the BRICS: is there any truth behind that rumour?

OK, in the last month I am receiving short news, well, on Tik tok , about a group of countries ( Brazil, Russia, India, China and I don´t know what country is behind the S) going to stop accepting the dolar as a change currency.Apparently they are going to start in august: can that be true? or is it , again, a rumour spread in the social media? is true that I haven´t seen the news in any "normal" news on the TV or in the newspapers.

4 hours ago, promise to try said:

I have heard both: maybe now is BRICSS...

No. It’s South Africa. These countries are considered, by economics, to have fast growing economies that would dominate the economy by 2050. At 1st it was BRIC and South Africa has been added 10-12 years ago.

They are considered rivals of G7 bloc (Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, UK and USA).

Russia is behind this idea to dump US $ as they face economic sanctions from the West. They try to replace the dollars by the Yuan but I’d be surprised if they completely stopped to use the $$. The $ is still the most popular medium of exchange on the market.

21 hours ago, promise to try said:

apparently the idea to stop using the dolar this year. But I don´t really know if it´s real information or not.It would made sense, to finish with USA´s economic power, but I really don´t know

Why would it made sense to "finish with USA economic power"? Do people really think that a Chinese led world would be better than what it is today? China where no Westerner would ever want to live in? The autocratic China with 0 rights for the ppl?

4 hours ago, elijah said:

Why would it made sense to "finish with USA economic power"? Do people really think that a Chinese led world would be better than what it is today? China where no Westerner would ever want to live in? The autocratic China with 0 rights for the ppl?

but, if the rumour is true, the people are not involved, is the government.I guess they think they will be more powerful if USA is not controlling the currency

I’m surprised that BRICS thing is still even considered. Death people on the street during COVID in India and the Brasil mess along the disaster of Russia… :lmao: Even China is no longer considered a trustful economic partner (it never was). The EU has announced a “decoupling” with China. Frankly, they can grow all they want: they are not growing  in real social prosperity, which is what matters.

• 5 months later...
On 4/8/2023 at 9:14 AM, elijah said:

Why not ? Maybe they are fed up by being bullied by US. Not everyone supports the Wars that US is behind. 

3 hours ago, GOD said:

Why not ? Maybe they are fed up by being bullied by US. Not everyone supports the Wars that US is behind. 

Well then China would gladly step in to rid us of rights that we take for granted: lgbtq rights, women rights, minority rights. I m sure it is not fine to live there and in such a society.

On 4/8/2023 at 1:55 PM, karbatal said:

I’m surprised that BRICS thing is still even considered. Death people on the street during COVID in India and the Brasil mess along the disaster of Russia… :lmao: Even China is no longer considered a trustful economic partner (it never was). The EU has announced a “decoupling” with China. Frankly, they can grow all they want: they are not growing  in real social prosperity, which is what matters.

So true. Do the Chinese or the Turks or the Russians care that the 10 people around the powerful made 2-3 milliards more than last year? I highly doubt it. But that's what's going on with "economic wonders" China, Turkey, Russia. It takes one visit to understand that Greeks, with all their crisis, live miles better that the Turkish ppl, who we are supposed to believe are living in an economic powerhouse. Nothing of that wealth goes to ordinary ppl (unlike Greece), so what's the point?

9 hours ago, elijah said:

Well then China would gladly step in to rid us of rights that we take for granted: lgbtq rights, women rights, minority rights. I m sure it is not fine to live there and in such a society.

Who says it has to be either what we have now or this scenario? 

The US has around what 750 military bases around the globe? Let's not forget the disasters all over, the chaos with Cuba, Venezuela... the wars that they have caused, the catastrophes, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, to name a few, and now Ukraine. 

Im glad that some countries are finally fed up and want to form something else. Let them have their own currency if they wish, why use continue to use the currency of a bully. 

1 hour ago, GOD said:

Who says it has to be either what we have now or this scenario? 

The US has around what 750 military bases around the globe? Let's not forget the disasters all over, the chaos with Cuba, Venezuela... the wars that they have caused, the catastrophes, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, to name a few, and now Ukraine. 

Im glad that some countries are finally fed up and want to form something else. Let them have their own currency if they wish, why use continue to use the currency of a bully. 

I didn’t know USA 🇺🇸 invaded Ukraine 🇺🇦. I guess that says all about your credibility. Next I guess I ll be stuck in a discussion whether earth 🌍 is flat, there is no covid and the Jews are ruling the world. By byeee

3 hours ago, elijah said:

I didn’t know USA 🇺🇸 invaded Ukraine 🇺🇦. I guess that says all about your credibility. Next I guess I ll be stuck in a discussion whether earth 🌍 is flat, there is no covid and the Jews are ruling the world. By byeee

They are fueling the Ukraine war, they can end it if peace was their concern except it’s a money laundry scheme for the Military Industrial Complex. 
At some point Putin was open for negotiation to stop the war and guess who stopped Zelenskyy from any peace talks? 
Don’t let the door hit yours.

6 hours ago, GOD said:

They are fueling the Ukraine war, they can end it if peace was their concern except it’s a money laundry scheme for the Military Industrial Complex. 
At some point Putin was open for negotiation to stop the war and guess who stopped Zelenskyy from any peace talks? 
Don’t let the door hit yours.

Please keep your bullshit to yourself. 

If Putin wanted peace with Ukraine, why did he start a war? If Putin wanted peace with Ukraine, why isn't he pulling his troups out? 

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Tell that to the dozens innocent people killed yesterday. Get a grip.

None of what I wrote supports killing of anyone. 

4 hours ago, GOD said:

None of what I wrote supports killing of anyone. 

Being equidistant means supporting the agression. Nobody says NATO is an angel but this war is not fueled by NATO.  It’s costing billions to Europe for example. There is one guilty person here: Putin. 

this thread was about the brics, but it´s ok, this is interesting too.I really don´t know a lot of what is happening, but everytime the USA needs a war to help their economy, voila, a war appears. People in the usa were complaining about the amount of money and people that the USA was giving to NATO, they were starting to talk against it...and the ucraine´s war saves the day, nobody complained about the NATO in the usa for a couple of years.. Now  some people were complaining about USA giving to much money to help ucraine...and another war is going to save the day again.I guess the USA is going to stop helping ucraine now, to help Israel, and after USA stops helping ucraine, the rest of the nato is going to leave them in putin´s hands.that way the economy continues working...

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

this thread was about the brics, but it´s ok, this is interesting too.I really don´t know a lot of what is happening, but everytime the USA needs a war to help their economy, voila, a war appears. People in the usa were complaining about the amount of money and people that the USA was giving to NATO, they were starting to talk against it...and the ucraine´s war saves the day, nobody complained about the NATO in the usa for a couple of years.. Now  some people were complaining about USA giving to much money to help ucraine...and another war is going to save the day again.I guess the USA is going to stop helping ucraine now, to help Israel, and after USA stops helping ucraine, the rest of the nato is going to leave them in putin´s hands.that way the economy continues working...

The USA has just approved a budget which doesn’t include money for Ukraine. Some EU countries will stopped giving money too. This war is not beneficial for any country. It’s just Putin’s crazy megalomaniac project.

51 minutes ago, karbatal said:

The USA has just approved a budget which doesn’t include money for Ukraine. Some EU countries will stopped giving money too. This war is not beneficial for any country. It’s just Putin’s crazy megalomaniac project.

I don´t know why/who, but in the usa a group of people were complaining about the war against putin...well, about helping ukraine. And now with the new war, I´m sure the money will lead to israel´s help. I guess puttin has won the war already.meanwhile millions of inocent people are cought in the middle of this huge suffering. And of course, in a few weeks/months we will forget about them (the media at least)

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

I don´t know why/who, but in the usa a group of people were complaining about the war against putin...well, about helping ukraine. And now with the new war, I´m sure the money will lead to israel´s help. I guess puttin has won the war already.meanwhile millions of inocent people are cought in the middle of this huge suffering. And of course, in a few weeks/months we will forget about them (the media at least)

I am not sure that Putin will win. He only has oxygen from China and India and those two will not risk money to help that botoxed mummy 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I am not sure that Putin will win. He only has oxygen from China and India and those two will not risk money to help that botoxed mummy 

+ an important group of the republican party in the USA.

but it´s true that we don´t know how this is going to end, although it looks very likely to be with putin winning (and some say with Poland graving a part of ukraine for them, which sounds very weird to me)

2 hours ago, promise to try said:

+ an important group of the republican party in the USA.

but it´s true that we don´t know how this is going to end, although it looks very likely to be with putin winning (and some say with Poland graving a part of ukraine for them, which sounds very weird to me)

I always have the feeling that your source of information is a bit pro Russia :lmao: Poland????? 

On 10/8/2023 at 7:33 PM, karbatal said:

I always have the feeling that your source of information is a bit pro Russia :lmao: Poland????? 

Poland has started to see itself abit like Germany of the East (there are some economic grounds for this), but I would never suspect they would stoop so low as to invade and take over Western Ukr (which historically is connected to Poland and Lithuania and their medieval common state). Its just the RU fairytale they want to instill in the West that they are no different than Poland. They are.