Nelly Furtado's "Loose" sank from the top of the heap last week down to No. 5, and Gwen Stefani's "The Sweet Escape" held on tight to No. 6.

"MuchDance 2007" slipped another two notches to No. 7, and after an impressive debut last week at No. 2, the Shins' "Wincing the Night Away" spiralled down six positions to No. 8.

Akon's "Konvicted" occupied the No. 9 slot, and the Beatles' "LOVE" rounded out the top 10 at No. 10.

Other notable debuts included the Valentine's compilation "From the Heart 2007" at No. 14, "American Idol" star Katharine McPhee's self-titled debut at No. 23, the collection "You're Beautiful" at No. 32, and "From the Heart Classics" at No. 34.

In the U.S., Katharine McPhee placed second, followed by Daughtry's self-titled effort in third, Celtic Woman's "A New Journey" in fourth, and Pretty Ricky's "Late Night Special" in fifth.

Guest Beautiful Stranger

OK, someone please summarize the charts all over the world and the total sales so far. Please.

Look at the posts and make a list on your own.

Lazy ass ho.

Guest ifeellove

Look at the posts and make a list on your own.

Lazy ass ho.

I didnt ask for your help low class trash. Please do not open your mouth if you keep barking all shit. Your being bitchy all the time tells me that you are a very sad and sorry person. Learn how to calm yourself down and grow up. Please also keep your answer in a condolences manner as this is not a place to exercise your bubble ego.

Guest boytoyville

I am REPOSTING this because I haven't recieved an answer yet. Thanks in advance to whoever answers this...

I know that I have asked this question before but I am still confused so I appologize.

Now, which territories has there been a DVD only version offered? According to Drowned Madonna seems like many territories. Are some territories just counting it towards the DVD chart AND music chart? Are these sales combined seperated. Basically I want to know if the sales mentioned about the CD/DVD are ONLY for that or if there is a COMPETEING DVD only version in these territories. I'm so confused, can someone PLEASE straighten this out for me.

when was the last time a live album was so high in the charts around the world??

Perhaps Metallica's S&M dual-CD? I think that was in late 1999. I am sure there have been more live CD's with big success since then though - maybe the Rolling Stones Live Licks? I dunno.

For me this is a real sucess due to the fact that I have always comparing this release with another of her DVD sales........ at the end of the day, is it the DVD the main attraction....

Wow, 195k first week around the world. TCT is redefining the DVD sales expectations. I am truly impressed. The combination of:

- worldly successful tour to begin with

- wide TV broadcasts

- timely release

- DVD/CD combo

really had an explosive impact on sales.