Activists vandalise Vincent van Gogh’s Sunflowers at London's National Gallery

horn

it's in a frame, there's a glass in front of it, so it's safe. so much for the bravery. from the looks of it, seems like the gallery agreed to it.

so, what's the point? why this work? cuz it shows sunflowers and these idiots think they're greta?

van gogh is probably one of the last artists whose work you should pretend to vandalise for "justice". it's like destroying a kahlo piece in the name of "women rights"

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

it's in a frame, there's a glass in front of it, so it's safe. so much for the bravery. from the looks of it, seems like the gallery agreed to it.

so, what's the point? why this work? cuz it shows sunflowers and these idiots think they're greta?

van gogh is probably one of the last artists whose work you should pretend to vandalise for "justice". it's like destroying a kahlo piece in the name of "women rights"

My heart skipped a beat when they did it.

Thank god it was well protected from these idiots.

They probably dun even know who is Van Gogh.

Just now, horn said:

My heart skipped a beat when they did it.

Thank god it was well protected from these idiots.

They probably dun even know who is Van Gogh.

they clearly don't.

and if they picked it because it's one of the most expensive ever sold, they failed. even if there's some damage, they probably only made its value increase.

that said, still think the gallery was in on it.

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

they clearly don't.

and if they picked it because it's one of the most expensive ever sold, they failed. even if there's some damage, they probably only made its value increase.

that said, still think the gallery was in on it.

They can go vandalize Liz Truss/Piers Morgan's car :crazy: 

26 minutes ago, horn said:

They can go vandalize Liz Truss/Piers Morgan's car :crazy: 

seeing how foolish they are, they probably don't even know who liz truss is. and.. you know.. it's a little harder to get it perfectly in frame for a short tiktok video. 

by the way, it gets even more pathetic. apparently they choose to vandalise an oil painting to protest climate change. they dont know where oil paint comes from? :lmao: 

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

Thank goodness it is well protected but this “publicity stunt” still is promoting attacking priceless art.  Can give others ideas about destroying art. 

Plus, they are wrecking their own cause. People are worried about climate change and want action but obnoxious idiots like this, turn people that are unsure etc off. Achieves nothing for climate change action apart from bad publicity. 

10 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Thank goodness it is well protected but this “publicity stunt” still is promoting attacking priceless art.  Can give others ideas about destroying art. 

Plus, they are wrecking their own cause. People are worried about climate change and want action but obnoxious idiots like this, turn people that are unsure etc off. Achieves nothing for climate change action apart from bad publicity. 

they're actually doing more favours to the oil giants. proves once again they only care about getting attention.

and yes, it possibly inspiring some copycats is what im scared of as well. speaking of.. it's picasso's 50th death anni with lots of exhibitions all over the world.. i'd be very sad if it inspired some lunatics to destroy some of his work

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

seeing how foolish they are, they probably don't even know who liz truss is. and.. you know.. it's a little harder to get it perfectly in frame for a short tiktok video. 

by the way, it gets even more pathetic. apparently they choose to vandalise an oil painting to protest climate change. they dont know where oil paint comes from? :lmao: 

One of the bitches' pink hair dye caused more harm to the environment :o

I don't think they're as stupid as you claim. They got the desired attention without harming anything. 

Would we be watching now had the painting been some forgotten classic in the basement level?

28 minutes ago, San said:

I don't think they're as stupid as you claim. They got the desired attention without harming anything. 

Would we be watching now had the painting been some forgotten classic in the basement level?

They fueled the idea that climate activism is a “woke” movement by posh leftist kids in the university

Desecrating art is never fine. I m all for environmental protection, but I dont think thats the way to attract attention. Of course it most probably is a stunt (the painting is said to be untouched), but somehow it reminded me of the ISIS attack on Palmyra, which appalled me to the core.

2 hours ago, runa said:

Attention seekers - they put the spotlight not on the cause but on themselves.

I swear, I get so much angry at the leftists, sometimes, they always shoot in their own foot 🙄

Actually the right is a lot more messy but it’s the left that is able to criticize itself. Right wing supporters clap everything.

I just think though that the people they are trying to convince about the urgency of climate action are only going to be more turned off rather than listening to them.  Most young people are worried and concerned about climate change - as they should be.  They are not the people they need to reach as most are on board and aware about climate change. It is crucial that the world takes action.   It is the Murdoch and co press readers who believe the garbage that oil companies, conspiracy theorists  and anti-climate change corporates with vexed money interests peddle to them. These people will never be reached through stunts like throwing soup on paintings. They will actually turn the other way completely which is more dangerous and infuriating.  I think it taints their cause.   Throwing soup on priceless paintings ( thank goodness the paintings are protected )  might get publicity but it just fits into the narrative of them being brats.  Plus I still think it could inspire idiots to try to ruin artwork.  

3 hours ago, Kim said:

I'm much more concerned about a burning planet than a painting, but I do prefer this kinda thing...

Much better targets.  Targeting fossil fuel lobbyists who deserve everything they get is much more powerful and has proper meaning.