Life imitates art: Ohio train derailment

Lolo

This is so crazy and scary at the same time. I was watching the movie White Noise a couple of weeks ago, didn’t finish though because I thought it was boring. The movie opens with a train explosion, some sort of toxic stuff gets blown into the air and spreads via the heavy smoke. 

When I heard about the explosion in Ohio I immediately thought ‘haven’t I just seen the exact same thing in a movie??’ 
And now I learned that production partly took place in the same spot, where the actual disaster happened now. This is honestly kind of mindblowing and I feel so sorry for the people living there. 

After a train derailment, Ohio residents are living the plot of a movie they helped make

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/02/11/health/ohio-train-derailment-white-noise/index.html

1 hour ago, Lolo said:

This is so crazy and scary at the same time. I was watching the movie White Noise a couple of weeks ago, didn’t finish though because I thought it was boring. The movie opens with a train explosion, some sort of toxic stuff gets blown into the air and spreads via the heavy smoke. 

When I heard about the explosion in Ohio I immediately thought ‘haven’t I just seen the exact same thing in a movie??’ 
And now I learned that production partly took place in the same spot, where the actual disaster happened now. This is honestly kind of mindblowing and I feel so sorry for the people living there. 

After a train derailment, Ohio residents are living the plot of a movie they helped make

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/02/11/health/ohio-train-derailment-white-noise/index.html

Wow it’s really weird!!!  And food for conspiracies. 

On 2/12/2023 at 9:39 PM, Lolo said:

Terrifying.  Fascinating that it happened in the same spot where they filmed the movie of the novel.  As you said Lolo,  it is life imitating art.  

On 2/12/2023 at 10:39 AM, Lolo said:

I watched the whole thing. One of the worst films I've ever seen. They kind of forget about the whole disaster halfway through.

I doubt the residents will be so lucky.

On 2/14/2023 at 6:00 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

Terrifying.  Fascinating that it happened in the same spot where they filmed the movie of the novel.  As you said Lolo,  it is life imitating art.  

I feel so bad for the people, obviously because of the actual disaster but also if it was me I’d definitely think this is karma and I have somewhat manifested this tragedy. You know what I mean? I’m sure some of the people there think like that, that they are somehow responsible, when they’re really not. 

And yes, from what I gathered the officials covered this up as long as they could. Chernobyl comes to mind. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/02/17/health/ohio-derailment-rashes-health-impacts/index.html

CNN — 

Some residents of East Palestine, Ohio, say they have developed rashes, sore throats, nausea and headaches after returning to their homes this week, and they’re worried these new symptoms are related to chemicals released after a train derailment two weeks ago.

:sadface: