Don't wear bikinis, Melaka religious dept warns visitors to Pulau Besar

horn

Don't wear bikinis, Melaka religious dept warns visitors to Pulau Besar
By Meor Riduwan Meor Ahmad - January 1, 2023 @ 7:56pm
16945926_1672574157.jpg

MELAKA: The state Islamic authorities are unhappy that some tourists are going around wearing bikinis, an act that has sullied the image of Pulau Besar, they say.

The Melaka Islamic Religious Affairs Department (JAIM) said it wants action to be taken against those who are indecently dressed.

This followed a three-minute video of some beachgoers wearing bikinis on the island which has been making its rounds on social media since Christmas Day.

JAIM chief Che Sukri Che Mat said the department is now planning on putting up signboards to remind tourists to dress appropriately and not to partake in activities that are considered sensitive to Muslims.

"Wearing attire such as bikinis is only suitable for the bedroom, not to be shown off to the community in Pulau Besar. They should not take this lightly.

"This is the first and last warning. Do not repeat such an act; we will not compromise," he said.

Che Sukri said a meeting will be held with police, local government and state development authorities over the matter.

He said that they will discuss possible action to be taken against tourists who sullied the sanctity of Pulau Besar, whose history dates back to the Islamic civilisation.

Besides beach resorts and small outlying islands, Pulau Besar is well known for its ancient graves, tombs and mausoleums of notable Islamic preachers.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2023/01/866285/dont-wear-bikinis-melaka-religious-dept-warns-visitors-pulau-besar

6 hours ago, jonski43 said:

I'm fine with this. There are plenty of places you can wear a bikini in this world so if you don't like it, go somewhere else. 

Yes I agree.. I mean it's only women that are being discriminated against based on religious views. If they wanna act like whores they can go to Brighton or Toremolinos. :electropop:

1 hour ago, acko said:

Yes I agree.. I mean it's only women that are being discriminated against based on religious views. If they wanna act like whores they can go to Brighton or Toremolinos. :electropop:

I don't feel it's for me to judge other religions. I don't agree with it and it would be very colonial of me to go there and say they should change their ways to what I believe.

I'll just go to Brighton. 

32 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I don't feel it's for me to judge other religions. I don't agree with it and it would be very colonial of me to go there and say they should change their ways to what I believe.

I'll just go to Brighton. 

It is not colonial. Religion shouldn't legitimize discrimination based on gender or sexuality.. If more people would judge these ideas instead of the usual 'their religion says...' the world would be a better place. 

I remember back in 2019, my friends & I went to Maldives and stayed in Sheraton water bungalow.

Sheraton-Maldives-Tasha-Pool.jpg

We received complaints from one of the water bungalow guest (a middle eastern woman who stayed next door) that we worn nothing but swimming trunks while snorkeling in the sea. 

For fuck sake it's a beach resort, almost 90% of the male guest worn had nothing but a swimming trunks.

Bitch should not be allowed if she's so conservative :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, jonski43 said:

I'm fine with this. There are plenty of places you can wear a bikini in this world so if you don't like it, go somewhere else. 

yet men can wear less and that's fine. they can be comfortable and wear next to nothing at the beach, while women have to suffer in the heat. fuck that.

43 minutes ago, Nikki said:

yet men can wear less and that's fine. they can be comfortable and wear next to nothing at the beach, while women have to suffer in the heat. fuck that.

This. The day they force EVERYONE to cover their bodies in the heat, the world will only have to respect their ancient values. But since as always this will only target women, I tell them to go fuck themselves (which will probably do them the most good by the way).

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

I don't agree with it but, as I said, go elsewhere.

Go to a place where they do allow it. They'll soon change when they realise they're losing money but it will be their choice not us forcing change upon them. 

On 1/6/2023 at 2:01 PM, horn said:

I remember back in 2019, my friends & I went to Maldives and stayed in Sheraton water bungalow.

Sheraton-Maldives-Tasha-Pool.jpg

We received complaints from one of the water bungalow guest (a middle eastern woman who stayed next door) that we worn nothing but swimming trunks while snorkeling in the sea. 

For fuck sake it's a beach resort, almost 90% of the male guest worn had nothing but a swimming trunks.

Bitch should not be allowed if she's so conservative :rolleyes:

Absurd. However those rules in Pular Besau are even more absurd. Greece is always the best option. So many nudists beaches there. Too bad you can't go on your winter vacation, because its like 15 degrees. All the liberal and warm places (when in Europe it's winter) are too far from where I am like Brazil or Cuba or Miami.

4 hours ago, elijah said:

Absurd. However those rules in Pular Besau are even more absurd. Greece is always the best option. So many nudists beaches there. Too bad you can't go on your winter vacation, because its like 15 degrees. All the liberal and warm places (when in Europe it's winter) are too far from where I am like Brazil or Cuba or Miami.

I LOVE Mykonos island! so many hot gay men, so little time! :inlove: :horny: :dramatic:

58 minutes ago, horn said:

I LOVE Mykonos island! so many hot gay men, so little time! :inlove: :horny: :dramatic:

I hate Mykonos, but Milos, Kos, Crete, Rhodes etc. are amazeballs!

11 hours ago, Sanctuary27 said:

Out of curiosity, why do you hate Mykonos? 

It’s not my cup of tea. It’s overcrowded, very busy and it looks superficial. It lacks the charm of other islands, because it’s too unauthentic. Plus the ppl mainly wanna show off. Milos is my favorite island so far - not overcrowded, clean waters, great food and chill atmosphere. But that’s just what I like. If you want clubbing, Mykonos is the place

6 hours ago, elijah said:

It’s not my cup of tea. It’s overcrowded, very busy and it looks superficial. It lacks the charm of other islands, because it’s too unauthentic. Plus the ppl mainly wanna show off. Milos is my favorite island so far - not overcrowded, clean waters, great food and chill atmosphere. But that’s just what I like. If you want clubbing, Mykonos is the place

I totally get it! That’s what I wanted to know.  Because even tho its a beautiful place, I just don’t feel it. And that’s exactly the reason why, I mean I’m not into partying nor clubbing, etc, so.  Glad to know I’m not the only one, lol. 

On 1/9/2023 at 10:32 PM, elijah said:

Clubbing? YASSSSS :horn: 

And of course I do like some quiet beach sometimes, that's why I went Maldives as well.