Animal Cruelty - Alligator’s mouth taped shut since December, says Florida resident

horn

Mouth taped for almost 2 fucking months since December!

FUCKING BARBARIC!!! :americanlife: 

Alligator’s mouth taped shut since December, says Florida resident
Annie Mapp | Wed, February 15, 2023

BRANDON, Fla. (WFLA) — An alligator residing in a Florida neighborhood has had its mouth taped shut since December, according to one resident.

Lumsden Reserve resident Amber Lock, who shared photos of the alligator with Nexstar’s WFLA, called the actions “inhumane.”

As of Tuesday afternoon, Lock said, nobody had visited her neighborhood’s retention pond to capture the reptile and relieve it of the conditions.

f3b0cef624529f6b85442bb07ef100d3

6330e975aa5899fc156d566ad2420b06

Lock said she believes the animal’s mouth was taped shut when a trapper attempted to remove the alligator, but it’s unclear why the animal was left there.

A spokesperson with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission explained that the delay was due to “confusion caused by two different permit requests made to two different trappers by members of the public.”

She said a trapper went to the location on Feb. 11 and saw the gator, but it disappeared from view anytime anyone came close to the water.

A new permit was issued on Feb. 12. The spokeswoman said the agency planned to send a contracted nuisance alligator trapper to the location to remove it from the area.

But how is the animal surviving?

According to the FWC, alligators are “opportunistic feeders,” meaning they will eat nearly anything they can capture. However, being that gators are cold-blooded, they do not need to eat often: They typically eat once a week, but can survive up to two to three years without food.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alligator-mouth-taped-shut-since-034535480.html

I always tell my children that man is by far the cruelest and most dangerous animal on earth. I don’t want to dramatize things but they know what I mean. It’s just sickening, it never ends. 

1 hour ago, Lolo said:

I always tell my children that man is by far the cruelest and most dangerous animal on earth. I don’t want to dramatize things but they know what I mean. It’s just sickening, it never ends. 

Definitely.  Animals kill simply to eat and survive.  I hate watching wildlife documentaries as hate seeing this but understand that they need to eat to survive.  So many human beings kill for pleasure and don't care less about suffering of animals.  These same people also don't care about human suffering.   People who are cruel to animals are always horrible, heartless people.  

On 2/15/2023 at 2:36 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

People who are cruel to animals are always horrible, heartless people.  

Yes. And, as you said, it is an indicator of how they treat humans, too. 

I hope someone is able to help this animal soon. I mean, I have a healthy respect (fear) of alligators and crocodiles and such, but … I don’t want to see them hurt. I can well understand why it would avoid humans when it sees them approaching. I have to use Facebook for work (otherwise I probably would not be on it anymore), but it always puts videos of animals in my feed — it knows I can’t resist! Ha! And so often I see videos where animals are scared, but ultimately trust humans to help them. (Sometimes they struggle more than others.) It seriously makes me cry at my desk sometimes. I know my co-workers must think I’m crazy if they walk by when I’ve been caught off guard by one of those.