Two Singapore Airlines cabin crew members assaulted near hotel in Melbourne

horn

So dangerous to travel to Australia... You'll never know when you'll be punched by some random locals :nervous:

'I don't know if he was drunk or on drugs': 2 SIA crew members punched in the face near Melbourne hotel

OCTOBER 04, 2022 | By CLAUDIA TAN

A supper run to a nearby McDonald's turned into quite a nightmare for two Singapore Airlines (SIA) crew members who became victims of an unprovoked attack in Australia last Sunday (Oct 2). 

One of them posted two Instagram stories recounting the incident. The posts have since been taken down and his account is no longer accessible. 

In his Instagram stories, this cabin crew said they were only a mere 15m away from Rendezvous Hotel Melbourne — where they were staying — when the attacker approached them. 

"One dude (with two other friends) gave a huge nudge on my shoulder, then jab[ed] me on my right face," he wrote in his post. 

After recovering from the impact of the blow, he noticed that his colleague was "on the floor". 

041022_cabincrew%20assault%202_IG.jpg

The cabin crew member said he tried to defend himself but was stopped by the assailant's friends or a passerby.

He said that the police and paramedics arrived on scene shortly after the attack, and the perpetrator was arrested. 

At the end of his post, this victim also clarified that he was not intoxicated during the incident, and did not get into a fight. 

"It was a random assault that unfortunately happened to me and my colleague. And [I don't know] if the assailant was drunk or on drugs." 

He also uploaded a selfie where he was being treated by paramedics. The timestamp of the photo shows 3.34am. 

News of the attack also circulated via WhatsApp messages seen by AsiaOne, urging crew members to be careful and to "go out in a group" when overseas, especially at night. 

Responding to AsiaOne's queries, SIA confirmed that two of their cabin crew were assaulted. 

The airline said that the pair returned to Singapore on the same day, and are currently resting. 

SIA added that they would "provide all necessary support to the crew members during this time". 

Police investigations are ongoing. 

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/i-dont-know-if-he-was-drunk-or-drugs-2-sia-crew-members-punched-face-near-melbourne-hotel

So dangerous to go out to in Singapore... You'll never know when you'll be punched by some random locals :nervous:

Two women punched, kicked by strangers at Marquee nightclub - Singapore; police probing attack

SINGAPORE - Two women were clubbing at the nightclub Marquee together when they were allegedly attacked by at least two men.

One of the women - Ms Leeanne O'Donnell, 23 - posted on Instagram an account of the incident, which happened early on Sunday morning at the club at Marina Bay Sands integrated resort.

She said she was attacked after she tried to help defend the other woman - Ms Julia Wong.

Speaking to The Straits Times on Monday, Ms O'Donnell said she had gone with Ms Wong, 25, to Marquee at 11.45pm on Saturday to meet their friends.

While dancing on a podium at about 2.30am, a man with chin-length hair, who had been at a table in front of the women, approached Ms Wong before punching and pushing her off the metre-high structure, said Ms O’Donnell.

The pair later learnt from eyewitnesses that the attackers had asked Ms Wong for her name but she was punched when she leaned in to hear what they were saying.

Said Ms O'Donnell, a part-time receptionist: "I jumped in to push the guys attacking her away only to be pushed down and kicked as well.

"I was in shock the entire time and could not remember who the attackers were."

They were assaulted for two or three minutes, and it ended when the Marquee bouncers arrived and the attackers fled the scene, said Ms O’Donnell.

Ms O'Donnell was taken by ambulance to Raffles Hospital for treatment.

Later that day, she went for a check-up at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital and her hand was put in a cast. She also had to undergo scans on her eyes.

She said the incident left her with a sprained arm, bruises on her face and shoulders, and vision impairment.

In response to queries from ST, the police confirmed that a report was lodged and that investigations are ongoing.

A spokesman for Marquee said assistance was immediately rendered to the two women and added that the nightclub is investigating the incident.

Though affected by the incident, Ms O'Donnell said it has not put her off returning to the club.

"We are feeling better now, just laughing it off to make ourselves feel better about this terrible experience.

"We are definitely scarred by this incident, but we understand it's the fault of the attackers and we may consider going back again after we recover," she said.

sv_bruises_05092022.jpg?VersionId=7WgMam

sv_cheekbruises_05092022.jpg?VersionId=y

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/police-investigating-attack-on-two-women-at-the-marquee-nightclub

So dangerous to go out to in USA... You'll never know when you'll be killed or shoot by some random locals  :nervous: 

Las Vegas shooting: '11 Minutes' docuseries details events of deadliest US shooting in history

Audrey Conklin
·2 min read

Paramount Plus has released a four-part documentary series titled "11 Minutes" detailing the events of the deadliest shooting in U.S. history five years after the tragedy left 58 people dead in a single evening.

Two additional victims of the October 2017 shooting into a massive crowd of people at the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas have died since that day, making officials' total death count 60 people, on top of the some 800 other victims who were injured in the shooting.

"As a storyteller, I have often felt disappointed in how that night was shared. It felt like the narrative that was often explored was that of the worst person there and that the story faded fast into the next hard headline," survivor Ashley Hoff, one of the subjects of the docuseries, wrote in a Sept. 13 Facebook post about the series. "As the yearly markers passed, it felt more and more that the world stopped remembering the night 22,000 of us will never forget. I got to thinking - maybe that’s why I was there. Because I'm a storyteller and I could share what I remembered."

Hoff added that as she ran out of the field where the country concert was being held as the shooter opened fire on thousands of attendees, she "got to bear witness to some of the most beautiful moments of humanity" as people rushed to help one another.

RETIRED LAS VEGAS OFFICER WHO RESPONDED TO HARVEST FESTIVAL SHOOTING REVEALS WHAT'S ‘ALWAYS’ IN HIS BAG

"THAT is the story I wanted to tell and the one - that with the help of an amazing team, the trust of every person who shared," she wrote.

SWAT ARRESTS CALIFORNIA MAN FOR PLOTTING ‘LAS VEGAS-STYLE’ MASS SHOOTING

The docuseries aims to tell first-person stories of the heroism that unfolded that night alongside one of the most horrific massacres in American history.

"In one instance, viewers accompany heavily armed officers on their step-by-step assault of the shooter’s hotel room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay," a description of the series on the Paramount Plus website reads.

Paddock had opened fire on concertgoers from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel on the Las Vegas Strip before killing himself.

https://news.yahoo.com/las-vegas-shooting-apos-11-233924083.html