Queen Elizabeth DEAD...

3 hours ago, promise to try said:

actually, the historic periods are a lot of times defined by symbolic actions more than other thing. I´m thinking for example about taking the Bastille (in that moment they din´t finish with the absolutism, the monarchy...but it´s what we use to start the contemporay era). So it wouldn´t surprise me if they use queen dying as the beginning /end of something

I sincerely doubt it 

5 hours ago, Confessit said:

I’m sure The Queens national address when covid happened will be written in the history books in Britain when the time comes and it’s written about

I’m sorry, but this is beyond ridiculous. 

7 hours ago, Kim said:

Hold on a fucking minute. The royals went MIA during Covid then someone decided Betty should eventually say something months later. What WILL go down in history is the 200 THOUSAND deaths, worst death toll in Europe and the rampant cronyism/ moneymaking by the govt of the time....not some old codger popping up to utter some pathetic platitudes.

Oh and now it's the "my royals are more famous than yours" nonsense? Really?

it’s hardly nonsense the Spanish royal family are no where near as famous as the British royal family.  

9 hours ago, karbatal said:

But that’s not history that’s entertainment 

Entertainment created because of history.

Films, documentaries, books, Netflix series countless things have been created about the British royal family. 

4 hours ago, runa said:

I’m sorry, but this is beyond ridiculous. 

There’s plenty of images of King George and The Queen Mother in the blitz in history books written about WW2. I remember seeing them at school.

There are plenty of documentaries made that discuss the King and Queen going out during the war and the blitz. All very well documented in history books.

So therefore I don’t think it’s that much of a stretch the Queens address will get a mention in British history books when they write about covid.

Elizabeth I is still clearly the more historical Elizabeth and the Elizabethan era will continue to refer solely to her. Seriously until Diana showed up there was no story to tell about this reign.

55 minutes ago, MadFan said:

Elizabeth I is still clearly the more historical Elizabeth and the Elizabethan era will continue to refer solely to her. Seriously until Diana showed up there was no story to tell about this reign.

well...and after andrew´s sex  life got public. And her sister was quite scandalous too (both elizabethg´s and Andrews) back in the day